Downloads: Fallout 2 Restoration Project Installer Version
Fallout 2 Restoration Project Installer Version
Uploaded by killap - 01-06-2008
Note: Previous 2.2 save games should be compatible, but to ensure no problems come up please start anew. There are some areas that will potentially break with old saves unless you enter them for the first time. 2.3 saves are even more compatible but better safe than sorry. You've been warned.
Bug reports should be added to the Fallout 2 RP bug report wiki. A link can be found below. Posting only in this thread risks your report being lost over time.
1. Make a clean installation of Fallout 2 (humongous install). If you are running Visa/7/8, be sure to NOT install in the c:\program files directory.
2. Download and install the RP (only use the manual install if you really know what you're doing)
3. That's it. Don't install anything else, unless you know what you're doing!
My Fallout modding website
Restoration Project technical wiki
Restoration Project bug report wiki
Restoration Project walkthrough
None at this time.
RP 2.3.2 Change Log:
• Some female children were still incorrectly using the male child model instead of the new female one.
• Fixed nasty bug accidently introduced with the extended dance sequence in the last release. Sorry about that!
• Restored missing script that triggers when entering Lloyd's room.
• Reverted change about casinos becoming abandoned after wiping out a gang family. While logical, it became controversial and other areas of the game don't get affected in this way. So, it's all or nothing and we're going with back to the vanilla state (nothing).
RP 2.3.1 Change Log: (doesn't include UP changes)
• You can no longer gamble at Becky's gambling tables after she is dead.
• Unlocked dialogue for Cassidy where he talks about his dislike of Myron. This is all vanilla and I swear it was unlocked long ago, but seems to have been lost. Anyway, it's back!
• Extended the dance sequence that you can do as a female player at the Shark Club.
• Wiping out a gang family causes the casino to become abandoned (i.e. you can't gamble anymore, the patrons leave, etc).
• Killing the spore plants on the Green Level no longer counts towards wiping out the plants on the surface.
• Unlocked conversation with Goris asking him about his true identity. This was prevented before by bad vanilla scripting.
• Fixed crashes with Kaga. Most cropped up due to saving/loading during his encounter, but this should also make his encounter more stable in general as well. Also potentially fixes the issue where you would encounter Kaga but the map would be empty.
• Added high-res patch v3.06 as a legacy option in the installer for Mac OS users and those that need to use an older version of the high-res mod because of graphic/UI problems.
• Installer fix for Russian translation: Deselecting Cassidy's new voice will correctly NOT copy over the Russian voiced files. Before, the Russian voice files were always copied over when you chose the Russian language, no matter what Cassidy options you set.
• Several vanilla fixes that I won't list here (unofficial patch docs has that info), but I want to at least mention it so you don't think this release of the RP isn't worth the update. ;)
12-27-2013 at 08:02 PM
|I'm getting a 404 (not found error) when trying to download this and trying the "Report File" option in the hopes of reporting the 404 isn't working for me.
12-31-2013 at 12:29 AM
|404 as well, this seemed like such a good mod too...
01-03-2014 at 04:17 PM
|404 for me as well :/
01-05-2014 at 05:51 PM
01-20-2014 at 11:16 PM
|its working again
05-07-2014 at 05:56 AM
|Why do I get an error message in Windows 7 that says; "Your installation is in programfiles/fallout" or whatever, install in a different directory and try again"? I browse to the installation, which is not in program files, but in Program Files (x86)\Interplay\Fallout 2
05-07-2014 at 05:57 AM
|It's the same message I get for the hi-res pack too by the way
07-13-2014 at 12:19 PM
|For the people who are getting the "404 Not Found": Go to killap's site (http://www.killap.net/) and download the file from there.
11-01-2014 at 08:00 PM
|Still a 404 error.