Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Shacknews Fallout 3 Preview

Total Downloaded

Shacknews Fallout 3 Preview

Shacknews has published their preview, along with the rest of the world. Interestingly, this preview reveals yet another tidbit of information:
    Sadly, groin targeting has not returned for Fallout 3. The designers decided to keep the targetable areas to body parts that would have tangible effects when targeted--shooting a leg will cause the enemy to stumble, shooting out an arm might cause it to drop its gun. "You will no longer be able to punch a rat in the groin," Howard said.
    Aimed shots to the groin are out.

There was also a rather odd gameplay example:
    Howard noted that Bethesda developer Ashley Chang can frequently be seen wearing the uniform of the sheriff while perched in a tower, taking shots at the inhabitants of Megaton. A less ruthless player might find that killing the sheriff and donning his clothes, then acting the right way towards the citizens, might actually eventually result in being recognized as the new sheriff.
    And again, the mini-game feature is confirmed:
    Hacking computers and electronics is a part of Fallout 3, and is represented by a simple code-breaking mini-game similar to the classic Mastermind.
    Link:
    Shacknews Fallout 3 Preview

Thanks Briosafreak!

I should set a custom title Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded
    No groin shot, not a game worth buying.

Legislative Senator oTO Carbon Dated and Proud
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded

Re: Shacknews Fallout 3 Preview

Quote Originally Posted by Sander
    And again, the mini-game feature is confirmed:
    Hacking computers and electronics is a part of Fallout 3, and is represented by a simple code-breaking mini-game similar to the classic Mastermind.
    I rarely get a reason to cry but I disliked that feature in oblivion. It requires some skill by me, not my character. But we've been over that one before. I'll just go get some tissue.

Quote Originally Posted by verevoof
    And if you still want to hold on to "solid dick", I have the issue right in my hand and can take a picture of the page.

I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

Total Downloaded
    No groin targeting

Seems like such a minor thing, but it seems like they have no problem overhauling the entire formula already so this doesn't even matter any more.

Total Downloaded
    Yes, removing the groin shot makes a lot of sense...

...What is this, a T-rated game?

I've been around First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Only good thing about the interview:

Now, third person mode can operate with a Resident Evil 4-like over-the-shoulder perspective, a pulled back camera in line with the old games, or anywhere in between.
    I'm guessing you can set the camera for iso?

I've made over 40 posts First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    "The designers decided to keep the targetable areas to body parts that would have tangible effects when targeted"

So apparently this person never got shot in the groin. Getting kicked in the groin causes tangible effects to me. So apparently they don't have groins?

This really sucks though because it was hilarious. I recall shooting a chick in the crotch and yelling "yeah your crotch doesn't hurt once a month aymore huh!"

Also cross commenting on no child killing. It should be allowed but it's a moral dilemma it shouldn't make you feel good doing it but it happens.

Total Downloaded
    That would just be like finding a kernel of corn among the heaps of...

Alright I won't go there I agree that is pleasant news.

Total Downloaded
    Hmmm

With the bevy of info still pouring out this more and more becoming a mixed bag of chips. I'm going to have to decide whether the indigestion is worth it...

I should set a custom title Vault Senior Citizen

Total Downloaded
    I've read it here before, don't exactly remember who.
    "It's not Fallout unless you can kick a rat in the groin"
    I believe the quote was.
    [i]The life of a repo man is always intense.[i]~ Harry Dean Stanton

Total Downloaded
    Minigame overload. Holy shite, did they not say that they were going to "remove" minigames?
    : tech demo eh
    : Indeed!
    : what kind of tech demo?
    : oblivion was basically a tech demo

Total Downloaded
    Is it safe to assume that every single one of the devs are Ken-dolls then?

I mean, you'd think after watching America's Funniest Videos enough, a person can get a good understanding what a rapidly-incoming object can do to a guy.

I would think something designed to do intense damage and bodily destruction would have an enormous effect on a guy... far more than a shot to the arm or leg would.

But hey, what do I know... I'm a woman.
    |_|0|_|
    |_|_|0|
    |0|0|0|

Total Downloaded
    Well there go my plans to sterilize every npc and enemy i come across...

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    A bullet to the groin...especially one that removes one of the three, is going to be a lot more effective in taking down your average man than a debilitating shot to a leg, or even arm. If I was in a firefight and I realized I had just lost a ball or two, I'd be, in equal measure: hopelessly depressed and in a great deal of pain. I'm not trying to understate the pain of a bullet to anywhere else on your body, but aside from instant-kill shots to the head or heart, I don't think there is any better way to take down a man than shooting him in the crotch.

Supermutants may be a different story. Their priorities may be different. Perhaps, to them, their johnsons are just useless dangly parts, and they see you kicking them off as a blessing in a very painful disguise.

Regardless, this is lame. Very lame. Unsurprisingly lame, but still very lame.

I should set a custom title Companion to the Last Proton
    Total Downloaded
    No groin shots...

Do they not realize that the groin is one of the most sensitive parts of the human body? Do they not know that even being kicked in the groin can kill you?

This is like being told there is no Santa, all fucking over again!

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Solaire of Astora

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded

Shacknews has published their preview, along with the rest of the world. Interestingly, this preview reveals yet another tidbit of information:
    Sadly, groin targeting has not returned for Fallout 3. The designers decided to keep the targetable areas to body parts that would have tangible effects when targeted--shooting a leg will cause the enemy to stumble, shooting out an arm might cause it to drop its gun. "You will no longer be able to punch a rat in the groin," Howard said.
    Aimed shots to the groin are out.

href="http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=411">Shacknews Fallout 3 Preview
    That's just plain retarded. A groin shot would be one of the most effective way to take out or distract your opponents. Kick or shoot someone in the balls and see if he drops whatever he is holding. I'm betting he will. Seems FINO3 has been neutered.
    FINO3 = Fallout In Name Only 3 -Slicerdicer-

Com. William Adama
    new series Battlestar Galactica

Still kind of new First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Pfeh!

I sure hope so they'll put in the mod tools. I'm sure someone would get it in.

Total Downloaded

"You will no longer be able to punch a rat in the groin," Howard said
    Quote Originally Posted by Desslock
    It ain't Fallout unless you can kick a rat in the groin
    -Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.

Total Downloaded
    "You will no longer be able to punch a rat in the groin," Howard said
    You know, it looks like they're playing the realism card again and will say they removed this option because it's not realistic to punch a rat in the groin.

And you know... I'm starting to think, they might not actually be the most evil game producers, but they might indeed be stupid. At least Todd is. Definitely. Maybe some of his retarded decisions are not only related to marketing, but are indeed what he likes.

He wouldn't know a good game if it hit him in the... groin.

I should set a custom title Mildly Dipped

Total Downloaded
    More disappointing news. I mean shit, if they take out groin targetting for rats it wouldn't be a big deal. But for a human that seems like a rather nasty area to aim for.
    My guess is that eye targetting will be gone also. Streamlining yay?

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast