Ok, new version up. I decided to go ahead and call this small update 1.02.25 instead of doing a silent update to 1.02.24.
There are a few new fixes as well as a correction to a bug I had introduced in earlier patches. Timeslip's newest tweaks are also included which fixes quickload that broke as well as fixes the problem with the skilldex button turning black when too many pipboy entries are read. Overall, it is a worthwhile update. Since there was no news post at NMA regarding the 1.02.24 release, I will include the 1.02.24 changes below for those who might have missed it.
As before, DO NOT install this over the Restoration Project. The upcoming 1.2 release of it will include my latest patch. I just wanted to remind everyone about this even though the installer will now refuse to install the patch if it detects that the Restoration Project is installed.
Hopefully this will calm some of you until the 1.2 release of the Restoration Project which has been delayed a few days.
Save games are fully compatible with previous patch versions.
Windows Installer Version (recommended): download
Windows Manual Version ("advanced users"): download
Mac Version: download
Unofficial patch source files: download
1.02.25 change log:
Fixes to bugs introduced in the unofficial patch
• In Redding, killing all the wanamingos marks clear out the mine as completed. Buying the deed from the mayor sets it to active. So if you kill them before talking to the mayor, the quest gets reactivated and can never be crossed off.
• Restored quick load
New fixes since the May 22 release:
• There's a bug in the Gecko reactor control computer script that lets you bypass the access code sequence.
• Fixed a problem where the cell door to Oswald wouldn't open after saving/reloading the game.
• Moved a check in Ken Lee's script which would cause him no longer offer quests if you transfer fuel away from the Shi.
• Fixed skilldex button from turning black after reading too many entries in the pipboy. Thanks to Timeslip and his tweaks!
1.02.24 change log
Fixes to bugs I introduced since the January 5th release:
• Error with Bess staying on the map despite you selling her for dry meat.
• Fixed error message from appearing in message window after killing all the dogs in the protect brahmin quest in Modoc.
• Fixed an error that would cause Myron's script to crash when not on the stable's map.
• Fixed issue of there being two Laddies after bringing Johnny back to Modoc.
• After successfully completing "rustle the brahmin" quest I talked to Duntons at their house and chose the first reply ("Sheesh, calm down...").They both gave me an "error" message, with the only reply choise being "error". This is fixed.
• Fixed issue of Merk's guards freezing on Carlson's map.
• Fixed issue of being unable to get sulik as a dumb character.
• Fixed issue of Frankie asking you to destroy Becky's still despite you having already done so and telling him about this.
• Fixed crash when entering Trapper town in Klamath.
• When you complete the deal between the squatters and NCR, a new map is used for the Vault 15 squatter area. This revamped Vault 15 map has a bug, once you set foot on that map you lose your car. This is fixed.
• Fixed issue with Slim and bartering through dialogue.
• Removed all inclusions of Restoration Project which caused numerous npcs to give "Error" dialogue lines (Brain, Buckers, etc).
New fixes since the January 5th release:
• The talking head background is the same for party members no matter if you're in the woods, in town, or in the caves. This is no longer the case.
• When you call the Duntons dumb and ugly they will now attack you.
• Completion of bartering with the Duntons would result in a blank response screen and an option of done which then takes you to the correct end barter response message from the Duntons. This is no longer the case and the irrelevant blank response has been removed.
• The door in the north-eastern wall in Flick's room can now be locked/lockpicked like all the other doors.
• Fixed dialogue bug with Metzger regarding Vic fixing the radio.
• Hopefully fixed townspeople in the Den from becoming unresponsive when they travel between locations.
• If you talk to Vic for the first time while stupid, you'll go to the wrong dialogue node. This is no longer the case.
• Casino dealers now correctly return to their tables after combat.
• The talking slot machines in the "Desperado" sometimes give error messages when your character is drunk/drugged. This has been corrected.
• You can't ask Dr Andrew for healing if you have crippled limbs but full HP. This also goes for Lenny, Dr Fung and some but not all dialogue nodes of Dr Troy. This has been addressed.
• Party members now use the Adobe background like is used with Lynette.
• Lynette's node 056 should reasonably have the same stupid options as in 053, so you can get thrown out even if she's angry.
• Party members now use the Hub background like is used with Harold.
• All the residents of Gecko now become hostile when you start making a ruckus. Before, only the Brain and his minions would.
• Using a Doctor's Bag on Bess heals her leg and now correctly makes he get up like if you healed with your doctor skill.
• Fixed a scripting error with Davin's script regarding sex.
• Added prevention so it is less likely (hopefully impossible) to set off dynamite during the wedding.
• The old ghouls will no longer make old ghoul floats in combat.
• If you anger Skynet (the terminal), then talk to it and ask why you should help it, the message says the door to the room slams shut, but in reality it doesn't. The door now closes.
• Evil Skynet now kills your entire party rather than just stopping after killing only one party member.
• Robot eyebots didn't spawn with any weapons. They now spawn with Robo Melee Weapon 1. Robot eyebots at the Enclave used Robo Melee Weapon 2, so this correction seems reasonable.
• Pressing 0 in dialogue with Buster interferes with his inventory swap. This has been corrected.
• Telling the Hubologist that you won't kill her for Merk causes you to get the letter quest without any message or explanation. This is no longer the case.
• Party members now use the Adobe background like is used with Tandi.
• Fixed a useless skill tag check in the Enlightened One's script.
• The three inferior Brain Bots are now checked for weapons.
• Added prevention so it is no longer possible to set off explosives during the Badger cutscene.
• Corrected party backgrounds. Underground backgrounds are now Militarybase instead of Junktown. Above ground backgrounds are now Wasteland instead of Militarybase. Junktown is now used at the Gas Station.
• Corrected dialogue scripting bugs with Murray.
• Convincing Murray to shut down the reactor, no longer causes him to still say "What's the alarm ringing about?"
• It is no longer possible to stand on a computer terminal directly northwest of Murray.
• Added rockets to a rocketbot in the barracks area. Unlike the other bots, it carried no extras.
• Fixed bug where trappers would charge you the price of silver geckos when you buy the golden geckos.
• Cavern maps use cavern lighting outside the cave, not outdoor lighting. This has been corrected.
• Party members in the Unwashed Villagers and Cafe of Broken Dreams encounters now use the Necropolis background.
• Fixed team ai issues with Dogmeat.
• Perhaps fixed NPC apathy bug (Myron, Vic, etc)
• When stopping your car and not being out of gas, there is no party background defined, so it uses the last one. This has been corrected and the Wasteland background is now used.
• The original Brain Bot has no EMP protection at all, but it jumps to 500% as soon as it gains a level. It is now protected from the start.
• Flares cost 0 AP to throw, which is increased to the minimum of 1 whether you aim your throws or not. The cost is now 1 so that aimed throws cost 1 more.
• Fixed the save/load bug with the bonus move perk. This now works as intended thanks to Timeslip's engine tweaks.