Version 1.1 of the Fallout 2 Restoration Project is now ready. Hopefully most, if not all, of the issues found in 1.0 are fixed. Starting a new game is not required, but many of the fixes will not take effect unless you enter the area for the first time (New Reno and EPA are such examples) Thus if you haven't made it too far I highly suggest starting a new game. It's not required though and old saves will work just fine.
*Note* If you are experiencing odd crashes while in combat, or odd crashes in general I highly suggest uninstalling the game (not just the expansion), reinstalling and installing the latest expansion. There were some issues with the FO1 sounds and ammo mod found in version 1.0 of the expansion and these files might still be sitting around causing trouble. Removing everything and starting over is the best thing to do in this case.
I am about to begin a new semester at the University (tomorrow actually) thus I am highly strapped for time and did some sacrifices to get this update out so quickly. I hope everyone enjoys the mod and that this update will make things more playable. I am sure issues still remain and thus further updates are to be expected. There still is new content planned (the Shi sub is one example) so stay tuned for that. Don't expect quick releases though since University work will take precedence now.
Below are the links to the files and a list of what can be found in 1.1. The list is not complete and several bugs fixes are not specifically listed.
*Note: The expansion includes my unofficial patch, thus there is no need to install it separately.
*Note2: download is about 21 MB for the installer and 26 MB for the manual install.
*Note3: The installer contains some extra features that are not found in the manual version of the game. You may pick and choose which features you want.
*Note4: For non English users, you need to rename the:
\BlackIsle\Fallout2\data\Text\English folder to whatever language you are using, such as German, in order to play.
1.2 has since been released. Head over to the new thread: here
Again, here is a list of all the new content that can be found in the expansion:
Release 1.1: - Released JAN/13/2008
Unofficial Patch Fixes:
• Trappers no longer charge you the price of silver gecko pelts when you choose to buy golden gecko pelts.
• Added another check for the San Fran fights to make sure it is impossible to knock out an opponent and get stuck.
• The door in the north-eastern part of Flick's room in the Den can now be lock picked. It was missing a script by the original devs.
• Fixed a bug in Metzger's dialogue that would cause him to yell about Vic still needing to fix the radio despite it already being fixed.
• Hopefully fixed issue of townspeople in the Den becoming unresponsive.
• Fixed issue of Bess in Modoc still following you around (after first leaving and reentering Modoc) despite you having sold her for meat.
• Fixed issue of "ERROR" appearing after killing all the dogs attack the brahmin in Modoc.
• Fixed issue of there being two Laddies when bring Jonny back to Modoc and having initially gotten Laddie from Grisham.
• Fixed issue of being unable to get Sulik as a dumb character.
• Fixed issue of Merk's guards scripts locking up on the Carlson NCR map.
• Fixed issue of Myron freezing when leaving the Stables.
• Fixed issue of Frankie asking you to destroy Becky's still despite you having already done so and telling him about this.
• Swapped how the player obtains sexpert and gigolo. Sexpert is now based on skill and gigolo is based on number of times having sex. This better fits the description given for each trait.
• Fixed/added AI code for all the new locations. NPCs in these locations will now be on the correct teams.
• Fixed tons of holes, walking through solid objects, using items through walls, etc, in all the new locations.
• Cleaned up gang war code in the Den. Should work correctly now.
• Fixed issue of Sulik's Sister existing at both the Slaver Camp and her village when you bring her home.
• Fixed issue of Horrigan's encounter no longer occurring.
• Hopefully fixed issue of random forced empty encounters occurring.
• Fixed issues with the money skimming quest in Broken Hills.
• Fixed crash when delivering guns to the Vault Village.
• Fixed various crashes and issues associated with the EPA. Should be a better experience now.
• Tweaked how the cattle rustle quest in Klamath is done.
• Fixed issue of Sulik wandering off the Primitive Tribe map.
• Kaga's encounters should be less buggy.
• Fixed issue of there being no background environment when speaking with Goris.
• Giving Dogmeat the dog food found at the EPA now does something.
• Corrected various instances of "ERROR" being displayed in the message window or being said by NPCs.
• The Abbey computer is no longer accessible at any moment of use. It now correctly requires a passkey.
• Nikki, who was accidently forgotten in the first release, can now be found in New Reno.
• The car no longer appears inside one of the Ranger safe houses.
• Fixed dialogue error when speaking with the NCR rangers in NCR after having already wiped out the slaver camp.
• Redid the new alternate method of killing Keeng Ra'at.
• Tons of general bug fixes. Should be much more stable and bug free.
New content found in the expansion:
• Primitive Tribe
• Vault Village
• Slaver's Camp
• Hubologist Stash
• Den Residential Area
• Enclave Vertibird Landing Pad
• Ranger Safe Houses
New Karma title:
• New title given at the start of the game. Can be lost depending on the choices you make.
Changes To Old Locations:
• Stealing from the Elder's chest, Hakunin chest, or Aunt Morlis' vase will result in a karma drop.
• Ability to plant new seeds obtained from the EPA.
• New Area: Den Residential
• New Character: Petey - A druggie who lives in the alley
• New Quest: Orphanage - get the children of The Den off the streets
• New Item: Anna's diary
• Learn more about the whereabouts of Sulik's sister
• An extended gang war quest. Now involves going to the party Tyler is at.
• There is now another way of killing Keeng Ra'at. Be observant of the scenery.
• Extended Cattle Rustling Quest.
• Extended dialogue for Maida Buckner - before neither she nor her mother would give you info about the town (would send you in a wild goose chase - ask Mom, ask daughter, ask mom, etc)
• Unlocked voice dialogue for Sulik regarding his sister (won't notice until Primitive Tribe area)
• It is now possible to cure Fannie of her jet addiction.
• It is now possible to make Fannie OD on jet.
• Support beams in the mines are now destructible.
• Killing all the miners prevents there from being a good ending for Redding.
• It is now possible when falling down in the Ghost Caves or being expelled from the Modoc toilet to break a limb. (Party members are affected too)
• New Character: Three Card Monte and his bodyguard
• The ability to tell jokes as a male or dance as a female at one of the casinos
• A more involved find Lloyd quest
-New Character: Nikki
• New Character: The Barking Man
-Connected to the EPA
• An extended way of getting into the Stables as a woman
-before if you went to the Stables (as a hooker) you would just be dropped off at the main gate and nothing really new happened.
• Unlocked voice dialogue for Myron regarding the location of the EPA
Sierra Army Depot:
• Trip Wire now works as intended.
• New Location: Village Outside Vault City
-New characters involved as well as several others modified to fit the quest.
• Learn some info about the Vault Experiments from Vault City's Vault.
• Mess with the Enclave on the Gecko computer and feel the wrath of the verti assault encounter.
• Lenny now glows in the dark when you use a radioactive drink on him.
• Ability to become addicted to the game of Tragic.
• Lenny now carries a Zip gun when you first encounter him.
• New Quest: Money Skimming Quest
-New characters involved as well as several others modified to fit the quest.
-Unlocked voice dialogue from Marcus
• Nonviolent end to Raiders. (Shadow Who Walks)
• Ability to attack Ranger safe houses as a Slaver.
• Ability to attack Slaver Camp as a Ranger.
• Find out the real truth behind the Vault Experiments.
• Return the missing Shi biology corpse
• New location obtained: Hubologist stash
• Ability to fly to Enclave in a vertibird.
• Ability to set off the nuke found on the Presidential level.
• Ability to get location of EPA from Random Traveler
• 5 Kaga encounters (he was the previous Chosen One and is now trying to kill you)
• Shaman and Chieftain now found in Nomad encounters.
• Ability to save Homesteaders and then receive a reward for your service.
• Homesteader encounters now contain children.
• Space shuttle special encounter now has the Phazer.