Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 46

Thread: Amata

  1. #1
    I've been around First time out of the vault

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Capital Wasteland (Literally)
    Posts
    30
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Amata

    Am I the only one who wanted more of a storyline with Amata?
    Don't mind me, just passing through on my way to Megaton.

  2. #2
    Administrator Brother None's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Leiden, the Netherlands
    Posts
    37,280
    Total Downloaded
    0
    If "by more storyline" you mean "an opportunity to torture that stupid, ditzy, terribly-written little twat", then...yes?

  3. #3
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Camp in the Mojave
    Posts
    126
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Amata

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael of the Wastes
    Am I the only one who wanted more of a storyline with Amata?
    She was a fairly shallow character in a fairly shallow game.
    So, yes. More story could have helped her.
    I'm pretty gay for The NCR.

  4. #4
    I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    296
    Total Downloaded
    0
    More story could've helped the the entire game.
    "If you can't find a use for an automatic grenade launcher you aren't a fan of freedom."

  5. #5
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132
    Total Downloaded
    0
    I hated Vault 101. They kick you out twice. The second time I laid down about 100 mines before I left so my presence would be remembered. Like Africa! No thats a low blow.
    Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for an arrow in the knee.

  6. #6
    I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    254
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ManWithNoName
    I hated Vault 101. They kick you out twice. The second time I laid down about 100 mines before I left so my presence would be remembered. Like Africa! No thats a low blow.
    "thank you for saving us all, you're a hero to everyone here! ....

    now please go away. "

    silly storyline, yes i agree this is 'one' thing (among many) that needed a much better storyline to it and better writing overall. </mini>

  7. #7
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Midwest. Cassidy was right, there are mile wide twisters here now.
    Posts
    134
    Total Downloaded
    0
    I thought it was awesome when she shot Officer Mack.

  8. #8
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    132
    Total Downloaded
    0
    I didn't know she shot him. I always just killed him with the bat.
    Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for an arrow in the knee.

  9. #9
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Midwest. Cassidy was right, there are mile wide twisters here now.
    Posts
    134
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ManWithNoName
    I didn't know she shot him. I always just killed him with the bat.
    She shoots him if you refuse to take the pistol from her.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t9mOVBtyY

  10. #10
    I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    296
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by cratchety ol joe
    Quote Originally Posted by ManWithNoName
    I hated Vault 101. They kick you out twice. The second time I laid down about 100 mines before I left so my presence would be remembered. Like Africa! No thats a low blow.
    "thank you for saving us all, you're a hero to everyone here! ....

    now please go away. "

    silly storyline, yes i agree this is 'one' thing (among many) that needed a much better storyline to it and better writing overall. </mini>
    This was brought up in a similar thread, but have you ever played Fallout 1?

    I didn't know Amata would shoot the guy. I just ran in and beat the shit out of with a police baton while yelling I AM THE LAW at the screen.

  11. #11
    I should set a custom title Mildly Dipped

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    <redacted>
    Posts
    563
    Total Downloaded
    0
    I wanted a random encounter where Enclave troops find her and... waaaaaaaait a minute...

  12. #12
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A Camp in the Mojave
    Posts
    126
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Einhänder
    I wanted a random encounter where Enclave troops find her and... waaaaaaaait a minute...
    ....and beat the ever loving crap out of her and her 2-d personality?
    I'm pretty gay for The NCR.

  13. #13
    I should set a custom title Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Alphadrop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Blighty
    Posts
    2,396
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chinz
    Quote Originally Posted by Einhänder
    I wanted a random encounter where Enclave troops find her and... waaaaaaaait a minute...
    ....and beat the ever loving crap out of her and her 2-d personality?
    Nah they don't do that, they make it way too clean.
    ''You have the right to remain inconspicuous."

  14. #14
    Lowly new user First time out of the vault

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Necropolis, California, USA
    Posts
    5
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Shallow character with potential to have more to her, like most characters in FO3. I liked her, personally. She didn't seem to have enough of a role when considering she was your best friend. Just went around crying and getting her ass handing to her a bunch. Sad.
    No mutants allowed here? Well, I guess I'm in for a bumpy ride...

  15. #15
    I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    88
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Couldn't really develop an attachment to any of the characters.

    either they were idealistic self righteous idiots who always talked about *saving* the wasteland or evil idiots who do things for no reason.

    Just boring.

  16. #16
    ☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢☢ Antediluvian as Feck
    Buxbaum666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    The Shades of Ankh-Morpork
    Posts
    6,628
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BarackSays
    She shoots him if you refuse to take the pistol from her.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t9mOVBtyY
    I nearly forgot how incredibly bad the voice acting in this game was. Thanks for reminding me.

    Quote Originally Posted by verevoof View Post
    Was coming to say "This isn't Reddit," but instead accidentally masturbated to a post.

  17. #17
    I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    254
    Total Downloaded
    0
    @DirkGently

    Yes I have thanks, and the ending 'you must leave' is justified in FO1 I feel.

    in Failout 3 they just say go away, and to me it seems almost utterly illogical, your best friend of many years whom you have just saved (and if you do the quest in 'the good way') saved from doom suddenly decides that they want nothing to do with you?!

    Its utter crap compared to FO1 in which you are told that your character has become far too influenced by the world at large and as such would not be able to 'fit' into the vault once again.

  18. #18
    I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, S.C
    Posts
    186
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Amata is an utterly shallow character plagued by awful writing, however like many characters in FO3, she could have had some potential, but sadly squandered by Bethsofts incompetence.

    I'll again use the Talon Mercs as an example. If more time was put into these guys they could have been an interesting faction, but all we got was "Derp-a-derp I want this ones head on a fucking plate!".

  19. #19
    Would never do that an post This ghoul has seen it all
    Crni Vuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Where I live
    Posts
    16,507
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DirkGently
    This was brought up in a similar thread, but have you ever played Fallout 1?
    Thing is that Fallout 3 is using quite a lof of parts from Fallout 1. Like the "we kick you out of the vault", "the water quest", "Harold", "high number of BoS", "Supermutants" (what surprise ...). Yet strange enough with all those references they are quite poorly implemented in my eyes. Either they thought its a neat idea or (which I believe more actualy) they thought without all those references one might get the idea fallout 3 is not a "fallout" game ~ but a first person spin of shooter.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buxbaum666
    Quote Originally Posted by BarackSays
    She shoots him if you refuse to take the pistol from her.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3t9mOVBtyY
    I nearly forgot how incredibly bad the voice acting in this game was. Thanks for reminding me.
    Lulz. Did he just loost a leg from the pistol ? Boy its not just the voice acting. Almost anything screems "B MOVIE !" right in front of your face. I really dont get it how all those reviews gave that the highest score ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaddes
    Amata is an utterly shallow character plagued by awful writing, however like many characters in FO3, she could have had some potential, but sadly squandered by Bethsofts incompetence.

    I'll again use the Talon Mercs as an example. If more time was put into these guys they could have been an interesting faction, but all we got was "Derp-a-derp I want this ones head on a fucking plate!".
    Thats very true. Its amazing how much potential they gave away. I think it would have been better if they spend time on a possible war scenario with some merc factions and slaver guilds for example then the this water-for-everyone-plot. There could have been done much with Rangers and Talon company. And a the slavers and towns in the midle of it. but well the theme of the game had to be sacrifice ... at all costs.




  20. #20
    Human Disaster Companion to the Last Proton
    verevoof's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7,335
    Total Downloaded
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Crni Vuk
    Almost anything screems "B MOVIE !" right in front of your face. I really dont get it how all those reviews gave that the highest score ...
    It was intentional. Because the 1950's had a lot of crappy B movies... so... yeah, they meant it to be just as crappy... because 1950's B movies.


Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions