Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Leaked information from Fallout: New Vegas game guide

I should set a custom title Vault Senior Citizen

Total Downloaded

Leaked information from Fallout: New Vegas game guide

Apparently, Best Buy employees are allowed to purchase game guides early, which is what one of them did. Now he's posting various information from it on gamespot/gamefaqs boards
    Here are some totals from the appendicies (did I spell that right?):

42 hollowed out rocks (kind of like the one that was near Megaton that held the sniper rifle)

51 Skill books (less skill books but they add +3 to skills or +4 with Comprehension perk)

213 Skill magazines (these will add +10 to skills but only last a small amount of time, can be longer with Retention perk and get +15 with Comprehension Perk)

42 different Unique Weapons (some only available WITH Wild Wasteland, others only available WITHOUT Wild Wasteland

For the Beastiary there are Bighorners (6 subspecies), Bloatflies are back, Brahmin (4 subspecies), Cazadors (look like giant mosquitos, 3 subspecies), 3 different Centaurs this time around, Coyotes (3 kinds), 8 types of Deathclaws, 8 types of dogs, 10 types of Geckos, 10 types of Ghouls, 3 types of Giant Ants, 3 types of giant Mantises, 4 types of Giant Rats, 2 kinds of Lakelurks, 2 types in Molerats, 4 kinds of Nightstalkers (weird cat looking things, supposedly poisonous), Radroach, 6 types of Radscorpions, 5 types of Sporeplants (no picture available), and 6 kinds of Super Mutants.

[..]

As for followers, it is true you can have one humanoid and non-humanoid follower at a time. BUT, if you get to a certain reputation with the NCR you are able to call in for a Ranger or Trooper to assist bringing the total to 3 and if you pay for a bodyguard in Freeside it will bring it up to 4, but that's only while you are in Freeside. Also, when playing on Normal difficulty (non hardcore) your companions do not die, they fall unconscious. Only in Hardcore mode do they die. Companions also cannot use modified weapons but CAN use different ammo types.

10 TRAITS TOTAL (can elaborate later if asked about specific one): Built to Destroy, Fast Shot, Four Eyes, Good Natured, Heavy Handed, Kamikaze, Loose Cannon, Small Frame, Trigger Discipline, and of course, Wild Wasteland.

86 total perks are in there. Most are shared from FO3 some are new. Can't write them down now cuz I see a customer walking towards me now.

I should set a custom title Companion to the Last Proton
    Total Downloaded
    Also, when playing on Normal difficulty (non hardcore) your companions do not die, they fall unconscious. Only in Hardcore mode do they die
    Obsidian, noting that companions could easily get killed, makes things easier for people who don't like it when their bestest buddy bites the big one.

Good news for people who like hardcore mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Solaire of Astora

I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by generalissimofurioso
    Also, when playing on Normal difficulty (non hardcore) your companions do not die, they fall unconscious. Only in Hardcore mode do they die
    Obsidian, noting that companions could easily get killed, makes things easier for people who don't like it when their bestest buddy bites the big one.

Good news for people who like hardcore mode.
    More like Danny Trejo threatened them with "you kill my character, I kill you".

"Sure Mr. Trejo, h-here... no, er, you don't want to play in "hardcore mode".
    "People always call it luck when you've acted more sensibly than they have."

Board Drifter Vault Senior Citizen
    Total Downloaded
    8 types of Deathclaws?????
    At the end of the day, after the blood's been spilled and the pay's changed hands, I drift away into the wastes to seek my fortune elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Bumner
    The reputation was thrust upon NMA, rather than deserved. And it was mainly thrust upon the site by lazy individuals who couldn't distinguish between individual post-ers and some notional monolithic NMA-monster which apparently eats dissenters and throws intellectual faeces at innocent software developers.

I should set a custom title Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded
    Deathclaw Baby, Young Deathclaw, Blind Deathclaw, Deathclaw, Deathclaw Alpha, Deathclaw Alpha Male (this one they do have a picture of, big ****ing satan horns, awesome), Deathclaw Mother and Legendary Deathclaw.
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity.
    Benjamin Disraeli

"I don't swear for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. We've got to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words anybody understands." Henry Drummond

"If you look for the bad in Fallout 3 expecting to find it, you surely will" Abraham Simms

Board Drifter Vault Senior Citizen
    Total Downloaded
    Pic?
    At the end of the day, after the blood's been spilled and the pay's changed hands, I drift away into the wastes to seek my fortune elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Bumner
    The reputation was thrust upon NMA, rather than deserved. And it was mainly thrust upon the site by lazy individuals who couldn't distinguish between individual post-ers and some notional monolithic NMA-monster which apparently eats dissenters and throws intellectual faeces at innocent software developers.

Total Downloaded
    no that is a direct copy from what he posted in the thread, I haven't seen it.
    The difference between a misfortune and a calamity is this: If Gladstone fell into the Thames, it would be a misfortune. But if someone dragged him out again, that would be a calamity.
    Benjamin Disraeli

"I don't swear for the hell of it. Language is a poor enough means of communication. We've got to use all the words we've got. Besides, there are damn few words anybody understands." Henry Drummond

"If you look for the bad in Fallout 3 expecting to find it, you surely will" Abraham Simms

I should set a custom title Still Mildly Glowing

Total Downloaded
    Holy shit, TONS of good news.

"I'm not sure how this will be formatted since I'm using Gamespot but I'll give it a go.Hopefully this makes sense. INT # is what your Intelligence is at in SPECIAL, then= to how many points you get for skills each level. INT 1=10.5 INT 2=11 INT 3=11.5 INT 4=12 INT 5=12.5 INT 6=13 INT 7=13.5 INT 8=14 INT 9=14.5 INT 10=15"

Human Disaster Companion to the Last Proton
    Total Downloaded
    From my experience, player's guides are never 100% correct. But it sure sounds cool.

I should set a custom title Companion to the Last Proton
    Total Downloaded
    Nothing that ever comes with a video game is 100% correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Solaire of Astora

I should set a custom title It Wandered In From the Wastes

Total Downloaded
    Shit, I don't want to meet a legendary deathclaw. Can't believe there's 8 types.

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded

Re: Leaked information from Fallout: New Vegas game guide

Quote Originally Posted by Incognito
    I see a customer walking towards me now.
    Cats paw on first photo.
    This is person that pushed Incognito out from shop?

Map is good. Cliffs are borders, not "You can't go there" message.

Total Downloaded
    This is information I like, just stats not spoilers. Has anyone been to the thread on gamespot and noticed many story spoilers or is it just general information?

That said, damn, 10 geckos!? Sweet!

Also, Hardcore just got a lot more interesting since companions can die. I was just going to use one or two of them exclusively, but now I can hang out with all of them and if they die, f*ck it.

Super Moderator Lived Through the Heat Death
    Total Downloaded
    There are no story spoilers, which is good. Still, if you don't want to know what enemies you can meet, what locations, etc. I wouldn't look up the thread. It's also the first time that I am not sure if I should read everything that gets leaked out.... especially because the game comes in a few days anyway.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexx
    There are no story spoilers, which is good. Still, if you don't want to know what enemies you can meet, what locations, etc. I wouldn't look up the thread. It's also the first time that I am not sure if I should read everything that gets leaked out.... especially because the game comes in a few days anyway.
    Thanks, Lexx. I think what's in the news post will slake my thirst for information for now.

Although, if he posts the types of geckos....

Total Downloaded
    It'll be a hard game to spoil. They have to spoil the main quest 4 times, and then the 70 sidequests. Quite a task for a troll to accomplish, but possible.

I should set a custom title Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Total Downloaded
    I hope I am wrong, I hope I am really wrong, but while checking one of those maps I noticed a once proud name turned into a joke: Enclave.

Please let this be an misunderstanding on my side.

That would be like the Twilight movies going to watch fat girls

Super Moderator Lived Through the Heat Death
    Total Downloaded
    What do you mean? I can hardly read anything on these maps.

Total Downloaded
    You know from my personnel experience leaks are a blessing and a curse, in cases like this they can get you hyped for the release, but in cases like the Go-mod 4 leak they can ruin a game completely.
    [spoiler:b60f4b0b55]
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonold
    That's like giving a kid who wants to play catch a live grenade and telling him its a baseball.
    Quote Originally Posted by John B.
    I do that to, how are they going to learn if they don't make a few mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonold
    They are not going to learn..........
    They are going to be dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by John B.
    Well isn't that a good consolation prize?
    [/spoiler:b60f4b0b55]

I should set a custom title Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexx
    What do you mean? I can hardly read anything on these maps.
    Check the left corner Lexx, the color designation part.

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/alb...hp?pic_id=4364

I hope this is just a coincidence and I am reading it wrong.

That would be like the Twilight movies going to watch fat girls

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast