Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Good , neutral, or Evil.

I should set a custom title Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Total Downloaded

Good , neutral, or Evil.

Which is better.

Pros of Evil: free ammo at Paradise falls, blowing up megaton is economically the best decision, not much can be gained from quest in megaton and Moria moves to underworld anyway so its win win in every way accept you become evil. Slaving can make you evil.

Neutral, you the get robot companion which is the best. You also get a pretty good speech perk which only helps if your neutral.

Good. Its the morality you get if you constantly delever fingers to the regulators. Free food at megaton. Paladin Cross and Fawkes.

I usually shoot for neutral just for the speech perk and usually try to balance slaving with delivering fingers.

I should set a custom title Vault Dweller

Total Downloaded
    I did good on my main file for Fawkes.
    October 7th, 2162

I arrived at the Mutant Military Base.* Katja died and Dogmeat walked into a force field and died. "No!* Dogmeat Stay!* STAY!* NO...* Bzzzzttttt!!!"* "Whoof!!!"* "Yike! *Yike!* Yike!"* Dog Gone it.

Super Moderator Lived Through the Heat Death
    Total Downloaded
    I am always chaotic neutral to chaotic good. I try to do the right things, but if it needs to be done, I say fuck the rules. That's how things should be done. Though, Fallout 3 doesn't really support this. :>

Would never do that an post This ghoul has seen it all
    Total Downloaded
    Well you can be at least chaotic in F3. Problem is people simply stand up again ...

Total Downloaded
    The problem for the most part is that the choices are rather black and white; I find it ironic that Good Karma can essentially be purchased from charities and that Evil Karma, in my exerience, is harder to aquire steadily outside of quests.

I tend to stay neutral, RL-3 is by far the superior companion in my opinion.
    "I bear the burden of ensuring the survival and prosperity of the United States and of humanity itself. A heavy burden and yet if it means the return of the earth to our children and to their children, I bear it gladly. I'll go to my reward knowing that I died a patriot and a servant of humanity." - President Richardson

SPOOOOOOKY Douchenoozle Half-way Through My Half-life
    Total Downloaded
    Is not just that hey are blck and white, they also lack concecuences for the most part. Youlos the house in Megaton, but you get one in Tenpenny tower, you deliver finger but... emmmm.... dunno. You enslave people, but you just wait 3 days and the people from that community will be already calmed down.

Zen Garbage Sculpture Companion to the Last Proton
    Total Downloaded
    I don't make any effort to guide my karma, I just play to the natural instincts inveterate in most gamers. Thus, I usually end up good, considering the ridiculous amounts of good karma you can rack up just for exterminating a few nests of the right kinds of people.

RL3 is one of the better companions, but I'd sooner not have a companion in FO3, anyway. Tenpenny's nice, but the inhabitants irritate to no end, aside from Dashwood, and it's not centrally located.

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Walpknut
    Is not just that hey are blck and white, they also lack concecuences for the most part. Youlos the house in Megaton, but you get one in Tenpenny tower, you deliver finger but... emmmm.... dunno. You enslave people, but you just wait 3 days and the people from that community will be already calmed down.
    Yeah, can't piss people of Bethesda ; blow up Megaton, the major quest provider just happened to be outside and doesn't give a shit so you can continue! Posioned the water? Well fortunately nobody in the Brotherhood of Steel took a single sip and only some un-named people died so continue regardless.

Fucking cowards.
    "I bear the burden of ensuring the survival and prosperity of the United States and of humanity itself. A heavy burden and yet if it means the return of the earth to our children and to their children, I bear it gladly. I'll go to my reward knowing that I died a patriot and a servant of humanity." - President Richardson

I should set a custom title Half-way Through My Half-life

Total Downloaded
    I never understood why I got good Karma for donating to a religion that wanted to blow up a bomb in a town full of innocent people.

Quote Originally Posted by Crni Vuk
    One has not to go as far like baby raping mad scientists.

Would never do that an post This ghoul has seen it all
    Total Downloaded
    Because every kind of religion is a good thing. Particularly then one close to Christianity (like in Rivet City). Did you not learned ANYTHING while playing Fallout 3 !11

Hazel Bush Hegemon Half-way Through My Half-life
    Total Downloaded
    Karma system in Fallout 3 and New Vegas is quite stupid.
    I don't know why did they feature it in New Vegas in the way it was featured? At least, they could change it a bit from 3 approach.
    One could wander why have they even added karma? Because it was in original games?

Radiation hunger
    Cold war a secret sign
    my ghost whispers to my ghost
    "am I nuclear genocide?"

Lowly new user First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    While Karma was kinda of pointless in every Fallout game, although in the originals it was very hard to go back but it really only affected NPC reactions and a few quests. In New Vegas, if you have bad karma than Chass will warn you to change or she will leave, but other than that and the ending if you go independent, I can't think of any instance where karma matters in that game.
    "Funnytown01, signing off"

Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomkilla
    Karma system in Fallout 3 and New Vegas is quite stupid.
    I don't know why did they feature it in New Vegas in the way it was featured? At least, they could change it a bit from 3 approach.
    One could wander why have they even added karma? Because it was in original games?
    Did Karma even have an impact on any NPC's reactions to you in New Vegas? I've never had anything other than good Karma, even on my 'evil' Legion playthrough, at least I tried to be evil.

I should set a custom title Mildly Dipped

Total Downloaded
    I don't get it. Why be neutral for a perk that doesn't even do much?
    FO3 Karma is virtually nonexistent. Nothing happens, quests are free far all no matter your Karma point.

In FO2 for instance if you had very bad Karma some folks shunned you so not all quests could be done, but most could. Apart from that you get bad traits for doing bad stuff, you can't even trade with some merchants. And if you kill children bounty hunter nail your ass every time, and it starts to hurt really bad when 5 guys with Power Armor want to crush you every 5 mins of map transition. Where is that in FO3?! Please...
    War. War never changes.

Humma Kavulaaaaaaa A Smooth-Skin
    Total Downloaded
    Quote Originally Posted by LinkPain
    I don't get it. Why be neutral for a perk that doesn't even do much?
    FO3 Karma is virtually nonexistent. Nothing happens, quests are free far all no matter your Karma point.

In FO2 for instance if you had very bad Karma some folks shunned you so not all quests could be done, but most could. Apart from that you get bad traits for doing bad stuff, you can't even trade with some merchants. And if you kill children bounty hunter nail your ass every time, and it starts to hurt really bad when 5 guys with Power Armor want to crush you every 5 mins of map transition. Where is that in FO3?! Please...
    Or in New Vegas. Try this: kill everyone in Goodsprings, go to Sloan and do the same, then to Primm, pass Nevada Highway slaughtering everything you see and reach Mojave Outpost.

No you don't need to kill anymore, but after wipping out three towns and one NCR detachment, your karma will probably be Good or Saint.

I hate the karma system.

You boldly press the red button marked "OFF". As you suspected the computer goes dark.

Total Downloaded
    In my first game I helped the Powder gangers take over Goodsprings and stop the NCR invasion and I helped the Legion and crucified Benny and did things as evil as possible and my karma was still good.

Super Moderator Lived Through the Heat Death
    Total Downloaded
    Karma has only very, very minor influence in FNV anyway.

I should set a custom title Vault Senior Citizen

Total Downloaded
    I've honestly never noticed my karma influencing stuff in New Vegas. it's so utterly ancillary, they might as well have cut it.
    Let's suppose that you were able every night to dream any dream that you wanted to dream, and that you could, for example, have the power within one night to dream 75 years of dreams, or any length of time you wanted to have. And you would, naturally as you began on this adventure of dreams, you would fufill all your wishes. You would have every kind of pleasure you could concieve. And after several nights, of 75 years of total pleasure each, you would say "Well, that was pretty great. But now let's have a surprise. Let's have a dream which isn't under control. Where something is gonna happen to me that I don't know what it's gonna be." And you would dig that and come out of that and say "Wow, that was a close shave, wasn't it?". And then you would get more and more adventurous, and you would make further and further out gambles as to what you would dream. And finally, you would dream where you are now. You would dream the dream of living the life that you are actually living today.

I should set a custom title Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Total Downloaded
    The only effect of good karma that I know of is saying to Lanius that a true warrior wouldn't attack a man with 6 praetorian guards, which allows you to fight him alone, or something along those lines.

I should set a custom title First time out of the vault

Total Downloaded
    Chaotic Neutral.

The world is a hypocritical piece of shit and sometimes it only makes sense and works for you if you force it too. How I always thought of things in fallout.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast