ATOM RPG 1.0 is released!

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Proletären, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Proletären

Proletären Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 15, 2012

We just recieved an early christmas gift, the team behind kickstarted ATOM rpg just released version 1.0.

I'm not going to say much about it, it's better that you read the latest update and if you're interested just buy the game. It's very much affordable at 15$.

The future is bright:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 8
  2. Mr Fish

Mr Fish ...I Remember...

Sep 11, 2010
    That screenshot... Either it's a world travel screen or we get to play as a giant at some point.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. Risewild

Risewild Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014

Maybe the Russians already had drones with cameras in the 80's.

4. Proletären

Mar 15, 2012
    That's indeed the world travel screen. Pretty cool I think.

Game world looks like this:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Black Angel

Black Angel Grand Inquisitor of the Ordo Hereticus

Mar 21, 2016
    Either the devs forgot to include an in-game list of hotkeys and the ability to rebind them, or they're currently working on it atm, so to help those poor souls confused about hotkeys:

I found it via Steam Guide

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  6. Proletären

Mar 15, 2012

7. babadook

babadook Legislative Senator oTO Orderite

Apr 2, 2005
    Purchased! Looking forward to playing it over Christmas

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  8. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Unfortunate the videos still don't run well on my computer.
    I see the subtitles but the video doesn't run until it is at the last part and the same goes for the sound.

9. ironmask

ironmask Still Mildly Glowing

Mar 10, 2018
    This is very exciting! It feels like a good time to be a fallout fan even with fallout 76. We got a.t.o.m. rpg, another upcoming inspired fallout game called encased, last year we got two great total conversion mods like Fallout Nevada and Fallout 1.5 resurrection. And now and we are getting a new mod from the Nevada maker! Oh and we're also getting a new underrail expansion!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  10. JohnnyCasey

JohnnyCasey First time out of the vault

Dec 13, 2018
    To me, this game was a big disappointment. UI Control is just as bad as first two Fallout, combat AI is ridiculous, line of sight is broken due to restricted camera view, and bunch of other stuff. It really has nothing interesting features aside from everyone's favorite 'atmosphere'

11. Proletären

Mar 15, 2012
    The writing is really good! This is the first game in a very long time where I actually enjoy reading the dialog. Compare that to the recent PoE or the new Shadowrun games where you constantly feel the urge to just click through the dialog.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  12. Squadcar

Squadcar Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 1, 2018
    I'm glad to see it's finally released. I remember people talking about how little there was a year or two ago? Maybe longer? Glad to see it was still worked on. I'll have to grab it soon, kinda wish it was on GOG but if it's good, I'll get it on Steam anyway.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I think I read somewhere, the devs saying they want to release it on GOG, but GOG only accepts it once its fully released or something. So it could be coming to GOG quite soon.

14. Norzan

Norzan Vault Senior Citizen

Apr 7, 2017
    Ended up buying it and i'm enjoying it so far, specially the writing and characters. Haven't ran into much combat outside of some critters outside of the walls in the first town and someone i had to kill for a quest.

Then again, i'm around 3 hours in.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  15. Proletären

Mar 15, 2012
    ATOM mimics Fallouts antiquated combat system to a fault. Obviously, as a big fan of Fallout I have no problems with it and actually enjoy it quite much. It's more than serviceable I'd say. It scratches that nostalgic itch.

However I can't help the feeling that this would actually benefit a lot by having a combat system more like the one featured in Wasteland 2 (like the cover system and player controlled party).

16. mef

mef Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Dec 29, 2014
    does it feel as clunky and awkward as it looks?

17. Proletären

Mar 15, 2012
    the only issue is with the camera as you can't zoom out enough or give it enough tilt. but you get used to it

18. 0wing

0wing Все умрут, а я волномут

Mar 23, 2015
    @Black Angel You should absolutely play this. This is so Fallout 2 reversed. I.e. your experience won't be tarnished by pop culture references because you'd fail to recognize most of to be too upset about them.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  19. Squadcar

Squadcar Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Jun 1, 2018
    Huh, weird. GOG has some titles that are still "In development" as GOG calls it. Maybe those devs have a good reputation and GOG decides to trust them to finish the game?
    Thanks anyway.

20. Risewild

Modder Orderite

Jun 14, 2014
    I found some info from the Devs.
    This one is from 6 months ago:
    And this one is from the start of this month:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1