Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jul 5, 2014.

1. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    I don't think there are design documents for them, unlike EPA and Abbey.

2. Mirak

Mirak First time out of the vault

Jul 17, 2010
    No, I think that these ideas were scrapped pretty early in development (except maybe Area 51 - Lynette was supposed to be one of the scientists stationed there) and there's not much material to restore these locations from.

3. Flame486

Flame486 First time out of the vault

Nov 6, 2017
    I seem to be having some trouble with the Restoration Patch. I experience a small amount of lag whenever I'm in combat. I suspect the reason for that is because of Sulik's new character animations. Does anyone here know about how to uninstall the new character animations patch but also keep everything else intact?

4. Hubal

Hubal First time out of the vault

Sep 11, 2014
    Guys I just have added newest version of sfall 4.0.1 to my fallout 2 folder and finished Temple of Trials.
    Theres no Pip Boy and also I have started with jumpsuit already on. Also there is strange bug in combat that makes the part of the enemy turn instant. Can you help me solve this?

5. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    How did you update your sfall? Did you use any other mods? Looks like your ddraw.ini got modified.

6. Hubal

Sep 11, 2014
    You are correct as always NovaRain. Somehow ddraw.ini was the problem, I am 100% sure i have only copied ddraw.dll.
    Anyway replacing it with killap's original works fine. Buggy (laggy) combat still is pissing me off. Makes combat annoying.

I have recently installed Fallout Nevada CE 3.3 and I have the same combat issues, so its not Restoration Project's fault.
    I have Win 10 Pro , G4560, 8 GB RAM ,GTX 1060 6GB and Steam version of Fallout2.
    Maybe I should reinstall directX library?

7. Derthag

Derthag First time out of the vault

Nov 13, 2017
    Hello everyone.
    For some reason some weapons in RP make 0 damage (ex hunting rifle and 14mm pistol). Other weapons, like 10 mm and Deagle are fine. It works not only for me, but NPC affected too.
    Fallout 2 version 1C (RU) and RP mod 2.3.3
    Is it some kind of bug?
    Thank you.

8. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Do you install any ammo mod during RP installation? YAAM is checked by default.

9. Derthag

Nov 13, 2017
    I installed RP with default options. How i can check YAAM?

10. Hubal

Sep 11, 2014
    Open ddraw.ini file and find this:

;Choose the damage formula used to calculate combat damage.
    ;Don't set this to anything other than 0 unless another mod you're using explicitly tells you to!
    ;0 - Fallout default
    ;1 - Glovz's Damage Fix
    ;2 - Glovz's Damage Fix with Damage Multiplier tweak
    ;5 - Haenlomal's Yet Another Ammo Mod.
    DamageFormula=5

11. Derthag

Nov 13, 2017

There 5 in it.

12. Despara45

Despara45 First time out of the vault

Dec 11, 2016
    My sound turns off when anyone but me takes a turn in combat, and I get the windows loading logo spinning where the stopwatch indicating it's not your turn usually is. Fallout 2 will also claim it's not responding during this problem when I am in combat and it's not my turn even though I can see the battle occurring off my turn, but the window for FO2 is all white like it's about to crash. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this since I don't like missing out on most of the battle sounds. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me this is my first FO2 play through, and also the first time playing with the Fallout 2 Restoration project version 2.3.3.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  13. khai9999

khai9999 First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2016
    @Despara45
    What os you're using?

Try :
    1. Reinstall fallout 2 then reinstall Restoration project again (2nd time do the charm)
    2. If problem still persist, check graphic mode in f2_res_Config.exe, make sure it's directX 9
    3. If problem still persist (dammit), consider reinstall DirectX again

Sorry, I have no real solution about your problem. it's never happen to me and it's so rare to see problem like this actually. Hope you able to fix this and play without any error anymore.

14. candidosobrinho.sa

candidosobrinho.sa First time out of the vault

Nov 14, 2017
    Hey, how do I get in contact with sfall. I was wondering. Has he somehow recompiled the game client or has he hacked the game client? Thanks in advance!

15. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Neither. sfall is just a ddraw.dll with config files, using DLL injection to modify the game engine behaviors.

16. Derthag

Nov 13, 2017
    So anyone know whats the problem with YAAM? It's really annoying, when half of the weapons did 0 damage.

17. khai9999

Nov 16, 2016
    That's strange. With many play through I did using RP, All of my weapons never did 0 damage.
    Which drive did you install fallout 2? Make sure to install Fallout 2 other than Drive C so overwrite process during installation (RP,ECCO etc) is smooth.

18. Derthag

Nov 13, 2017
    Looks like i lost settings for some weapons. Currenly i got Fall2 on my C drive, but its a copy from my home PC to work PC.

19. khai9999

Nov 16, 2016
    I see, so that the cause.
    Well, the first rules about using any mods especially RP is make sure Fallout 2 is installed on other drive than C. Most people forget/don't know about this since they just ignore install instruction which is vital process to make mod like RP working smoothly.

Reminder: Remember to upgrade your sfall to latest version (4.0.1) as the code now has been optimized than last version on RP.

Enjoy your Fallout 2

20. candidosobrinho.sa

candidosobrinho.sa First time out of the vault

Nov 14, 2017
    I see. Thanks for replying.