Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Jul 5, 2014.

1. burn

burn Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    is that decompiled or original source?

2. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    NovaRain - That's great news, i'll help with bug reports if i can in the future. Also, a far better comment than the one from burn, not everyone has the talent to code and fix things.

3. Geppo

Geppo First time out of the vault

Jan 7, 2018
    I'm trying to defeat Frank Horrigan during the final battle, but i'm dealing "no damage". If i use the default AP mod, then the only weapon i can use against him is the Pulse Rifle, otherwise there's no way to deal damages (although the turrets and the Enclave soldiers can deal damages). So i tried to edit the ddraw.ini file and changed the value of DamageFormula to 0 (previously it was 1), and now the Gauu rifle is working...but both Mega Power Fist and the Sledgehammer (not the basic one of course, the updated version located in a locker before the final battle) are dealing "no damage" to him (same with barefist). I tried to edit my character with 250 and 300 skill points, assigned to both unarmed and melee weapons, but nothing changed. Thank you in advance for your help and sorry for bad english.

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Skill level only affects your ToHit chance, it doesn't have any help on damage.
    It's kinda weird that you can't even deal 1 point of damage with mega power fist to Frank Horrigan, unless you have Finesse trait and didn't score a critical hit. If that's case, your non-critical attacks can't do any damage to him because he has Normal DR 70%, adding 30% from Finesse makes him invulnerable to those attacks. But he only has Electric DR 20%, that's why you can hurt him with the pulse rifle, which deals electric damage.

5. burn

burn Look, Ma! Two Heads!
    Modder

Apr 22, 2012
    It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of just doing.

In regards to bug reports specifically, "doing" would mean
    1) going through the bug report wiki link in the first post, reproducing bugs and registering confirmed ones on github, each one separately. Then putting a notice on wiki that new bug reports should go github.
    2) going through this topic, checking for issues not reported to wiki, again reproducing and registering.

It would also be probably a good idea to have the repo organization-owned, rather than personal.

6. Baraz

Baraz First time out of the vault

Jul 27, 2016
    Hello wastelanders,

I use the option to control my companions in combat (mod included in the Restoration Project). Some are marked as Radiated : they complain about it and I see the Radiated markers when I control them (the status marker and the notice on the character window). Not all of them, but specific ones that did get too close to radiated waste.

1) Anyhow, PROBLEM is using RadAways does not seem to work on them and they cannot use it themselves (I also tried in combat while I control them).

2) I cannot see their radiation level goes down with time (I cannot use the Geiger counter on them and they cannot use it themselves),
    and so I can't really tell if it is going down with time.

3) When they have a lot of radiation, they do have stat penalties (the penalty seems gone, so I guess they do heal with time; I think).

- I keep reading that they are not supposed to be affected by radiation in all Fallout games, but I presume it is a side-effect of using the control-companions mod.

Anyone know ?

7. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    You should update your sfall. The one included in RP 2.3.3 is too old, and there are many issues with its older NPC combat control mod.

8. Baraz

Jul 27, 2016
    Which means you believe the Radiated marker on the companions is a side-effect of the NPC combat control mod or of RP 2.3.3? Yes/No.
    Not sure what is sfall. My current and first playthrough (100+ hours) is with RP 2.3.3 (seems to be the most recent for that mod).
    I presume I cannot replace RP 2.3.3 with another mod without breaking my current game.

9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    Yes, because the older version of mod included in sfall (ddraw.dll/ini) didn't properly reset/transfer proto data when switching controlled critters.

sfall is the critical component included in RP and other major mods/TCs. There should also be a sfall-readme.txt in your FO2 folder.
    http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fo2-engine-tweaks-sfall.178390/

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Baraz

Jul 27, 2016
    I am happy to report I was able to update to sfall 4.0.2 within Restoration Project 2.3.3 without breaking my previous saved games (!).

Info for others who may want to do this :
    • I first made sure the settings in the original file ddraw.ini (from RP 2.3.3) were added to new ddraw.ini (newer sfall). To be clearer, you edit only the new file from the more recent sfall. If you originally set something to 1, you make sure it is also set to 1 in the new sfall ddraw.ini. This just makes sure that your saved game won't spark needless conflicts at first.
    • For example, in the new ddraw.ini, make sure that under the [main] category, you add
      ; Ensure that the RP ddraw.ini file is being used
      ModifiedIni=42
    • The new sfall ddraw.ini has new options/settings though that you can freely choose (it should not cause conflicts as far as I know and have seen in my case).
    • After testing, I realized I had to remove the old companion control line from ddraw.ini. Why: the new companion control settings are in the file sfall-mods.ini
    • Copy the new sfall scripts in data/Scripts/
    • Copy the other new sfall files in your Fallout 2 folder (in Steam in my case). Overwriting the old ddraw.dll and ddraw.ini.
    • ( make back-ups of your old .dll and .ini in case it does not work )
    Random debug : the script glcrippl.int causes tons of error messages. Fix here

It worked fine for me.
    nb: for the best screen resolution, see the suggestion here.

For the moment, two of my companions remain radiated, presumably because that effect occurred before I updated to sfall new companion control script.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 at 8:10 AM
  11. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    There's no "old companion control script" in original RP 2.3.3 installation with sfall 3.3. What you deleted is the script for notifying player if any party member gets crippled.
    The NPC combat control mod is built-in in ddraw.dll for sfall 3.x. It only gets moved into a separate script since sfall 4.0.

EDIT: If you removed glcrippl.int because of error spamming in debug log, you should use the fixed one by phobos2077 instead.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 11:31 AM
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  12. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    I see, in this case i agree with you. ;)

13. spacebadger

spacebadger First time out of the vault

Monday
    So how exactly do you update to the newer sfall? I tried, but i got a warning saying I had messed with the restoration ddraw.ini. I Did try to move over settings from the old ini to the new ini

14. khai9999

khai9999 First time out of the vault

Nov 16, 2016
    Make sure your ddraw.ini has this setting:

[Main]

;Ensure that the RP ddraw.ini file is being used
    ModifiedIni=42
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  15. Baraz

Jul 27, 2016
    I will presume you attempted to follow all the steps I named above.

And what khai9999 said above (I'll add his point to my post).

What is the exact error message or behavior (of the client, Windows or failed load saved game).

The base is the new ddraw.ini and new ddraw.dll, but trying to keep the same choices from your old ddraw.ini so previous scripts/mods retain the settings. There are some exceptions, since the newer sfall has its own companion control mod for example (the new ddraw.ini does not need a companion control setting: explained in my previous post).

Of course, make sure the new sfall scripts are also in place.

It worked fine with the options I had chosen in RP 2.3.3, and with sfall 4.0.2. Your game or saved games could complain or crash if some settings in the new ddraw.ini are incompatible with older scripts/mods or if they (old mods) are lacking their previous settings (most settings can be tweaked freely after, once it all works). Typically some graphics settings cause client crashes.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 12:47 AM
  16. spacebadger

spacebadger First time out of the vault

Monday
    The warning i get mentions that I've replaced the ddraw.ini in big red letters in the middle of the screen in arroyo village. Could you post your ddraw.ini so I can work off that?

17. Matt Drax

Matt Drax Smart Ass

Sep 4, 2010
    How about READING what people wrote? Seriously, Two post above...
    Be sure that in your ddraw.ini somewhere under [Main] is the following:

Code:
    [Main]

;some other stuff and settings;

;Ensure that the RP ddraw.ini file is being used
    ModifiedIni=42
    ;XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Also one does not simply replace the old ddraw.ini with the newer one or else there WILL be errors.
    Simply edit the changes from the original RP ddraw.ini in the newer one.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 7:38 AM