Fallout Desert Duty

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by ArekBalcerzak, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ArekBalcerzak

ArekBalcerzak It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 30, 2008
    Hi, it's me again, do you still remember the chronicles of riddick mod? I changed the name, story is the same but i little modificated it, the work on the mod is going very well, over 300 scripts, many maps, dialogues, i want show you the huge gallery from the mod, it will be released in english and polish in the same time, this is not addon it's new world with new maps, npc's, quests, items. The story takes place after fallout 2, after destroying Enclave platform you want to live in New Reno but nothing is so good as it should be, the enclave is searching now for the new recrouits in the wasteland to regenerate their power, they need badiest people in the wasteland, they kidnap you from New Reno and now you must pass the trial, if you pass it you have got possibility to be enclaves rookie. The story takes place five years after that from fallout 2. Your first destination is to liberate yourself from Enclaves hands, by passing the trial. The choices in the game are very extended, you can be good or evil, dumb or smart, the dialogues will change by checking your skills and stats, the game is always diffrent if you play the mod with other character. I induced the loss items placement, so you can find so really cool items at the beginingo of the game if you have got good luck, the chance in % of finding the items will high grow if your luck is good. The game includes many new art, critters etc. The project is huge, i dont will tell when the game will be released, but it will be.

The gallery of the mod:

2. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I do indeed remember that mod.

Looks good and the plot sounds interesting. Keep at it. I look forward to playing this when it is released.

3. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Good that you changed the name. :) What I can see from the maps looks cool so far too. You really increased you skill. Also on this screen it seems like there is a building with two levels?

4. Tom9k

Tom9k Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 21, 2007
    Screen looks perfect, but I'm affraid that some of us won't be able to play this mod, cause we don't have Polish version of game :(

5. Continuum

Continuum Vault Fossil

Nov 8, 2006
    Fallout in Polish language is just... weird...

6. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Why? He wrote that there will be an english and polish version at the same time.

7. ArekBalcerzak

Mar 30, 2008
    I have got some screens for that people who unread my post ... so here are some screens from ENGLISH version:

8. The Guardian

The Guardian It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 17, 2008
    The English text needs to be polished. The dialogue reminds me of Neuromancer by William Gibson, good work. :clap:

9. ArekBalcerzak

Mar 30, 2008
    Here is a dialog with NPC and our character just for example:

10. Mr.Wolna

Mr.Wolna Vault Senior Citizen

Nov 15, 2007
    oh nice a golden eagle XD

11. Rajo

Rajo First time out of the vault

Feb 22, 2009
    The screenshots looks very fine.But it's true that some english texts need to be float a litlle bit :) But I understand how hard must be writting a voluminous articles in non-mother language.I keep my fingers crossed to succesful finish.

12. Tom9k

Tom9k Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Dec 21, 2007
    Ouch.., I've watched only screenshots. I did not read the text. My bad

13. ArekBalcerzak

Mar 30, 2008
    What do you think about the mod? Any sugestions? The loss items placement system i implement is working very well, this system is addicted to our outdoorsman skill and luck. So i created few scripts of item boxes, "good stuff" "normal stuff" "junk" etc. The chance of finding items is expresed in %, so for example if your luck is bellow 4 chance to finding any weapon is about 5 % in a "normal stuff" box, it depends on what box it is. You can improve a little bit chance of finding items by improving outdoorsman skill.

14. Grayswandir

Grayswandir Mildly Dipped

May 9, 2008
    Like the others, i am impressed by the diversity in your maps! (and by the numbers of scripts also)
    congratulation!

How does this work exactly? Does that mean that if you are lucky, you cacn find a combat armor or a shotgun at the beginning of the game?

Keep up the good work!

15. ArekBalcerzak

Mar 30, 2008
    No it's not working like that, it means if you are lucky your chance to find some stuff is bigger, but at the begining of the game there are often "normal stuff" or "junk" boxes, so the best you can find are leather armor, metal armor, or leather jacket. I created more updated weapons, so you can update your 10mm pistol, 10 mm smg, 5mm pistol and others, here are some graphics:

And i've got important information for people who want to help, i need any type of help, like mapping, dialogue writing, graphics creating. If you are intressted PM me.

The project is on serious stage of creation, till now i created my project by myself, but now i've got a translator to english Kuj2 and Cubik helps me alot with bugs in scripting, proto editing etc.

16. Jesterka

Jesterka Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 16, 2006
    Hey, Arek, you've got truly a great feeling for building maps. I'm not playing demos/mods regularly and basically never played anything yours, but as compared with eg. MR demo, Chris Parks' and old Lichs' projects, those screens are like from the alien universe. :ok:

If you quit your own plans someday, I'd be glad to invite you in my BGE team for mapping. :lalala:

Do hope that some poor soul will make a decent related newspost on MadBrahmin (*winking at Tom9k*).

EDIT ... If you are clever at adding new FRMs, I'd recommend you to enrich your maps by BGE Graphic Pack, which's a lil' old, but still the best. :P

17. Dude101

Dude101 Vault Fossil
    Modder

Aug 3, 2005
  18. Beelzebud

Beelzebud A Smooth-Skin

Mar 6, 2008
    Very nice looking work. Keep at it!

19. TJ07

TJ07 First time out of the vault

Apr 25, 2006
    Hahaa, looks really cool and I love the story. Hope I'll be around when it finishes :wink:

20. ArekBalcerzak

Mar 30, 2008
    I want to show you my world map here it is! The awesome TOWNS AND CITIES! FALLOUT BURNING INSIDE! That's what, the mod is in beta progress so prepare for NEW FALLOUT :D I Painted world map for fans here it is

Uploaded with ImageShack.us