Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Sduibek, Dec 15, 2010.
Looking forward to an eventual update! Been a while, fingers crossed.
Cool I found a thread about Fixt as I had some questions about the time limits that I figured out myself but then leads to more questions. Sorry if this is already covered just point me in that direction. Tell me what page its on as I cant read the whole thread.
When you first install Fixt you have to pick the custom option in order to change time limits. This was my first mistake as I picked the full option.
I read in one of the read me files that you can go back to the computer terminal for the door to Vault 13 and change some options so as not to have to restart the game but it doesnt work for me.
So I saved my game saves and reinstalled Fixt and I dont think it works unless I start a new game with a new character? Bummer as I was almost done doing a Brotherhood run with my character, got the Alien Blaster, met the fortune teller and Patrick The Celt, which eats up a lot of time at the beginning. Now I need a couple surgeries and will only have about 79 days left to complete the water quest. Is this enough for a first time player? The character FAQ I found led me down this path.
Another read me says to rename a file and your old saves will work but doesnt say what to rename it.
I wonder can I save my character now with all his inventory into a new game?
<EDIT> I found the Falche character editor... It does nothing when I point it to my Fallout fixt saved games. It simply will not import any of them for me to even begin. Im assuming this was the answer to my question but it doesnt work for me.
<EDIT> I found a straightforward guide for the water chip quest, and also an even quicker water chip quest guide just in case. So my 79 days should be plenty for my current character. Another option is to pay the water merchants Downtown 2000 caps and get an extra 100 days. This would be ideal as then I could take my time and enjoy the game without a guide. Sorry for the long post.
The water chip is just half the story...the time limit isn't a big deal unless you run around and grind for experience.
OK I completed my Brotherhood run, gambled for money, got a couple surgeries, met Patrick The Celt, The Fortune Teller, and found the Alien Blaster, all before level 2!
I thought The Fortune Teller was suppose to give me 2 points of Luck if I chose the right dialog options? I couldnt get it to work so only got the one point. Mustve been patched?
Oh well anyway, then I backed up this game save so I can just start a new game from here from now on if I want.
Then I went straight to the source of the water chip and fixed the ghouls water pump and got the water chip for Vault 13. Plenty of time. Now I can continue the game without time restrictions and with a fantastic starting character.
Sduibek.. Where are you, man?
Maybe the only annoying bug I've had using Fallout Fixt, the Delta experiments log doesn't display correctly (15 pages of error is all that can be seen):
For reference, here is the correct text:
The Military has deemed it necessary for us to research further in depth the effects of wave technology upon living organisms. We have taken light and sound as the basis of our studies. By manipulating the amplitude of the light waves and magnifying the frequency, we have been able to get lasers which will cut through a few feet of steel. Unfortunately, the power to do such a task has not been fully developed. We have other scientists looking into this.
Where are you, Sduibek, man? D:
You've been silent for a while.
Even his profile says "Sduibek was last seen: Nov 29, 2016"
hi i play this mod with combatcontrol enabled from sfall (so i can control other party members), by the read me from updated sfall from crafty i know that perks and traits are fixed and not transferable from choosen one to other members, but how about tagged skills? is it transferable or not?
as far as i can remember crafty made sure they are totally separate creatures. You might get tag on the same skills but it shouldn't bloster those skills (at least not too much) they are still very crappy when it comes to handling weapons without additional moding to their skills.
Hi, I've been trying to get this working in Dosbox but everytime I start a new game I get the gameover video of the mutants invading vault 13 and then it kicks me back out to the main menu.
Anyone have any ideas what's going on?
I don't think the edits and sfall are even compatible with the DOS Executable. Use the Win version!
Well it's to play on an android tablet which is why I wanted to use dosbox, I had read that it was possible but that must have been for an older version.
I managed to get it working by running win95 with dosbox.
Speaking of compatibility with other versions, do you think you could release an unpacked copy (no exe compression) of your mod for use with the old Omni Group PPC Mac build of the game. I've tried various tools and none of them can open your exe files.
I wonder if it would be possible to restore the canon "True Good ending" for the Followers in Fallout 1, or anything else... we have the audio.
Question for the people using this (or @Sduibek if he is still around) I just saw on da Dex that if you tag energy weapons/big guns, you will start with one of those. Is this correct? I assumed that that fixes only install only would install intentional fixes to the game and not altering the content.
- There is several containers in the Lost Hills bunker that says error when you click on them, especially on the 2nd floor. They are locked as lockpicking them allow to open them, but it says error instead of locked. There are several other errors at other locations too. I think there are some on the Deathclaw cave. (the one that can be reached from the Hub)
- If i get help from the brotherhood to storm Mariposa. Three paladins help me outside the building, but only two of them are still with me when inside. (The one with the Laser Gatling is missing, even if he was close to me when i entered.)
- Wasn't able to get Vree autopsy and help from the brotherhood to swarm the Cathedral this time, but i will try again a bit later. Maybe i missed something.
- The Pip-boy entry about the power armor has no title. You click on a blank space to display its content.
About mutants invasion :
- The whole downtown of Boneyard is spared with the npc ignoring the treat, while all the neighbouring areas are full of super-mutants and dead bodies.
- There is also a lone guy at the hub entrance. He is still alive and his dialogs is totally the same as before. The super-mutants ignore him too.
- Same at Shady Sands. Razlo is still alive and him and the mutants ignore each other.
- Some dead body sprites seem standing, but they are dead.
- Seems that there is a dead body for everyone. Was there someone left to dip in the vats ? Some dead bodies should be missing.
- The super-mutants of Adytum mention their leader. I think it is Ulthern. That guy is nowhere to be found. (on the other hand, Orfeo, the leader of a group of Children of the Cathedral, is found)
- The super-mutants totally ignore your purple robe. They don't attack you at Boneyard and attack you on sight everywhere else, no matter what you wear.
- Most of the super-mutants invaders outside Boneyard have no weapon and fall easily.
- There are some super-mutants invaders on top of the already existing crew at Watershed, which prevent you from interacting with Harry's crew or the peacefull children of the Cathedral stationed there.
- The dates seems to be different than expected. Played with X2 setting and each invasion seems to happen one or two months later than they are supposed to.
Not sure it about the bug part, but the choice about keep playing or not comes are the worst possible moment imo. You were just talking with the overseer and are still in the cave, digesting what he just said, and there is that fourth wall question right there lessening the impact of the game last conversation. Plus, i think it conflict with the ending in which you kill the overseer. I have bloody mess, my character is holstering his weapon to grab a 10 mm pistol (i haven't one in my inventory), and then the choice to keep playing after the credit appear when i was probably supposed to kill the overseer. Which is kind of a bug imo.
Better have that choice out of the game. During the installation or On the game setting or After the credits, or at worst just make the game continue after the credits anyway. Better having to manually quit the game after i have seen the credit, that having that question right in the middle of the game last scene, breaking the momentum.