Fallout Tactics with hamachi

Discussion in 'Fallout Tactics Help & Tech' started by lars, Mar 16, 2006.

1. lars

lars First time out of the vault

Mar 16, 2006
    EDIT: this is the catch-all hamachi thread. Advertise or ask for people to play Tactics with via Hamachi in this thread.

Hello, I´m new here and I just wanted to present you an attractive alternative to gsa. You can find it on www.hamachi.cc It´s a program to emulate a LAN over internet. With this way you just got to go into your FoT, wait for a server or just create one yourself.
    I made a room for FoT playing.
    So download the tool and join this:

room name: Fallout Tactics Gamer ONLY
    password: fot

or

Fot Server Germany
    pw: fot

Well, that´s all for the first, so I´ll hope you try this method.

2. alec

alec Stuck In The Middle With You Orderite

May 21, 2003
    OMG! I am so downloading this right now! I just can't wait to play FOT again! Online!

:seriouslyno:

3. Roshambo

Roshambo Antediluvian as Feck

Apr 3, 2003
    Well, from what I know of the software, this might be the only way to get it working again right online, as GSA aka Gone to Shit Application, has really gone to Shit Hell. IIRC, Hamachi also lets you set up simulated ports and addys as well so you can bypass hard-coded master/host servers for some games.

4. mortiz

mortiz Still Mildly Glowing

Aug 21, 2005
    Is the Multiplayer component in Tactics better than the singleplayer? The singleplayer bored me so much I stopped playing after the first mission.

5. alec

alec Stuck In The Middle With You Orderite

May 21, 2003
    Alas, my dear friend: the multiplayer component is even worse.

6. Ghost_loy

Ghost_loy First time out of the vault

Apr 26, 2005
    How The F*ck do i use this thing??

7. Kan-Kerai

Kan-Kerai Still Mildly Glowing

Sep 16, 2005
    Don't bother.

8. Bullseye

Bullseye First time out of the vault

Jun 1, 2006
    if you're talking about Hamachi, you need to make connection first otherwise you won't be able to join a game. You must also have the right server.

If you're talking about something else the only thing i got to say is: I totally agree with Kan-Kerai here

9. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    Moved to Tech&Gameplay

10. Jarf

Jarf First time out of the vault

Sep 3, 2006
    Hamachi is very simple to use and very smooth.

Myself and 3 of my friends often play FOT games online, if any of you wish for a tutorial on how to set it up then I'll be glad to create one.

11. requiem_for_a_starfury

requiem_for_a_starfury So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 3, 2003
    Initative would be nice, certainly posting a tutorial without being asked would of been preferable in the first place.

12. Jarf

Sep 3, 2006
    Ok Mr. Sassy-pants.

I'll go piece one together.

13. Jarf

Sep 3, 2006
    Ok here we go.

Firstly go and install Hamachi then run it and close it so you get the "Hamachi" connection in your Network Connections.

Go to your network connections.

Right click Local Area Connection and click properties. Scroll down to anything with "IPX" in the title, select, tick and click properties. (Don't worry if you don't see this, just go to the bottom of this post and there's another guide down there.)

Set as below:
    Internal network number: 00000000 (Don't worry about the number of zeros because it will limit you anyway so just max it out).
    Frame type: Auto Detect

Now go to your Hamachin connection, right click, properties. Scroll down to anything with "IPX" and select, tick, properties. (Once again if it isn't there scroll to the bottom of this post.)

This one is going to be a little different.
    Set as below:
    Internal network number: 00000000 (Once again just max out the zeros).
    Frame type: Ethernet 802.2
    Network number (this is VERY important): 00000001 (Just max it out with zeros then backspace and add a 1 to the end)

If you don't have anything with "IPX" in the title simply click "Install..." in either connection's properties. Select "Protocol" and then "Add..." then find an item with "IPX" in the title (Normally NWLink IPX yadda yadda yad...).

And there you go, make sure you and your fellow players and logged onto Hamachi on the same server hosted by one of the players then open up FOT and create a game. Others should be able to see and join the game.

14. requiem_for_a_starfury

requiem_for_a_starfury So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Apr 3, 2003
  15. Ovisss

Ovisss First time out of the vault

Jul 1, 2007
    If some1 knows some people that plays whit hamachi pls write names or msn emails i want to play too just need people to play whit :mrgreen:
    or join my hamachi
    network Fallout rules
    pass out

16. c-CON

c-CON First time out of the vault

Jul 8, 2007
    fallout tactics hamachi network

Hi im looking for a hamachi network that has many fallout tactics players on it. Please post the server name and password if you know of one. Thanks!

17. DirtyDreamDesigner

DirtyDreamDesigner Venerable Relic of the Wastes

Apr 15, 2005
    1. Wrong place to post this.

2. Do a search.

18. xdarkyrex

xdarkyrex Vault Senior Citizen

Aug 28, 2006
    Before this gets vatted, I really must know what a hamachi is.

anyone enlighten me?

19. Sander

Sander This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Jul 5, 2003
  20. xdarkyrex

xdarkyrex Vault Senior Citizen

Aug 28, 2006
    Oh wow, i guess i shoulda just googled it.

I was kinda hoping that the OP was insane and a hamachi wasn't a real thing.