Fargo to retire after Wasteland 3

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by TorontRayne, Mar 24, 2017.

1. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...fargo-plans-to-retire-after-wasteland-3-ships

Brian Fargo recently announced his plans to retire after Wasteland 3 is shipped in 2019. This may come as a shock to some but he has been in the industry since 1981, so I am sure he wants to do something else. He has yet to say who exactly will take over in his stead.

2. ArkBird

ArkBird FO3 Fanboy

Mar 3, 2016
    It's a shame he never got another chance at making another Fallout game.

3. naossano

naossano Vault Fossil

Oct 19, 2006
    I wonder if there are other reasons. It would have made more sense for him to leave after the fall of Interplay. There must have been a lot more pressure then.

4. Knight In Leather Armor

Knight In Leather Armor HATE CHILDREN

Feb 6, 2016
    It's understandable. He deserves to retire after giving us the Wasteland series.
    I still can't wait for Wasteland 3. If Brian leaves it might be the end of Wasteland, so I'm hoping Wasteland 3 gives us the ending we need.

5. Millim

Millim What the fuck is this for a shit?!

Oct 13, 2010
    Last boss is Fargo confirmed.

• [Like] [Like] x 6
  6. Sn1p3r187

Sn1p3r187 Carolinian Shaolin Monk

Apr 7, 2014
    I don't mind that he wants to. It'd feel satisfying to get one more great amazing game from him. So it's understandable to me. I just hope who ever takes over after him knows what to do.

7. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Misanthropic God of Rations Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    They won't. He didn't. He thought it best to get a team that was spread all over the world.