Fallout 2 mod FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Dude101, Jul 30, 2007.

1. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    1. If you mean when taking control over party members, it's been changed. Now player's traits and perks (except Gecko Skinning) don't get transferred to controlled critters.
    2. The levelling requirements of party members are in party.txt. Taking Sulik for the example:
    That means he only starts to have a chance of levelling up when the player reaches lv 6, and the roll (random element) for his levelling will also occur at lv 9, 12, 15, etc. The option in ddraw.ini removes the roll, so he'll always level up when the player reaches lv 6, 9, 12, etc.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  2. F2Fan

F2Fan First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2018
    I see, thanks novarain.

So, what if I don't take sulik until I'm for example level 15 and then I take sulik, what happens then? will he suddenly get to his 6th level when I get to level 18? or will he only level up every 3 levels after I take him regardless of my own level?

And about the question 1 what about the tags? do they still get applied? cause I was watching the nerd commando tutorials on youtube and he says that they do, but I don't know what version that was and if its still the case. I don't have problem with that I just want to know. thanks.

3. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    This one. The levelling of party members only happens at the same time when you level up.

No, tag skills don't get transferred.

4. F2Fan

F2Fan First time out of the vault

Dec 2, 2018
    Ok. Thanks again.

5. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.1.3 and 3.8.13 are released on SourceForge, along with their respective modders packs.

6. Cyrus

Cyrus First time out of the vault

Nov 5, 2015
    Code:
    >New hook script: hs_subcombatdmg
    What does this do?

7. Mr.Stalin

Mr.Stalin Agent of Enclave Modder

Oct 29, 2015
    Replaces f2 damage code formula

8. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.1.4 and 3.8.14 are released on SourceForge, along with their respective modders packs.
    Just a note: I plan to stop maintaining 3.8.x some time later this year.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  9. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    Thanks for a new version NovaRain/Mr. Stalin but i couldnt help but notice there is no mention anymore of those engine bugs reported in killap's wikia for Fallout 2, are all of those fixed or the focus is on different things now?

10. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.1.4.1 and 3.8.14.1 are released on SourceForge. They are hotfix releases for the previous version because the issue was rather severe.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  11. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    Old versions with critical bug need to be removed from the network to prevent distribution.

12. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    OK, I've removed some old versions that got hotfixed soon after their release from SourceForge: 3.8, 3.8.3, 4.0/3.8.5, 4.0.5, and 4.1.4/3.8.14.

13. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    Something I don't remember in these versions of critical bugs.

14. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    3.8 - broken quick save key (F6).
    3.8.3 - crash when calling destroy_object or destroy_mult_objs.
    4.0/3.8.5 - crash when trying to control a temporary party member that has no data in party.txt (e.g. Smoke the dog in Arroyo).
    4.0.5 - crash when calling various hooks.

15. Mr.Stalin

Oct 29, 2015
    This is not a critical bugs that affects the gameplay.

16. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Supreme Jerk in Fallout FIXT

Oct 28, 2009
    @Mr.Stalin
    Oh the 4.0.5 is a gameplay bug i remembet this one quite good since simply entering the temple of trials and hovering over the first ant, gave memory can't be read error and a crash to desktop.. looks like a bug that affects the gameplay to Me.

@NovaRain
    Thanks for the fix to critters not using weapons when using armor mod from modders pack. I was begining to think that my RP and EcCo installation is screwed up..

17. Lexx

Lexx Background Radiant

Apr 24, 2005
    Oh boy, so that's why my companion is crashing the game. And I thought I fucked up shit somewhere else.

18. NovaRain

Mar 10, 2007
    sfall 4.1.5 and 3.8.15 are released on SourceForge, along with their respective modders packs.