General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    Persona 5 is easily becoming one of my favorite games of all time.

2. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Meet my first few cheaters in Day of infamy. I managed to go quite some time without seeing a single one.. Ohh well!

Also Stalker call of Charnobyl might be off my list as i finaly got all the mods to work! But the engine crashes quite often due to the graphic mod. Can't be arsed to reinstall everything again.

Only got the last difficuilty of 21 left in RE7 but it has way to much RNG for me. And then most of Jack's 55th birthday wich i might finish tomorrow.

Seems like there is less and less games that works/interesst me now a days. More nuisance than joy atm.

3. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    I finally got me Crysis (also Warhead and Crysis 2). Only played the demo before, but I just finished it and I gotta say, it's a damn good shooter. The AI is a bit annoying at times (like, they're fucking psychic, seriously. They're like Patrick Stewart in that one sketch where he sees everything because THEY SEE EVERYTHING), but all in all it's just really good. It's quick and fluid and doesn't get boring. And holy shit it still looks amazing ten years later. You know what came out a year later? Fallout 3. Take a note, Bethesda, games don't have to age horribly.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  4. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Crysis was pretty awesome, yeah. I remember at the time I felt that the ending was weird and somewhat abrupt, but in retrospect the game had solid pacing. Nice way to do a shooter.
    Never played sequels tho, heard they are more of a CoD sort of thing being linear and all.

5. woo1108

woo1108 Vault Senior Citizen

Sep 27, 2012
    Zork!
    2017-04-16 10;31;01.PNG
    2017-04-21 19;23;40.PNG

6. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I am becoming more Persona5 than human....

7. Ediros

Ediros Mildly Dipped

Feb 4, 2016
    Me too... And right before the exams...

8. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    I am on vacations from work so I don't have to worry about that kinda stuff until the 3rd.

9. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Currently playing Escape Dead Island.
    It is sort of like Resident Evil but with cell shaded graphics and less interesting enemies (quit frankly I am sick of zombies but I really wanted to play something I don't know)

This game got a lot of flak during its release, it honestly is not a master piece as I have encountered a number of bugs and the gameplay could also use some expanding but it is not as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It is just not like Dead Island and the expansion which I don't mind as I wasn't really interested in playing those anyway.

I rather agree with the sentiment of a reviewer who mentioned that there should be a market for titles like Escape Dead Island, games that don't really do anything new but rather play an established genre or type of gameplay well.
    These shouldn't be full price/near full price games (which was Escape Dead Island's mistake) but rather be budget titles around the price of 20/25 Euros.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  10. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Just beat Persona 5 today on hard. Loved it, lived it, it took over my last week of vacations and it was amazing.

Only Maxed out 10 Coops because I suck, but that's what NG+ is for, altho now that my Vacations are over I'll have to only play it on weekends like a normie. Oh well.

Now I am playing SMT4 Apocalypse too, I am not done with the SMT series just yet. I need help.

11. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    Persona 5.
    Not really my thing as I am not into the Megami Tensei franchise but from what I read on Wikipedia it sounds interesting plot wise.

12. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    How people get their Personas in all the games:

Persona 1: You play a child's game and a guy in a mask gives them to you.
    Persona 2: You play the same game but it's because it has been powered up by rumor magic.
    Persona 3: You kinda just have it in the Dark Hour.
    Persona 4: Accept every aspect of yourself after others have seen it.
    Persona 5: Awaken the spirit of Rebellion inside you to oppose corruption and embrace your anger to bring your goals to fruition.

13. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    Right now I'm alternating between Crysis 2 and Life Is Strange, because why the hell not.

14. I eat supermutants

I eat supermutants Updated My Journal

Nov 30, 2013
    Giving Planescape: Torment another go through. Second play. Love being a new player and having good "holy shit" moments.
    Besides that missus and I are gonna be spending evening together playing Mario Kart 8 for the switch. Need some pro controllers. Fuck those tiny little hand cramps called controllers.

15. Juza The Cloud

Juza The Cloud Nanto Goshasei

Jun 3, 2015
    Currently playing Metro 2033 redux. Just got to Polis.

16. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010

Atlus Secret Boss/10

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  17. Hassknecht

Aug 16, 2010
    After hearing so much about it, I decided to try the Misery 2.0 mod for Stalker: Call of Pripyat. Walked five meters and then got instagibbed by a bunch of snorks. I then decided to not try it any further.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    • [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    I didn't find misery so hard. The problem i had was that i was forced to get x before i could do b. Less freedom and more minor crap to keep track of.

19. Ediros

Ediros Mildly Dipped

Feb 4, 2016
    Finished Persona 5. It was amazing and left me all warm and fuzzy. I felt like crying at the end, so good.

I will play it once again one day, but I feel spent for now. Haven't felt so good after playing a game in ages. Totally worth it.

I won't start another for a while it seems.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. MercenarySnake

MercenarySnake Kept you waiting huh?

Aug 22, 2015
    On my second run of Planescape: Torment, game is amazing and it's not just good because "it has a lot of words". Combat is shit and pretty much just comes down to beating down enemies and trying not to get swarmed even though the combat doesn't have a big role in it like the story does. Like being able to explore the world and encounter people that you don't know but remember you due to one of your past incarnations. Easily one of my favorite games. Not going to spoil anything but just give my opinion on how I feel about it.