General Gaming Megathread: What are you playing?

Discussion in 'General Gaming and Hardware Forum' started by The Commissar, Mar 30, 2007.

1. YeeCop

YeeCop If It's Hostile, You Kill It

Jan 26, 2017
    I've been playing Fallout 3, with a lot of mods. When you got a well done steak, you gotta add some A1 steak sauce.
    Recently, I've started Batman: Arkham City as well. I'm loving it.

2. Atomkilla

Atomkilla Hazel Hegemon oTO Orderite

Dec 26, 2010
    Implying Fallout 3 is an edible steak, let alone a well done one.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. Walpknut

Walpknut Testament to the ghoul lifespan

Dec 30, 2010
    Why is it that most people who don't like turn based combat aren't content with simply accepting it's not for them and moving on and instead wish for the very existence of Turn based on any series to be banished from reality?

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    There have been times in the past Walpknut that I wondered if people who did not like Fallout 1 and 2 because the games were isometric and had turned based combat that they were left out from enjoying something that other people did.
    And that those games would only come to their proper right when the people who could not stand these in their original form could finally play them.

Kind of the same with Star Trek, many people considered Star Trek 2009 "Finally a good Star Trek", but apparently could never give a rat's ass about the television series or the movies that came before it, disliking it because the characters in general tried to resolve issues through diplomacy or science and there weren't enough battles like in Star Wars.

Do these people honestly feel denied?

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  5. Danuis

Danuis It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 6, 2016
    I've gotten my hands on Invisible, INC and Children Of A Dead Earth. Both good games that appeal to my picky nature. Invisible, INC is also a turn-based, Isometric game, so there's that.

6. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Grouchy old man of NMA Moderator

Jan 11, 2004
    I have been playing Extermination on the PS2.
    It is an okay Resident Evil clone in general, only having a few issues such as the character mouth/voice synchronization. (like RE the plot is a bit ridiculous and predicable here)
    But I really wish the designers had used the secondary analogue stick for camera control. I have to fight some beast which only weak spot is its back, it doesn't matter if you run around it and yet still can not shoot it because it takes time for the camera to turn automatically.

I sadly can't play Wolfenstein BOA chapter 2. It is weird that a game using a modified Doom engine can still cause for slowdowns on relative modern computers.