Leaked information from Fallout: New Vegas game guide

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by Sam Ecorners, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Sam Ecorners

Sam Ecorners Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Apparently, Best Buy employees are allowed to purchase game guides early, which is what one of them did. Now he's posting various information from it on gamespot/gamefaqs boards<blockquote>Here are some totals from the appendicies (did I spell that right?):

42 hollowed out rocks (kind of like the one that was near Megaton that held the sniper rifle)

51 Skill books (less skill books but they add +3 to skills or +4 with Comprehension perk)

213 Skill magazines (these will add +10 to skills but only last a small amount of time, can be longer with Retention perk and get +15 with Comprehension Perk)

42 different Unique Weapons (some only available WITH Wild Wasteland, others only available WITHOUT Wild Wasteland

For the Beastiary there are Bighorners (6 subspecies), Bloatflies are back, Brahmin (4 subspecies), Cazadors (look like giant mosquitos, 3 subspecies), 3 different Centaurs this time around, Coyotes (3 kinds), 8 types of Deathclaws, 8 types of dogs, 10 types of Geckos, 10 types of Ghouls, 3 types of Giant Ants, 3 types of giant Mantises, 4 types of Giant Rats, 2 kinds of Lakelurks, 2 types in Molerats, 4 kinds of Nightstalkers (weird cat looking things, supposedly poisonous), Radroach, 6 types of Radscorpions, 5 types of Sporeplants (no picture available), and 6 kinds of Super Mutants.

[..]

As for followers, it is true you can have one humanoid and non-humanoid follower at a time. BUT, if you get to a certain reputation with the NCR you are able to call in for a Ranger or Trooper to assist bringing the total to 3 and if you pay for a bodyguard in Freeside it will bring it up to 4, but that's only while you are in Freeside. Also, when playing on Normal difficulty (non hardcore) your companions do not die, they fall unconscious. Only in Hardcore mode do they die. Companions also cannot use modified weapons but CAN use different ammo types.

10 TRAITS TOTAL (can elaborate later if asked about specific one): Built to Destroy, Fast Shot, Four Eyes, Good Natured, Heavy Handed, Kamikaze, Loose Cannon, Small Frame, Trigger Discipline, and of course, Wild Wasteland.

86 total perks are in there. Most are shared from FO3 some are new. Can't write them down now cuz I see a customer walking towards me now.</blockquote><center></center>
    <center> </center>

2. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Obsidian, noting that companions could easily get killed, makes things easier for people who don't like it when their bestest buddy bites the big one.

Good news for people who like hardcore mode.

3. frosty_theaussie

frosty_theaussie Still Mildly Glowing

More like Danny Trejo threatened them with "you kill my character, I kill you".

"Sure Mr. Trejo, h-here... no, er, you don't want to play in "hardcore mode".

4. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

5. Texas Renegade

Texas Renegade Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Deathclaw Baby, Young Deathclaw, Blind Deathclaw, Deathclaw, Deathclaw Alpha, Deathclaw Alpha Male (this one they do have a picture of, big ****ing satan horns, awesome), Deathclaw Mother and Legendary Deathclaw.

6. Faceless Stranger

Faceless Stranger Board Drifter

7. Texas Renegade

Texas Renegade Look, Ma! Two Heads!

no that is a direct copy from what he posted in the thread, I haven't seen it.

8. cogar66

cogar66 Still Mildly Glowing

Holy shit, TONS of good news.

"I'm not sure how this will be formatted since I'm using Gamespot but I'll give it a go.Hopefully this makes sense. INT # is what your Intelligence is at in SPECIAL, then= to how many points you get for skills each level. INT 1=10.5 INT 2=11 INT 3=11.5 INT 4=12 INT 5=12.5 INT 6=13 INT 7=13.5 INT 8=14 INT 9=14.5 INT 10=15"

9. verevoof

verevoof Ganymedean slime mold Moderator Orderite

From my experience, player's guides are never 100% correct. But it sure sounds cool.

10. generalissimofurioso

generalissimofurioso The Hole Time Orderite

Nothing that ever comes with a video game is 100% correct.

11. KING SHIT

KING SHIT It Wandered In From the Wastes

Shit, I don't want to meet a legendary deathclaw. Can't believe there's 8 types.

12. Deimos

Deimos First time out of the vault

Cats paw on first photo.
    This is person that pushed Incognito out from shop? :)

Map is good. Cliffs are borders, not "You can't go there" message.

13. VRaptor117

VRaptor117 It Wandered In From the Wastes

This is information I like, just stats not spoilers. Has anyone been to the thread on gamespot and noticed many story spoilers or is it just general information?

That said, damn, 10 geckos!? Sweet!

Also, Hardcore just got a lot more interesting since companions can die. I was just going to use one or two of them exclusively, but now I can hang out with all of them and if they die, f*ck it.

14. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

There are no story spoilers, which is good. Still, if you don't want to know what enemies you can meet, what locations, etc. I wouldn't look up the thread. It's also the first time that I am not sure if I should read everything that gets leaked out.... especially because the game comes in a few days anyway.

15. VRaptor117

VRaptor117 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Thanks, Lexx. I think what's in the news post will slake my thirst for information for now.

Although, if he posts the types of geckos....

16. KING SHIT

KING SHIT It Wandered In From the Wastes

It'll be a hard game to spoil. They have to spoil the main quest 4 times, and then the 70 sidequests. Quite a task for a troll to accomplish, but possible.

17. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Carbon Dated and Proud

I hope I am wrong, I hope I am really wrong, but while checking one of those maps I noticed a once proud name turned into a joke: Enclave.

Please let this be an misunderstanding on my side.

18. Lexx

Lexx Lived Through the Heat Death

What do you mean? I can hardly read anything on these maps.

19. John B.

John B. Look, Ma! Two Heads!

You know from my personnel experience leaks are a blessing and a curse, in cases like this they can get you hyped for the release, but in cases like the Go-mod 4 leak they can ruin a game completely.

20. The Dutch Ghost

The Dutch Ghost Carbon Dated and Proud