Mechamancer - Fallout-Based Comic

Discussion in 'Fan Art/Fan Fiction' started by WriterX, Aug 12, 2017.

1. WriterX

WriterX First time out of the vault

Aug 12, 2017
    Hey all,

I was looking for a place where I would be able to promote a project I have been working on since around January, a comic named "Mechamancer".

What is the comic about? Two things actually. The original idea for it came to me when I played a bit too much Fallout 4 Automaton DLC and thought, "Building these robots is a bit like building Undead in a Fantasy setting.". So, at first I wanted to create a comic that was solely about the "Awesome Power of Robotics". But, over time rather than making that the sole topic of the game I wanted to tackle a much more important topic, that of choice.

The idea was also based on Fallout games, where your choices greatly influenced the world around the player. Who you chose to help, how. A lot of Video Games are also about choice, and those "Good" or "Evil" points. Meanwhile the main character is also troubled. He has a plan, an idea in his head but does he know what to do? What is the "right" thing to do?

I do not want to give off too much of the plot, but there are two reasons I am writing this topic here:

1) The Comic is almost finished (we are missing just the cover page).

2) I will be handing it out for free.

Once the comic is finished I will compile it into a handy PDF for download from my site (and maybe other sites, I will see how that goes).

For now the comic is meant to be released near the end of August, and sent to a competition before that (Ghost City Comics), but not to leave you guys hanging with nothing, here is one of the pages from the comic (the comic is only 8 pages long so... yeah). I might do the release a bit sooner (especially if the comic will be shown anyway on Ghost City Comics).

The art is by Joel Saavedra, I was the brain-tank and writer behind it.

If you lot have any questions poke 'em below!

Cheers!

Alex Bielski

2. Hassknecht

Hassknecht For hate's sake Admin Orderite

Aug 16, 2010
    The art looks pretty damn good, I'm looking forward to seeing the whole thing.