"No Todds, No Masters" Creator Disappears

Discussion in 'Fallout 4' started by TerminallyChill, Mar 29, 2018.

1. Norzan

Norzan Mildly Dipped

Apr 7, 2017
    The guy didn't get depressed because of Fallout 4 or any game. He got criticized by a bunch of people because of his Nier Automata review and some of the times, criticism can just push someone over the edge if you are already feeling depressed.

The guy can also be clinically depressed, so i doubt any game has anything to do with this.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  2. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Fallout to the rear of the formation Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    Right, which is essentially the same thing. Clinically depressed is something I see on forums all over the internet. I see people pining for the glory years, doing multi page essays on the destruction of whatever thing they like, spiraling down a never ending shitstorm of "This sucks, my life has lost meaning, fuck this place I am out..."

Look at Spoony for instance. That guy lost the plot somewhere.

If you don't see how depression can be linked to the games you aren't looking deep enough. For instance people seek release from a depressing life, they delve deep into games...what happens when the games lose meaning and that is what you invested all your life into? You struggle to find purpose, can't find it, and you either kill yourself, or run as far away from the behavior that is harming you.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  3. Norzan

Norzan Mildly Dipped

Apr 7, 2017
    Who's to say he actually liked doing these long reviews? Maybe he did given how much effort he put into them. He also didn't do these long reviews just for Fallout, he did for Skyrim and he says right at the beginning that he's not a big fan of the Elder Scrolls series. So i doubt "watching my franchise be ruined by incompentent morons" is what made him depressed.

Heck, he did a positive review of New Vegas and said how much he loved the game but he was already feeling depressed. So this most likely is clinical depression. Not something you can actively control.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  4. TorontRayne

TorontRayne Fallout to the rear of the formation Staff Member Moderator Orderite

Apr 1, 2005
    No, you can't control it very well. Only treat the symptoms especially if it is chronic. My whole point is people with mental illness are attracted and often obsess over games. Anyone deconstructing games on YouTube on the regular has a massive creative output that borders on ADHD. Actually you will find creatives typically have those conditions.

5. tgawt

tgawt ye ass

Jul 9, 2018
    p shitty because i like a lot of this guys reviews p fucked up that stupid internet bullshit got to him personally