Problems with Backpack

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Scott from the Vault, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Scott from the Vault

Scott from the Vault First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2014
    Hello everyone,

I have a problem concerning the usage of the backpack and other bags: whenever I want to store items, I have to place the backpack/bag in one of the hand-slots. Removing items also does not work very well, in fact I have to drop items to the ground in order to get them out of the corresponding container. I am pretty sure this once worked simply by dragging and dropping an item over the backpack for both storing and removing.

I have installed the following patches (in that order):

- official Fallout patch 1.2
    - semi-official Fallout patch 1.2 and 1.3.5
    - HiRes patch 4.1.8

Does anyone have any clue how to change the backpack control back to what I was used to?

Thank you and best regards,

Scott from the Vault

2. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    Ah! I just had an idea; it might be a side-effect of changes to inventory that Mash made.

Disable the hi-res mod by renaming (or moving) the f1_res.ini and f1_res.dll files. Try again and see if that fixes it.

3. Scott from the Vault

Scott from the Vault First time out of the vault

Jun 16, 2014
    Yes, that fixes it! After re-enabling the hi-res mod I altered some entries in the .ini file, but it seems there is more than 1 entry responsible for this problem. Anyway, I tried out a combination of entries that made sense to me (more or less), but without success.
    It´s no important thing and I did complete the game with your mod anyhow, so after some time you get used to use the backpack in other ways. :wink:

4. Sduibek

Sduibek Creator of Fallout Fixt Moderator Modder

Oct 27, 2010
    I posted this to @Mash's bug wiki and thread here. Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2016