Fallout 2 mod Status on Mutant Rising?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by qfasinsky, Jan 28, 2016.

1. qfasinsky

qfasinsky First time out of the vault

Nov 24, 2014
    Does anyone know what is happening with Mutant Rising mod for Fallout 2? I've checked their page today couple of times and got only server errors. It would be sad if all that work got nuked.

2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Well, I was building a map for a certain major town today, chipping away as they say. As for the main page, I think it will be fixed in a day or so.

There are only two locations left that require mapping, both are major locations with multiple maps...the scripting is about 50% complete. Other members focus on design, dialogue and scripting, I stick to art, critters and mapping.

A sneak preview - mind you I might change it later, you never know.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. qfasinsky

qfasinsky First time out of the vault

Nov 24, 2014
    Thanks for info! I was worried foor a while :). Keep up the good work, if we would ever meet IRL, I'd buy you a beer (or prefered beverage)!

4. hexer

hexer It Wandered In From the Wastes
    Modder

Dec 7, 2013
    I also froze in horror when the webpage didn't load.
    Great to see you guys going for it! :salute:

5. phobos2077

phobos2077 Mildly Dipped
    Modder

Apr 24, 2010
    Holly crap, I was sure this project is dead. I'm patiently waiting for this mod as I wasn't "convinced" by Nevada and Olympus for some reason. I really liked the quality of map design and writing in the demo.

Just curious, do you guys use sfall or other engine expansions for this mod?

6. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    We use Sfall, and the resolution patch...I think Ardent might have a few other things in the working as well, don't quote me though.

The project had a pretty quiet year in 2015...a few people left due to real-life commitments, a few started work in various gaming companies, one became a Doctor of chemistry, but regardless we chip away. The game is in good shape...:salute:

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  7. Chris Parks

Chris Parks Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 10, 2006
    The project is not dead! I think the only way for that to happen would be if myself and ardent actually died!

As for one of us becoming a doctor - don't trust him he has shifty looking eyes....

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  8. Hubal

Hubal It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 11, 2014
    Just played the demo. Awesome work guys !!
    Can't wait till you finish it!

9. .Pixote.

Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    I have to confess, I've never played the demo....but there have been many improvements to the game since it was released. The initial map will get a slight makeover after I've finish the rest of the maps. There are elements about it I don't quite like.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  10. Chris Parks

Chris Parks Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 10, 2006
    Nothing about the demo remains in the current mod as far as I remember. :D

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1