Fallout 2 mod Unofficial Fo2 patch thread - problems, reports, suggestions

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Per, Aug 15, 2007.

1. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    My patch is a continuation of the official 1.02 patch. This is why my patch starts with 1.02. The 27 means that I released 27 versions of my patch. The final number (in this case 2) means a minor patch release. I probably should have just made it 1.02.29, but I felt the last two unofficial patch releases really didn't warrant it.

Eh, I really don't have a good answer for this. I use winrar to compress all my files, so it's what I used here.

The .rar file is the manual version of my patch. There are no known problems with my installer and I provide the .rar for those who like to know exactly what they are installing.

2. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    good to know these stuff, thanks for the answers killap.

3. ScytheKnight

ScytheKnight First time out of the vault

Sep 3, 2010
    OK, disregard my last post, and Killap ignore that PM I sent... just checked and I am actually getting the extra XP... the game just isn't displaying it for combat.

4. killap

May 16, 2005
    Good to know.

5. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Deploying soon, so I want to make sure my Fallout 2 has the latest and greatest of your Restoration Project

6. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Venerable Relic of the Wastes
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Hopefully the only killing you will see will be in the wastelands of Fallout…to yourself and all your buddies over there – keep safe man.

7. Carib FMJ

Carib FMJ Nuka-Cola Chaser

Nov 8, 2003
    Thanks.

As for Bugs, I noticed that Falche Doesn't work.

It says Character Main Data not found.

8. Haenlomal

Haenlomal It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 25, 2003
    Hey Carib FMJ,

Your question is already answered in the other thread, but basically FALCHE doesn't work with the Unofficial Patch or the Restoration Project due to several technical reasons.

Try the F2se editor found in this thread instead. Not only does it work with both the Unofficial Patch and the Restoration Project, it is a much more full featured editor than FALCHE.

Cheers,

-- The Haen.

9. killap

May 16, 2005
    Another minor update to the unofficial patch.

As before, DO NOT install this over the Restoration Project, as it already includes my latest patch. I just wanted to remind everyone about this even though the patch installer will refuse to install if it detects that the Restoration Project is already installed.

Enjoy!

Windows Installer Version (highly recommended): download
    Windows Manual Version (advanced users): download
    Mac Version: download

1.02.27.3 change log:

Code:
    Klamath:
    -----------
    • After scaring off Torr for the Duntons, you have the option to say you feel bad for what you've done. Choosing this option doesn't end the quest though and you're forced to take the money for the job. Now, choosing this option ends the quest, but you get no money for it.

Broken Hills:
    ---------------
    • Fixed issue where you could no longer ask Francis about arm wrestling or the miner note once you tell Marcus about the NCR scientist's plans.

10. Stracius

Stracius First time out of the vault

Sep 18, 2010
    I've run several searches for references to this bug, but the only thread that mentions it is this one, and only by one other fellow's post at the end of said thread. So forgive me if this has been addressed already.

11. killap

May 16, 2005
    @Stracius
    This was a bug in 1.02.27.1 and was corrected in 1.02.27.2. Grab the latest release from my sig.

12. Davorin

Davorin First time out of the vault

Sep 17, 2010
    there is a wierd bug in fourth sub-level of Sierra Army in 1.02.27.1.
    The thing is once I entered level 4, I could not re-open the elevator doors (with the aye) to go back up. So I returned sometime later in game with electronic lockpick to exit the level via the locked elevator connecting all four levels.
    Not a big thing, bud due to my stupid save I made right there, I managed to lost some hours of gaming time... :D
    And Killap: thank you so much for all your work on this game! Can't waint to try restoration project in a few days!

13. Davorin

Sep 17, 2010
    Oh, and another thing before I screw something up: Can I install the .27.3 patch over my .27.1? Will save files stay intact?

thanx again!

14. killap

May 16, 2005
    Saves will work just fine. While the installer should leave them intact, back them up just to be 100% sure they are not removed during the update.

15. Davorin

Sep 17, 2010
    Thank you! Works fine.

Another question: where exactly are save files? i have Windows 7 and it appears the same thing occued as described here: http://falloutmods.wikia.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info
    section: FO2 Savegame Directory Issue, but this says only for Vista on / there is no such path...

16. Stracius

Stracius First time out of the vault

Sep 18, 2010
    You, sir, rock. Problem has certainly been resolved; I had not realized I wasn't running the latest version of your patch. Thank you!

17. Skandinav

Skandinav First time out of the vault

Sep 25, 2010
    Good day,

I'm an old Fallout player who've recently started a campaign with this patch and I've never experienced such a bug-free game - thanks a lot for this to anyone involved.

I have one question though, how do I make the unofficial patch work with the NPC armor mod, and which of the NPC armor mods do I need ?
    And will it work without having to restart ( because I'm at least 1/3 through the game already.. ) ?

I have only the Unofficial patch and the high-res patch installed.

Thank you in advance.

18. Felipefpl

Felipefpl Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Jun 17, 2010
    with the restoration project, you can see at the wiki page what mods are compatible with it but with the patch doesnt, i believe it may work but it would be better to find out who made the mod to be sure of it. ;)

19. Skandinav

Skandinav First time out of the vault

Sep 25, 2010
    I know it comes with the RP mod but I'm currently too far into my campaign to start anew and for now I would prefer to play with the unofficial patch only.

I did check on the threads and many download sites for the NPC Armor mod but couldn't find any info anywhere if and how to use it with Killap's Unofficial Patch.

I've tried to apply the NPC Armor mod 1.1 by Josan12, x'il, Jotisz and Lexx, but it doesn't seem to change anything, though I'm not sure if I'm even installing it correctly and the file don't come with any readme.

Any help would be appreciated.

20. killap

May 16, 2005
    I'm looking for feedback on this one bug reported. When talking with Big Jesus about killing Salvatore (and refusing to do it), the following dialogue happens:

Big Jesus: If you... run from this job, I will have you... KILLED.
    Player Option 1: Since you put it that way, I shall return when he's dead.
    Player Option 2: Try anything, and you'll be joining the Mordinos the Salvatores butchered.

Something is clearly wrong with the 2nd option. What are the thoughts on what this actually should say?