8 Things About Fallout: New Vegas That Would Make BIS proud

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by cunningandvalor, Nov 1, 2010.

1. cunningandvalor

cunningandvalor It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 27, 2009
    IGN lists off 8 things in New Vegas that would make BIS proud.<blockquote>The New Vegas Strip

Fallout 3 had nothing to rival Fallout 2's New Reno, but the New Vegas Strip is perhaps the most effective encapsulation of the Fallout aesthetic and ethos to be found in any of the games. The Lucky 38's Presidential Suite, made of faded leather and velvet and full of battered closets stocked with dirty pre-war apparel, is the physical embodiment of Fallout's decaying American dream. The strip itself, meanwhile, it a glitzy hellhole, full of desperate individuals with so little to live for that this strangled, neon-cast shadow of a once-great city is worth killing over. Shame you can't take a job as a fluffer, Reno-style. That's still probably the most degrading thing in videogames.

Drinking out of toilet bowls

Pretty much everything about Hardcore mode recalls Black Isle's Fallout games: the way your companions die, leaving you all alone out there in the wastes; the way a crippled limb or radiation poisoning can lead to a slow and inevitable death; the way everything in the entire wasteland, from the wildlife to the water, is trying to murder you. But there's nothing that depresses us quite so much as lapping irradiated liquid from a toilet bowl to stave off death by dehydration. </blockquote>

2. Brother None

Brother None This ghoul has seen it all
    Staff Member Admin Orderite

Apr 3, 2003
    That list is fucking awful.

3. cunningandvalor

cunningandvalor It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 27, 2009
    Word to BN,

"Pretty much everything about Hardcore mode recalls Black Isle's Fallout games"

and

"Deathclaws are just as tough! Requiring nothing less than a nuke to stop them"

etc.

Epitome of hilarity.

4. WorstUsernameEver

WorstUsernameEver But best title ever!

May 28, 2010
    Btw, Repconn HQ is there for a quest.

5. Khan FurSainty

Khan FurSainty Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 23, 2009
    Me: "Herp-derp, this looks like a interesting list."

Me: "Fail..."

6. Gaddes

Gaddes Look, Ma! Two Heads!

May 18, 2010
    I would like to echo Brother None and say that the list is indeed fucking awful.

7. Paul_cz

Paul_cz Mildly Dipped

Jun 11, 2008
    shitty article, was expecting something else, but Cass is awesome character and really well written.

8. 13pm

13pm Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Apr 10, 2007
    I LOL'd. So now we are not the "vocal minority", but "significant portion". This is sooooo fucking funny.

9. Morbus

Morbus Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 16, 2006
    You said it.

Please do.

I didn't find her particularly ingenious, but she's definitely well written. I like her dialog, but I liked most of the dialogs. Voice acting was all absolutely abysmal though.

10. zioburosky13

zioburosky13 Vault Senior Citizen

Jun 24, 2004
    Like Fallout 3 is fun... yeah... :roll:

11. Deimos

Deimos First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2010
    Agree. NV is not so bad game that they need to say: "Hey, kids! It's Fallout. It's Fallouty Fallout! It's Super Radioactive Fallouty Fallout".

12. lisac2k

lisac2k Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 26, 2004
    Re: 8 Things About Fallout: New Vegas That Would Make BIS pr

The dead don't care.

13. Sam Ecorners

Sam Ecorners Vault Senior Citizen
    Orderite

Jan 23, 2007
    I think we can now become "Glittering gems of love, even though sometimes it's kinda meh"

14. Stanislao Moulinsky

Stanislao Moulinsky Vault Fossil

Jul 16, 2009
    AHAHAHAHAHAH. What?

Even if it was the Bethesda of the old times they had experience in a completely different kind of RPGs.

15. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Maybe it happened in a parallel universe.

16. sea

sea Vault Senior Citizen

Oct 5, 2009
    I'd like to give the author the benefit of the doubt by suggesting he was on drugs when Fallout 3 was announced.

17. Nark

Nark Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Dec 6, 2008
    Disregarding the completely terrible article and listing, I'm genuinely surprised any of the fucks over at IGN have even played Fallout 1 and Fallout 2.

I want to go to a parallel universe where Van Buren was released.

18. Forhekset

Forhekset Still Mildly Glowing

Jul 5, 2007
    It is IGN, after all.

19. PainlessDocM

PainlessDocM Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Feb 5, 2010
    "Drinking out of toilet bowls"

20. frosty_theaussie

frosty_theaussie Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 22, 2003