Fallout 2 mod Alternate Weapon Firing Mode

What damage line width do you think is the best? (Description in the last post in the thread)

• Wider variant, easier to hit additional targets.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeKRuS

First time out of the vault
This mod has been implemented, you can download it from GITHUB

Hello guys, I'm trying to make it so that the gaus rifle can shoot through all the creatures in its path.

For adequate animation, I had to do something.

Video demonstration
And I need your opinion from the outside.
Does it look acceptable and is anything unusual noticeable?

Last edited:
Well, since there are no negative reviews yet, I will continue in the same direction)

For laser weapons, penetration will work differently.
In addition to the main target, all targets between the player and the main target can be hit.
And unlike the gauss rifle, the damage will happen on a delay according to the laser beam flight animation, rather than instantly.

Laser variant Video

Need help choosing. I can't decide on the width of the line along which additional targets will be hit. Especially when shooting in 4 diagonal directions.

There are two test options in the video:
Gauss rifle (firing a laser beam for clarity): represents the variant with the closest match of the bullet / laser beam flight path.
Laser Rifle: represents the variant with a wider line width and therefore easier aiming at secondary targets, but not always matching the bullet/laser trajectory.

I would like to hear someone else's opinion.
It seems to me that during the game it is better to give more room for error to the player and increase the width of the line.
But on the other hand, it looks stupid when a beam flying past the target damages it)

I decided to leave both options for the line width as options in the settings file)

Added an alternative mode for plasma weapons.
So far, deal 75% weapon damage to all creatures within 1 hex of the target. The target takes 10% more damage. Shot costs 3 Microfusion cells.

Red damage numbers for clarity, they most likely will not be in the release version)

I'm trying to figure out how best to deal with the probability of hitting additional targets.
Calculate chance for each additional target? Or once for all creatures on the line?

I like this :)

I decided to leave both options for the line width as options in the settings file)
Good decision, it is nice to have choice.

Added an alternative mode for plasma weapons.
So far, deal 75% weapon damage to all creatures within 1 hex of the target. The target takes 10% more damage. Shot costs 3 Microfusion cells.
Isn't it possible to make it in settings file? To set range (0-2), %dmg to main target and %dmg to neighbours?

Red damage numbers for clarity, they most likely will not be in the release version)
Leave it as option in settings file.

I'm trying to figure out how best to deal with the probability of hitting additional targets.
Calculate chance for each additional target? Or once for all creatures on the line?

Calculate chance for each additional target, it looks more real.

In the case of the line, I don't think it's necessary, you could let the chances be 100%. After all, the chances of the targets lining up in the chaos of battle probably are not that high. As for the plasma, I think it could be more interesting, as the chance of the targets being very close to each other seems to be greater. However, I think it would be unrealistic if a target closer to the center would evade damage while one further away would not. So maybe you could do a calculation of the X number of extra targets that would be hit and then hit the X targets that are closest to the center.

Anyway, I hope it helps, your mod looks very cool. :ok:

А можно получить только мод с отображением урона? для всех атак
Is it possible to get only mod with damage display? for all attacks

Last edited:
Привет, беспоблем. Прикладываю скрипт, его(gl_show_float_dmg.int) кинуть в .....\Fallout 2\data\Scripts
Описываю работу скрипта:
- любой урон в бою больше 0 будет "всплывать" над существом которое его получило(игрок/нпц/компаньоны).
- Цифры урона по сути текст который иногда возникает на головой существ, чтобы не перезаписывать их слова и фразы, урон будет появляться сразу после начала анимации атаки а не после неё.

Hi, no problem. I am attaching a script. Copy gl_show_float_dmg.int to .....\Fallout 2\data\Scripts
Describing how the script works:
- Any combat damage greater than 0 will "float" over the creature that received it (player / NPC / companions).
- Damage numbers are essentially text that sometimes appears on the head of creatures, so as not to overwrite their words and phrases, damage will appear immediately after the start of the attack animation and not after it.

Attachments

I looked at your code. It's one of the most advanced SSL code I have ever seen. Just wow. Where did you learn how to do all this? )) How long are you modding this game?

I'll make sure to keep an eye on your mods for some technical and design ideas for my mod.

I looked at your code. It's one of the most advanced SSL code I have ever seen. Just wow. Where did you learn how to do all this? )) How long are you modding this game?
Ты это серьёзно что ли или это шутка такая? Я вообще считал что делаю всё не так как надо, потому что к программированию не имею никакого отношения и вот это моя первая попытка скриптинга модов для игры. Но иными конструкциями в скриптах реализовать то что хотел бы видеть в старом фоллауте не могу)
Учился методом проб и ошибок, поглядывая на чужие работы, еще тут и на другом форуме иногда подсказывали.
Уже больше года пробую себя в моддинге фоллаута, правда из-за работы иногда приходится делать очень большие перерывы и не всё усевается.

Меня больше поражают люди которые сделали и поддерживают/развивают sfall, без их новых опкодов и крючков, а главное script_editora фиг бы что у такого как я получилось!

Are you serious or is this a joke? I thought that I was doing everything wrong, because I had nothing to do with programming at all, and this was my first attempt at scripting a game mod. But I just can’t implement what I would like to see in the old fallout in a different way)
I learned by trial and error, looking at other people's work, sometimes asking for advice on the forums.
I have been modding Fallout for over a year, although sometimes I have to take very long breaks due to work (

I'm more impressed by the people who made and maintain/develop sfall; without their new opcodes and hooks, and most importantly, script_editor, I wouldn't be able to do anything!

Last edited:
Back