Anyone running the DVD bundle and/or a non US version

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Aug 19, 2007.

1. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    I am currently making an installer for my patch/expansion and I was curious about a few things.

First, I need to know the location of the registry key of Fallout for those who use the DVD bundle and/or a non US version of Fallout 2.

My Fallout 2 (1.0) key is located in the following location of the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interplay\Fallout2\1.0

My Fallout 2 (1.02) key is located in the following location of the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interplay\Fallout2\1.02d

What I need to know is what non US version or the DVD bundle have for the above. I assume the UK version would just be 1.02e but I want to confirm this. For those of you who don't know how to get to the registry do the following:

Go to the start menu
    Go to run
    Type in regedit

Then following the path of keys I gave above. The last "folder" you reach may not be 1.0 or 1.02d. The name of this last "folder" is what I need to know.

The second thing I was curious about was the UK exe. I have a special UK version of my patch and I was wondering whether the US exe works with the UK version of the game. I had some reports that using the UK exe makes the game ask for the CD to be entered. Was this only with the DVD bundle of the game? I had several reports and none of them provided me with accurate, concise info. If the US exe works with the UK version of the game then I probably won't keep a UK version of my patch since the US version can just be used instead. It will help me so I don't have to keep track of so many different versions.

In addition, I don't actually think a version B of my patch is needed any more. I had kept the B version around incase the 1.02 patch was included in the main dat files rather than a separate patch000.dat file. Now that I think about it, this special case doesn't actually matter. If there is no patch000.dat file but yet the game comes as 1.02 then version A of my patch can still be used. The only thing that would mess up version A of my patch was the presence of the dat file. If 1.02 fixes are now part of the main.dat file then using version A wouldn't conflict at all. In addition, does anyone actually have this case? I could swear I read one post with someone who had a 1.02 game without the patch000.dat. In any case, I don't think version B is needed and those who use it instead of version A (which I am pretty sure will work with any setup) are actually missing out on some official 1.02 fixes since version B of my patch does not include them.

2. AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc.

AJ Rimmer Bsc.Ssc. First time out of the vault

Aug 11, 2007
    fully patched via Megamod etc...but this is whats in my UK release reg

if its any use

3. killap

May 16, 2005
    Ok, so UK non pre-patched is the same as the US version. Good to know. Thanks.

Still curious about the rest of you out there.

4. Cyraxor

Cyraxor First time out of the vault

Aug 20, 2007
    I have same Reg-entry as AJ has... my game is patched with your june 11 patch.

5. Eoz

Eoz First time out of the vault

May 21, 2007
    I have the 1.0 UK CD version patched with your june 11th release and the 1.02 US exe works just fine with it.

6. killap

May 16, 2005
    Thanks for responding! Good to know. I probably won't have a UK release then since some people reported issues with the UK exe asking for the CD.