Bethesda details DLC plans, Honest Hearts coming 17th May

Got all important skills to 100 already anyway. So the higher level cap can't do much harm anymore.

WorstUsernameEver said:
Added a little update to the newspost. With all the DLCs the total level cap will be 50.

Yikes.

Given that there will certainly be skill books in the new DLCs, and how easy it is to max skills now (even without min-maxing stats)....wow....you could probably get everything to 100. WTF is the point? New perks?

This could be good though. With the abundance of skill points, the system could be rebalanced to support a '125' or a '150' (or some other arbitrary number over 100) max skill level.

WorstUsernameEver said:
Added a little update to the newspost. With all the DLCs the total level cap will be 50.

Yikes.
Hopefully there will be some major skill rebalancing going down.

Reconite said:
WorstUsernameEver said:

Yikes.
Hopefully there will be some major skill rebalancing going down.

I'm won't put my money on this. There will be a trait available for capping your own level at 30, but other than that, I don't expect a rebalance in skills.

It's interesting that the XP earned completing quests IS balanced, but the ammount given to you when hunting and hacking is pure obscenity.
50 XP for killing a lousy Mole Rat isn't too much?

[ ]'s

Josh just mentioned on the somethingawful forums that he's the project director on Honest Hearts while Avellone is project director on Old World Blues and The Lonesome Road.

I wish they'd kept the levelling the same as in Fallout 1 and 2 now. It was pretty much impossible to 'max out' or become overpowered in those two games.

Courier said:
I wish they'd kept the levelling the same as in Fallout 1 and 2 now. It was pretty much impossible to 'max out' or become overpowered in those two games.
FNV is stuck with a 100 skill cap though

[spoiler:2e28f242d7]because it's oblivion with guns[/spoiler:2e28f242d7]

Starwars said:
Josh just mentioned on the somethingawful forums that he's the project director on Honest Hearts while Avellone is project director on Old World Blues and The Lonesome Road.

<3 <3 <3

I was secretly hoping for a Fenstermaker-led DLC based on his exceptional contributions to FO:NV proper, but I can't complain about this news either.

Fenstermaker is a good writer but that doesn't mean he should be handed a project director position. Obsidian has regular folk for that, like Sawyer and Avellone.

Brother None said:
Fenstermaker is a good writer but that doesn't mean he should be handed a project director position. Obsidian has regular folk for that, like Sawyer and Avellone.

He could use a try in a Lead Position though. Its not like he just joined but 6-7 years.

TwinkieGorilla said:
I don't understand how your world works. I just like the kid s'all.

Kid? Anyway, my world works as in "the right people for the right job". Don't make dedicated writers team leaders. Gaider has been BioWare's #1 (or #2) writer for years now yet he's never bumped up beyond "lead writer" because that's what he's best at. You make it sound as if it's a knock on Fenstermaker to let him do what he's great at.

Also, just so we're clear, Twinks, the project lead is not always the one responsible for the initial concept or creative direction of a DLC. Well, responsible in the business sense, yes, but it doesn't tell you Fenstermaker couldn't be given a big chunk of creative work.

He could use a try in a Lead Position though. Its not like he just joined but 6-7 years.

No, 8 years :P

Brother None said:
Kid? Anyway, my world works as in "the right people for the right job". Don't make dedicated writers team leaders. Gaider has been BioWare's #1 (or #2) writer for years now yet he's never bumped up beyond "lead writer" because that's what he's best at. You make it sound as if it's a knock on Fenstermaker to let him do what he's great at.

But he isn't a dedicated writer just as the other guys at Obsidian aren't. He also did a lot of Level Design on New Vegas and their other games (NWN2 Act II and MOTB). I don't really think Obsidian has any 100% writers like Bioware does.

That's true. It doesn't necessarily make him a good fit to lead anything

Sorry. I just have a thing about over-promoting people until their specific talents no longer fit what they're asked to do. It happens too much, especially in the gaming industry.

Brother None said:
That's true. It doesn't necessarily make him a good fit to lead anything

Sorry. I just have a thing about over-promoting people until their specific talents no longer fit what they're asked to do. It happens too much, especially in the gaming industry.

Well I agree, for now Obsidian has enough Project Leads.

I personally think though that hes ready for a Lead Designer/Lead Creative Designer position.

Back