Fallout 2 mod Can anyone recommend an ammo mod for FO2?

Question2

It Wandered In From the Wastes
I remember YAMM had a problem where JHP was stilll better than AP if the weapon's base damage was high enough to compensate for the DT reduction of the AP ammo.

Not sure what other options are there...sfall comes with the option of glovz's damage fix and YAMM. How does the glovz damage fix compare? Are there any other alternatives?

Well with glovz damage fix, im not sure how effective it is compared to vanilla. AP rounds seem more valuable, but i think armor protects a lot less in general? I dont really understand the explanation involved as to how the calculation is changed.

What ammo mod do you guys use?

Definitely the Fallout Weapons Redone Mod FWR by Magnus. Gives the best results in terms of consistancy with bigger weapons and armor and takes minimal effort by usage of the base formula.

Definitely the Fallout Weapons Redone Mod FWR by Magnus. Gives the best results in terms of consistancy with bigger weapons and armor and takes minimal effort by usage of the base formula.

Hmm..it sounds nice, but im not sure if i agree with some of the changes made, such as making the .223 pistol a unique weapon again.

Hmm..it sounds nice, but im not sure if i agree with some of the changes made, such as making the .223 pistol a unique weapon again.

Well these edits can be easily changed by just re-swapping the protos.
Besides the mod does a very nice work in enabling some death animations like the wakizashi blade laser slice or adding throwing to some melee weapons. It also does some good changes to the worldmap, however it still does carry on some mistakes even killap didn't notice like critters wielding weapons w/out having animation for. But thats just another topic and not the orig scope of the mod.

Last edited:
Back