Collectors Unite (What you got?)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum' started by Muff, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Muff

Muff Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 5, 2006
    So With the thread about the ultimate Pos-Apoc collection mostly fallout I thought what are you collecting?

At the moment I have a LARGE collection of Antique fishing tackle, from Rod's and Reels (that I do use) Including vintage end tackle like hooks and lures. I have a few Camera my Oldest is a 1900 Slide camera and I have a few cameras from 1910 to 1950.

Beyond that I have a about 100 lighters oldest is 1890 the newest is 1990 in my classics collection, nearly all of them are petrol lighters including a few old Dunhill side wheel lighters. And I have a Whole load of dunhill lighters that where branded. And a few bit's that are called Trench Art, bullets stuffed with field kit cotton and a bit of lamp wick and had a bit of ferro wheel attached with a rough Solder and a cap made from the triger of a Enemy gun or bit of bent Tin, they are all oddity's.

I am also just getting into Fountain Pen's, at the moment I have a few Pens from the 80's and a few dip pens from the late 20's and a couple from WW2 one is a Luftwaffe Gold nibbed pen of bizarre lineage but looks damned cool.

2. Syphon

Syphon A Smooth-Skin

Jul 12, 2003
    I have a collection of nasty, racist Eugenics books (5) dating from 1865 to 1912 . There toxic and worthless, I might as well wipe my ass with them.

3. Makta

Makta The DICKtator

Jul 29, 2010
    Hey.. It's not a good idea to wipe your ass with something toxic :mrgreen:

4. yarga

yarga First time out of the vault

Jul 19, 2004
    Well, I just sold my so-so MTG gathering collection that I hadn't looked at in 20 years for $1900, but I wasn't actively collecting it, I just inherited the cards me and a bunch of friends played with in college.

I have a falling apart GI Joe Flagg Carrier in storage somewhere, along with a a few boxes of probably worthless comics from the 1980's. Oh and a "library" of about 3000 books, mostly sci-fi, mostly turning to powder from the cheap unfixed paper Although I do have an original L Ron Hubbard / Asimov 2fer1 pulp, which would be the most valuable thing I ever collected, if we as a species assigned value to irony. Besides that sad ensemble, the only thing I collect these days are memories, much cheaper to store.

5. yarga

yarga First time out of the vault

Jul 19, 2004
    My friend's grandmother had a collection of the racial history of the "peoples of the world" beginning with the condemnation of the primitive peoples of Africa in one lean volume and ending with a giant work on the ultimate race, the Germans. Was mind bogglingly racist iirc, is it that series?