Did you play Diablo 4 Beta?

maximaz

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
What did you think?

Couldn't resist and fired it up on Sunday. Glad to see them get back to the dark tone but the world feels like shit though tbh. Things respawning and everything resetting nearly instantly, no sense of accomplishment from clearing areas, packs of monsters at every corner making the world feel completely not believable.

I guess nobody gives a shit about single player in Diablo anymore.

I played D1 and D2 pretty recently and their gameworlds were pretty much just monsters in every corner as well and I'm pretty certain that in D2 at least normal enemies respawned when you save/quit and start the game back up again. In D1 things stay dead.

Oh and I have no interest in D4. If I my itch scratched I can still go back and replay D2 or play Grim Dawn instead.

I played D1 and D2 pretty recently and their gameworlds were pretty much just monsters in every corner as well and I'm pretty certain that in D2 at least normal enemies respawned when you save/quit and start the game back up again. In D1 things stay dead.

Oh and I have no interest in D4. If I my itch scratched I can still go back and replay D2 or play Grim Dawn instead.

Yea D1 is basically a big dungeon and D2 is an overworld with dungeons. However, those were 'believable' for the lack of a better word. You'd encounter enemy camps and random roaming zombies that would stay dead when you put them down. In D4, the world is a series of pathways FILLED with monsters and everything resets the moment you leave. Feels very 'fake', again, for the lack of a better word. No sense of presence in a real place.

Yea D1 is basically a big dungeon and D2 is an overworld with dungeons. However, those were 'believable' for the lack of a better word. You'd encounter enemy camps and random roaming zombies that would stay dead when you put them down. In D4, the world is a series of pathways FILLED with monsters and everything resets the moment you leave. Feels very 'fake', again, for the lack of a better word. No sense of presence in a real place.
Hm, sounds like a big ew.
Good thing I never buy games until years later when they're heavily discounted.

I ain't giving Activision/Blizzard any money for sure. So no, didn't played it and never will.

Thanks for this. Thread would suck without this post.
If you didn't want answers like mine you shouldn't have titled this thread "Did you play Diablo 4 Beta?". :V

That's a yes or no question. I would have felt bad posting "No" so I added a tiny bit more to it.

If you had named it something like "What did you think about Diablo 4 beta?", "Did you like playing Diablo 4 beta?" or similar I wouldn't have replied :lol:.

If you didn't want answers like mine you shouldn't have titled this thread "Did you play Diablo 4 Beta?". :V

That's a yes or no question. I would have felt bad posting "No" so I added a tiny bit more to it.

If you had named it something like "What did you think about Diablo 4 beta?", "Did you like playing Diablo 4 beta?" or similar I wouldn't have replied :lol:.
Fair. Bad phrasing perhaps. Meant to say "what did those of you who played think about it?"

I have played tons and tons of all the diablo games within the last couple of years.
Basically I started playing 2R when that came out, switched to 3 at some point because I never played the expansion, switched to Immortal when I ran out of stuff to do on ladder in 3, then switched to 1/Hellfire when I got bored of the money-first design of Immortal.

But I completely missed that there was an open beta, even though I remember seeing the news about it on the blizzard app front page, I just never clicked it, and haven't actually followed anything about 4 at all.
I guess I'll just play it when it's out.

Back