DLC

I do not mind DLC. Although I'm finding it a bit, what's the word, let's say: Vague, that they are making plans for it before the game is even released.

Then again, if they're in testing fase the game is almost finished so why not put some of the Devs on developing DLC.

It does give them more time to actually come up with anything GOOD.

I think that Area 51 will be included into normal NV build.

As for DLC I would like to see New Reno DLC. It would be great to see how the city developed after F2. And it`s not far from Vegas either.

^I totally second that one! Maybe even the good ol' Mark Morgan music :cool:
But which one of the consequenses they'll pick? There were many things that could've happened to New Reno in F2, eh?

Eh people, you do know the distance between the New Vegas region and New Reno right?

Point Lookout was already stretching it to the limit, but putting New Reno almost directly next to New Vegas is absurd.
There is loads of territory in the way.

Relentless666, no offense but that is just terrible.
The idea of yet more compounds that mutate living creatures and the idea of the US being able to build spaceships on the scale of the Mothership and yet not be able to use any of that technology to for example evacuate.

Personally, please just drop the entire alien stuff, never ever refer to it again in any form of canon.
If you find an alien blaster, than it is an Easter Egg again, nothing more.

As for some other's opinions, yet I do hope Obsidian will put Groom Lake/Dream Land in the main game, at least then we know that if Bethesda does do the DLCs that they will not screw that place up.

I still would like to see the place to be something like that of Deus Ex, a former military base on the surface where they assemble and test all kinds of plane designs and perhaps experiment with rockets, and an underground research and development lab where various corporations developed technology.

Perhaps this would be the place where Mr House went into hibernation before the War, using some of the creations here to defend Las Vegas from a direct missile or bomber strike, and later got the means to build New Vegas and his police robot forces from.

Again, I still hope that Obsidian will use the DLCs to introduce some of the ideas planned for Van Buren.

The Nursery, The Grand Canyon (full of unique mutants), Burnham Springs (home to a massive underground coal fire), and perhaps Fort Aradesh/Fort Abandon, the Big Empty, Boulder Dome, and Denver/Dog Town.

How is it unprofessional to plan for a franchise? Bioware did the same thing with Dragon Age: Origins and promised a 2 year support.

The Dutch Ghost said:
Eh people, you do know the distance between the New Vegas region and New Reno right?

Point Lookout was already stretching it to the limit, but putting New Reno almost directly next to New Vegas is absurd.
There is loads of territory in the way.

Relentless666, no offense but that is just terrible.
The idea of yet more compounds that mutate living creatures and the idea of the US being able to build spaceships on the scale of the Mothership and yet not be able to use any of that technology to for example evacuate.

Personally, please just drop the entire alien stuff, never ever refer to it again in any form of canon.
If you find an alien blaster, than it is an Easter Egg again, nothing more.

As for some other's opinions, yet I do hope Obsidian will put Groom Lake/Dream Land in the main game, at least then we know that if Bethesda does do the DLCs that they will not screw that place up.

I still would like to see the place to be something like that of Deus Ex, a former military base on the surface where they assemble and test all kinds of plane designs and perhaps experiment with rockets, and an underground research and development lab where various corporations developed technology.

Perhaps this would be the place where Mr House went into hibernation before the War, using some of the creations here to defend Las Vegas from a direct missile or bomber strike, and later got the means to build New Vegas and his police robot forces from.

Again, I still hope that Obsidian will use the DLCs to introduce some of the ideas planned for Van Buren.

The Nursery, The Grand Canyon (full of unique mutants), Burnham Springs (home to a massive underground coal fire), and perhaps Fort Aradesh/Fort Abandon, the Big Empty, Boulder Dome, and Denver/Dog Town.

You got me wrong. I don`t want new Reno in NV area. Just make a travel to NR possible like to Point Lookout e.g.

Yeah I`d support introduction of Grand Canyon. Monsters form there were great.

I'd also like to see the original Van Buren intended material as a DLC or even in the original game!
God dammit if it turns out to be like F3. I'm so hyped, that it would be just flat out cruel.

The greates thing would be to have VB as separate game. I don`t know... Maybe when F:NV is great succes they`ll make F:VB psp game.

Dragula said:
How is it unprofessional to plan for a franchise? Bioware did the same thing with Dragon Age: Origins and promised a 2 year support.

And look how it ended - most of their DLC is utter shit, the Awakening being just a rehash of the main plot. New Vegas is made in a very short time, not focusing on the game itself but on DLC can prove fatal to the quality of the content. I don't want to wait a year more after a release to have something that could be added earlier.

Also, what's with the Area 51? There are loads of things you can add to the game aside from that, like followers for example. I personally hope for Joshua Graham, who was mentioned in the news section earlier in one of the topics. He'd be a toxic CNPC who'd give you a lot of trouble with other people, but be an awesome fighter. That kind of guy may throw off most people, but he'd be perfect for a DLC.

Mistrz said:
The greates thing would be to have VB as separate game. I don`t know... Maybe when F:NV is great succes they`ll make F: VB psp game.

Why PSP? Why on earth would they put it on PSP (if it was to happen at all) if they know that all the fans of it would rather play it on PC.

Reconite said:
Mistrz said:
The greates thing would be to have VB as separate game. I don`t know... Maybe when F:NV is great succes they`ll make F: VB psp game.

Why PSP? Why on earth would they put it on PSP (if it was to happen at all) if they know that all the fans of it would rather play it on PC.
Because for PC it simply won`t happen. They (bethesda) have their way to make PC games. I`m telling ya - PSP is the only way.

Mistrz said:
Reconite said:
Mistrz said:

Because for PC it simply won`t happen. They (bethesda) have their way to make PC games. I`m telling ya - PSP is the only way.

The PSP is still relevant?

Professor Danger! said:
Mistrz said:
Reconite said:
Mistrz said:

The PSP is still relevant?

New God of War, new Resident Evil, yeah I think it still is.

Back