Fallout 1 mod Does anyone still have the Fallout Restoration Mod?

Patch 1.3.6, downloaded at Nuclear City also comes with the Restoration Mod. Recently, I beat the game with it. Since I am the type of player who gets the implants, level grinds the Deathclaws at the Adtytum Warehouse, reads enough skill books to get First-Aid, Repair, Science, and Outdoorsman, I modified the number of days until the invasions in the vault13.gam file so I could get good endings for the Hub and Followers.

A couple of issues I noticed from testing as well on earlier playthroughs with the Restoration patch:

-When Adytum is invaded, dialogue with the new leader of the Follower's library crashes the game.
-Even though I never returned to Necropolis after killing the mutants and fixing the water pump, I still got the invasion ending.

I've done some testing and found that the original 500 day deadline (400 days if you have the Water Merchants deliver to your vault) is restored in the Restoration Mod. In my opinion, the Restoration Mod helps give Fallout the polished feel that it lacks. Now if you enter a city after the deadline, people are no longer standing around alive and well as if nothing happened, which was odd.

And as for Necropolis, if I want to get the good ending, I'll have to postpone killing the mutants at the watershed before tackling the Cathedral and the Military Base.

Yes, I did kill the master first. I went back to Necropolis after to tell Set about the Master's death, only to find that the city had already been invaded by the mutants. I guess 30 days had long passed since I killed the mutants at the Watershed.

I forgot to mention that in my recent successful playthrough, even though I never returned to Necropolis after killing the mutants and fixing the pump, when I got the Brotherhood to help assault the outer military base, in speaking to the elders, I had the option to tell them that the mutants had already invaded Necropolis, even though I never went back there or even heard about from anyone else (such as Patrick).

The mutant timer is the one thing I don't like about Fallout 1 as it forces you to basically speed through the game to get the best ending. Since I am the type of player who level grinds deathclaws in Adytum, does all the quest, reads enough skill books to get 91% in First Aid, Science, Repair, and Outdoorsmanship, and gets all the implants (except Endurance if my current value is even), I modify the number of days in the vault13.gam file and I highly recommend anyone who gets the Restoration Mod do the same thing. This way, you'll have plenty of time to get the implants, do all the quests, level grind in Adytum, read books, get Hardened Power Armor and the Plasma Rifle upgrade in Adytum, etc. I also think that you can change the deadline for when the mutants invade Vault 13.

If you're still interested, patch 1.3.6 can be found and downloaded here: Fallout 1: Unofficial Patch 1.3.6. - Моды и Патчи - Nuclear City (nuclear-city.com)

If you do get the 1.3.6, I also recommend that you download SFall 1.18e as the SFall 1.3.6 comes with is bugged and doesn't give you the correct npc reactions even with high reputation or Charisma. Any later version after that is incompatible with patch 1.3.6. You'll also need to tweek F1_res.ini and ddraw.ini to your liking, especially the setting in F1_res.ini which allows items that you pick up to be put at the top, which you need to set to 0, otherwise you may be reloading your guns with ap ammo instead of normal ammo. When you install the patch, don't install any of the additions in the second menu including the Chemistry Addon, Combat Control, and the others as they are all pointless, especially if you want to keep the vanilla feel of the game.

1.3.6 is probably the best way to play the game outside of FIXT or Et Tu, especially if you are a purist as it doesn't change the feel of the game.

It also comes with the Restored Endings Mod, an NPC mod that doesn't change their hairstyles when they change their armor, a not-so-loud sound fix for the 14mm and .223 Pistol, Lenore's Script Fix, Dialogue fixes, reverse censorship patches, and other fixes.

I have not figured out how to get the Brotherhood to attack the Cathedral.

In the Restoration Mod, the towns are filled with dead bodies and there are mutants patrolling the streets.

You can also postpone the mutant invasions by modifying the number of days in the vault13.gam file.

Wouldn't killing the Master early in the game be too difficult? Not having Hardened Power Armor wouldn't do much against all those mutants, especially if you don't have good weapons.

What if you create a character instead of using one of the premade ones, or are stupid? Can you still do all of the above and beat the Master? Can you do so with the usual optimal character, tagging Small Guns, Lockpick, and Speech?

In previous playthroughs, I tend to wait until level 21 after level grinding the deathclaws for the easiest time taking out the Master and the Vats. Then I get to see how effective my character build is when I kill all those mutants. That's why I had to change the number of days until the invasions in the vault13.gam file. I also change the number of days so I'll have enough time to get the upgrades from Smitty and Miles in Adytum.

If I was to do the run you suggested, I would need to make some changes to my playstyle. Sounds like it would be the true Fallout experience though. Walkthroughs I found online for such runs tend to do things out of sequence, such as going to the Military Base first.

Is there a reason why the mutant invasions were disabled in the final game? If so, why do Hub, Adytum, and Shady Sands still get invaded in the ending slides if you take too long?

I remember long ago playing FIXT with all mutant invasions disabled except for Necropolis. I did everything I usually do, and still got the good endings for both the Hub and Adytum, even though the deadlines had passed. I wonder if there is another mod outside of FIXT that has the same effect?

So I made changes to the vault13.gam file to modify the number of days till the invasion so I can get everything I need done in each playthrough. Here are the new dates of invasions using an online date calcuator:

Adytum - 260 days = August 22, 2162
Necropolis - 280 days = September 11, 2162
Hub - 310 days = October 11, 2162
Brotherhood - 340 days = November 10, 2162
Junktown - 370 days = December 10, 2162
Shady Sands - 400 days = January 9, 2163
Vault 13 - 600 days = July 27, 2163
Vault 13 Water Merchants - 500 days = April 19, 2163

I followed the original pattern where the first two settlements were invaded 20 days apart, then everything else except for Vault 13 invaded 30 days apart. I wonder why the invasions follow this pattern where there are twenty days between Adytum and Necropolis being invaded, and a thirty day interval between each of the other invaded settlements other than the vault.

Last edited:
Is there a reason why the mutant invasions were disabled in the final game? If so, why do Hub, Adytum, and Shady Sands still get invaded in the ending slides if you take too long?
There were never visible invasions in the game / it wasn't just disabled. The killed townspeople and added mutants were done by a mod.

It just doesn't make sense that when the deadline passes, the townspeople are still alive as if nothing happened. Yet the ending states that the mutants wiped them out. The mod additions in my opinion makes it more sensible. Although I can't figure out why the game crashes whenever I speak to the leader of the CoC members who have taken over the Followers.

Because the dialog file is fucked. Just another bug in the mod.

Guess it's better than just official patched only.
I would still suggest Ettu however. In the end its all up to you, chief

Recently I played through the game with the Restoration Mod, modifying the number of days until the invasions so I could still get the good endings for the Hub and Adytum, even after getting all the Brotherhood implants, reading enough book to get 91% on Hard in Science, Repair, First-Aid, and Outdoorsmanship. After beating the game, I went back to a previous save before heading out to the cathedral and explored the map until all the invasions had occurred.

For some strange reason, the Blades were still alive and no mutants were on their map even though they had been wiped out in a previous playthrough some time ago. The game crashed when I opened the door to the Crimson Caravan. There was still a junkie in Vance's building. My reputation took a hit in Junktown when I entered the map where Killian was and I earned experience points for my part in his murder. Some of the children in Shady Sands were still running around as if nothing had happened.

So I guess the mod is quite buggy and unstable, and thus I do not recommend using it. So I removed it.

Can somebody make a copy of the Russian Fallout 1.3.6 mod that I can drop into dos? The exe provided is for modern windows which i dont use.

Back