Dragon Age? What the hell happened to you?

Ravager69 said:
Honestly people, if you can't handle this game, it means something is wrong on YOUR part. With some effort, I got past the ogre after the second time, it wasn't half as hard as people say it would (playing with the 1.01a patch on normal). If you're not careful, then yes, you can get killed by some random dudes, but hey - that's what life is, isn't it? Just because you're good it won't guarantee you success every time. Quit whining or perhaps don't play a rogue\mage if you aren't experienced with the game enough (as most people I've talked to who have problems with the game does).

Didn't 1.01 patch lower the difficulty? Although I'm playing on 1.00 and it's still not too bad i the main story.

Dialogues are mostly very enjoyable, characters feel alive and are well-crafted. It ain't Planescape Torment, but at last Bioware realised that making 10 conversation options giving you 2 or 3 responses from the NPC isn't such a grand idea. Also, lots of people will respond to your race and origin and I mean lots. For example, when I hit the Dalish camp when the proper game starts, everyone recognized me as a part of their community and treated me accordingly.

Well, the reactions based on race are more or less well done. I'm kind of sad that there's no alignment though. For all I know I could be eating babies (or wait I can't, since I can't attack friendlies), but well, I found that the different dialogue options have very little effect on the outside world other than your party. And that gets negated by the gifts.

Tycn said:
If anyone else plays the mage, take the cold line instead of fire. It's far superior from what I've gathered. There are plenty of useless talents, but the descriptions aren't detailed enough to tell until you've taken them.

Well, cold is great until you decide to fight revenants. So perhaps fire is a better option. Still, Morrigan comes with two cold spells, and can be developed that way.

I sadly agree about the skills. The descriptions are usually pretty poorly written. Most of it was because they wanted the game to be "more simple", but some of it is sheer stupidity. The first would be not telling the percentage chances for stun, or how much the Threaten or Taunt actually increase hostility (I often had a character using both, and no hostiles attacking him), etc. The second would be spell descriptions like for "mind blast":

The caster projects a wave of telekinetic force that stuns enemies caught in the sphere.

It's terrible design. For one, why is there a need for spell target if the spell is AoE centered on caster? And then, why does the spell description not say so?

Lazy bastard. Yes, it has been released. You might get an idea for whether it's worth it if you read the last page.

But if you really don't want to, it depends on your standards really. It's somewhere above NWN but far below BG2. Still decent overall with possibility of mods and decent length.

I was gonna buy it, but when I heard that you pretty much don't get the full game but are offered to buy some DLC's to get all quests I lost interest pretty fast. that's really retarded if you ask me.

You get the full game - there's only two pieces of DLC out now and one of them comes with the game. Apparently they're just releasing more content NWN style - it certainly doesn't feel like there's anything has been removed from the game.

What pisses me off is that my DLC doesn't work and there's a ten page thread on biowhore forums about the problem but none of the devs have said a thing. Not even acknowledging the issue.

hmm, maybe it's not as bad as it first sounded like then. I'm still curious about it, so... dunno, I'll have to think over it again I guess.

has it been patched yet? any known gamebreaking bugs?

What a goddamn disappointment. :|

w0gpr6.jpg

Yes people lack taste on the internet, that doesn't mean I can't tell them when they are being fucking retarded.

Having different tastes or higher standards is being fucking retarded? Kay.

Also being disappointed and liking the game are not mutually exclusive. It's quite rare for any AAA game to fail to be disappointing.

Well, it's the marketing department's fault for presenting this as "Baldur's Gate 3" when it's something completely unrelated.

The DLC shit is fucking annoying. I spend 5 minutes to talk to the guy only to find out that all he does is try to sell me some crap. Fabulous.

It also feels like the game is pretty short. If all it's going to be is the 4 main quests plus some sort of ending, it'll be pretty lame. That's like, one chapter's worth of stuff in BG.

Tycn said:
There is a patch (1.01a) that addresses a few minor things. Such as making the game slightly easier.

seriously? is this an optional decrease in difficulty or is it forced upon you?

from what i understand the patch makes it easier on the consoles..

but for the PC the easy setting is easier and the normal is harder

creates a bigger disparity between them and lots of comments that it already had a large disparity.

Its been good so far, like the challenge. Playing on hard. (PC)

Damn, that part where you go to the tower to light the signal, First floor was quite challenging, took me honestly at least 10 tries before advancing, and ogre was somewhat difficult too, which i ended up kiting to death. I simply didnt have the firepower to go head on.

Also i really like the fact that i picked up traps as one of the skills for the main char, its been really usefull.

What irritates me is that you cant queue comands fo your companions, giving one command at a time and pausing every 2 seconds gets old rather fast, and i was also hoping for more freeroam style advancing, maybe even map to explore. Bioware seems to have stuck to their kotor style "key locations in any order" type of advancing.

But as i said its otherwise nice game, better than ME so far.

I completed it on normal and I thought it was really easy, just pull smaller forces at a time and aggro control and you're set.

generalissimofurioso said:
Apparently, it's like Night and Day according to people.

It's funny how even the mostly console-oriented reviewers are admitting this.

eh?
guess it's like playing fallout 1 with a controller.

Back