Ending Video Problem

DarkNoise

First time out of the vault
I finally finished the game for the third time today.. and I didn't cheat even one stimpack or anything, finally did it 100% legit (i know, it took me long enough). But now I've hit a problem that I received both other times i beat the game. I thought it may have been due to hacking, but i've since formatted my comp and not a single cheat has been used in F2 since.

Basically what happens, is the ending video will be in the middle of describing events in a certain area then just cut off without finishing. This happens on all but maybe two or three of the places. I have the game fully installed (last two times it was running off CD). And my computer more than meets the requirements (AMD 1ghz, 512ram, 32mb geforce2, windowsme). I used to use Win98, and the second time was in Win98SE. Please, ANY help is appreciated. If no one here can help I'll take it to Interplay direct.

Me tinking...

Do you mean that you miss out some "what happens to this place" description? Well...if you don't enter the hub and the followers of the apocolypse after 80 days have passed you don't get an ending for them. Same thing goes for Junktown if you kill both Killian and Gizmo.

that's kind of what happens, only the narration will be right in the middle of a sentence, then just cut off. it's obvious there's more to what he's going to say as he is in mid-sentence, but then it just jumps right to the next story.

That happens to me, too. It's one of the foibles of FO on newer machines. It does that on the death screen, too. Try running the game in compatability mode.

Windows XP... I played a lot of fallout on ME and it worked fine. Started to happen after OS change. Perhaps it has something to do with sound drivers, I hear a slight jitter when it cuts off, the same thing I hear from talking heads.

i have exactly the same problem, both in Fallout 1 and Fallout 2. i have windows XP, DX9, P4 2.4B cpu and i'm using GF4 ti4600 card. back when i had PIII 450 and Voodoo 3 everything worked nicely. im running in compatibility mode (without it the game wont even start), but no use. i sure hope somebody knows what fixes this problem. :(

Jinxed said:
Windows XP... I played a lot of fallout on ME and it worked fine. Started to happen after OS change. Perhaps it has something to do with sound drivers, I hear a slight jitter when it cuts off, the same thing I hear from talking heads.
Well I have WinMe and I've got the same problem. Talking heads are alright however and there is no jittering when the endings cut. I have Celeron 1Ghz, 256SDRAM, MSI GeForce2 MX, Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI.

hey

I have the same problem, with p4 1.8 ghz 512 ram Geforce3 ti200 running Win2kpro. I think that there no restrictor type thing on those scenes were it tell how fast they should run and it is only based on how fast your computer can run them, basically the same logic of old DOS games. So if that the case maybe a mo slow type program could fix it?

Problem with Endgame Slideshow FO1

So when I beat the game by exiting the Military base, the game shows the movie where you see the vats getting destroyed
then it goes into the slideshow like it's supposed to,
but for some reason the slides fly across and the audio is cut off for each one after a split second so I don't find out what happens at the end.
has anyone else encountered this problem? How do you fix it?

I am running the Macplay version of FO1 on a new macbook using OSX, but a friend of mine ran into the same problem on his dell laptop running XP.

Yeah. So this solution doesn't really apply to me, because as I stated in my previous post I am running OSX. I guess no endgame vids for me.

phr34ky5tyl3y said:
Yeah. So this solution doesn't really apply to me, because as I stated in my previous post I am running OSX. I guess no endgame vids for me.

Hey, don't get your spirit down, maybe someone will yet answer...

This happened to me too and basically what I had to do was open my video card settings and turn hardware acceleration OFF.

I found the solution online and it was a long time ago, but that's basically what I had to do.... I'm no techie, and I can't remember the exact steps, but I think that covers it. I reloaded my saved game and replayed the final scene again and this time, no skipping, no interruption.

Hope that works for someone.

chubbykipper said:
This happened to me too and basically what I had to do was open my video card settings and turn hardware acceleration OFF.

I found the solution online and it was a long time ago, but that's basically what I had to do.... I'm no techie, and I can't remember the exact steps, but I think that covers it. I reloaded my saved game and replayed the final scene again and this time, no skipping, no interruption.

Or turn sound hardware acceleration off. Both in DirectX.

Silencer, why'd you merge it into the one thread without the solution in it? And why can I still not merge?

Maybe something similar can be done in Mac OS X.

Sander said:
chubbykipper said:

Or turn sound hardware acceleration off. Both in DirectX.

Silencer, why'd you merge it into the one thread without the solution in it? And why can I still not merge?

Maybe something similar can be done in Mac OS X.

Yes, Direct X, that's the one. That's precisely it.

And it worked, too.

Ending bugged on fast computer

Im having this problem with both Fallout 1&2, on my modern computer the endings are "skipping".

Instead of the pictures with monologue, the pictures all just flash along in seconds, and the speech is cut off.

Any suggestions?

Back