Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unkillable Cat

Unkillable Cat Mildly Dipped

Jan 5, 2004
    More minor bugs, nothing game-breaking so far:

EDIT: Added new bug.

Primitive Tribe:

# The fisherwoman in the map by the sea is carrying a knife, but the knife cannot be stolen from her, as it is too heavy.

# The "barrier" that's in place to prevent the camera from scrolling too far into certain directions is börked in the cave to the hunting grounds. In the large open space in the end of the cave, I have to keep skirting the cave's left edge, but when I reach high enough I can suddenly move the camera east. Seems like there's a "don't scroll" point in the wrong place somewhere around the point where the cave takes a left turn.

# If you leave the hunting cave via its exit so that you re-appear in the sea map, the camera is centered on the cavern entrance, but too far to the left, so that you see a black bar of nothingness on the left. Furthermore, this börks up the "don't scroll" barriers so that normally accessible areas become inaccessible (to the cursor) and vice versa. The map can still be exited to the east, and will return to normal if you enter it from the village.

# When talking to Krom and you ask him about the village, both of your replies have the same text, even though one of them takes you back one branch in the dialogue tree, while the other exists the conversation.

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I've got a bug in Broken Hills: After I got the letter from the dead people, I talk with Francis about it. After the dialog is over and the mutant wants to leave, the game crashs. I've tested this three times.

Also there is a follower bug with Marcus. He came with me, even when I got a full party. After I kicked out someone, I couldn't get 'em back into my party (so it seems like there is a missing condition check in Marcus dialog).

3. Dravean

Dravean Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Mar 6, 2005
    When I was beta-testing, I suggested to Killap that the metal pole might be too difficult to find. I had a feeling a lot of people would be getting stuck at that part.

4. el_jefe_of_ny

el_jefe_of_ny Still Mildly Glowing

Jan 6, 2010
    Anyone who just tried new Unofficial patch with sfall notice how you can't change resolutions in windows 7 64 bit without it crashing to desktop?

16bit switch works, nothing else does.

5. martynas.t

martynas.t First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2007
    Thank you.

6. SPC

SPC First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2007
    An entry in the ddraw.ini suggests there is an option to highlight objects on the ground. is that right? Which key is it? Asterisk?

";A key to press to toggle the highlighting of all items on the ground on the current map
    ToggleItemHighlightsKey=42"

This would be helpful in some situations.

7. Szadou

Szadou First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    Is it just me or did the addition of new scenery to the well in the Primitive Tribe make the quest involving it unsolvable? I can't use the bucket on the well, and the place where the rope showed up after attaching it to the well in RP 1.2 is now filled with scenery. Or am I doing something wrong?

Also, why doesn't my character notice that the stimpaks were tampered with during examination? So he's intelligent enough to notice that the deal is too good, but he can't use his high Science (102%) and/or Doctor (75%) skill to check the stimpaks itself when examining the crate? So disappointing. Especially since afterwards Krom just squirts out a little of the "stimpak juice" onto his hand and instantly deduces that it's brahmin blood. I mean come on! That's enough Doctor to get the medical tour from Dr Troy and more than enough Science to convince Myron that Jet addiction can be cured. But it's not enough to see through a cheap play made by some trader trying too fool "stupid" tribals? Just bugs me, that's all.

EDIT: Okay, so I forgot I need to talk to the guy by the well before being able to use the bucket... DERP. :mrgreen:

8. Tony Brasco

Tony Brasco First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2010
    Yes, the ghouls leave if you blow up the reactor. I don't know for sure can you get the part (and thus the car) if you blow up the reactor and don't have the car part in your inventory.

9. Tony Brasco

Tony Brasco First time out of the vault

Mar 11, 2010
    That is left shift. I noticed it by accident during the game, and man, that is a good feature!

10. The Regular One

The Regular One First time out of the vault

Mar 25, 2009
    What happens to the Highwayman once you've experienced the Navarro bug, I know you can get a fix but I just want to know what happens cause I slaughtered everyone downstairs with the bozar and saved then left for my semi-holiday.

11. Nevill

Nevill First time out of the vault

Mar 14, 2007
    Try these:
    WorldMapFPS=24
    ForceLowResolutionTimer=1
    WorldMapEncounterFix=1
    WorldMapEncounterRate=10
    WorldMapDelay=0

If this doesn't work try *lowering* EncounterRate value.

And of course set WorldMapFPSPatch to 0 for these settings to take effect.

12. ciechan

ciechan First time out of the vault

Dec 5, 2009
    I believe it is not the case here. Vic clearly says he can't join the party because there is no room for him (I had 5 points of charisma and Sulik + Cassidy in the party)

13. joochian

joochian It Wandered In From the Wastes

Apr 1, 2010
    @redding,
    when going to face frog morton, i took the grid from morningstar camp, to avoid lousy rats and mutated beast.. reaching frog morton's hideout door.. it was trapped with explosive.. and when it exploded..the game crashed out.. black screen..

i suspect it may be the new explosion animation that is making it crash.. anyone else get it?

14. Dravean

Mar 6, 2005
    [spoiler:7b3f1b9130]It is possible to determine that they're fake by examining them, but I'm not sure what skill requirements killap set for that to work.[/spoiler:7b3f1b9130]

15. Szadou

Szadou First time out of the vault

Apr 2, 2010
    I thought that maybe my PE is too low, since it's only 7. Imma Falche and find out. :]

Yep, that extra point of Perception does the trick. It should be lowered IMHO. If it's enough to notice the rattling vent in Vault 8, it should be enough to notice that the stimpaks are filled with blood. Especially if you get the option to say the deal seems shady.

16. heodien

heodien It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 22, 2006
    Is there a way to get infinite party members with this mod?
    Thanks

17. martynas.t

martynas.t First time out of the vault

Nov 12, 2007
    If this was posted before, i am sorry.
    Start of the game.
    Female character, gifted, sex appeal. The game start. I do this:
    Esc, esc, click - the screen goes black and i appear at the tent - finished the temple of trials. 600 exp, 15 karma reward. :roll:

18. UnoriginalPizza

UnoriginalPizza First time out of the vault

Feb 5, 2010
    I've been taking things slow(hate missing things, gotta do everything) but I have done the primitive tribe, and I love the dialogue changes, much more fallout-esque(sp).

for some reason, I keep crashing though. I've crashed 3 times now, once after talking to the head warrior in the primitive tribe(side note:I don't know the exact topic, but the reply list to one of his topics you can ask him is just 2, one to go back, and another to go back XD I clicked the top one, left dialogue and it crashed) The other time, I don't recall, I just know I crashed 3 times, and I just crashed once again in combat at the slave camp(a few seconds after I took a nasty slug of 36 damage and fell to the ground)

I figure the 2nd also had something to do with the prim. tribe/slave camp thing, but I can't remember what it was

19. Dravean

Mar 6, 2005
    Why thank you.

20. drizzt561

drizzt561 First time out of the vault

Mar 30, 2010
    You need 6 charisma to get a third follower. # of followers = ( cha / 2 ) and it is rounded down, so a 5 cha is 2.5, rounded down to 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.