Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.0 (Unofficial FO2 Expansion)

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by killap, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raakiszh Siraahtze

Raakiszh Siraahtze First time out of the vault

Apr 10, 2008
    One question guys: How can I have both the Megamod AND the RP installed at the same time? Is it even possible?

I'm not saying that I want them to BOTH work simultaneously, rather that I want to be able to switch between them. Like having one character on the RP and another character on the MM.

2. SPC

SPC First time out of the vault

Jan 20, 2007
    Just make two separate Fallout 2 installations.

3. Raakiszh Siraahtze

Apr 10, 2008
    I guess I could do that. Didn't think it was possible though. Thanks!

EDIT
    Just as I thought, I can't install the game twice.

4. HarpsS1ngh

HarpsS1ngh First time out of the vault

May 4, 2006
    Yeah you can, install in two different folders or drives.

5. Darek

Darek is currently unavailable

Jan 7, 2008
  6. Surf Solar

Surf Solar So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Aug 20, 2009
    Hello, first I want to say that I really like the RP so far. :) Third time I play it, and first time for me with the 2.0 one. Thanks to kilap so! :)
    Also, .Pixote did a good job at remaking the maps, some are a bit "over the top", but most of them are very beautiful.

Now, to my "complaint", can it be that the weapon sound of the .223 pistol and 14mm pistol is TOO LOUD? Or has it been changed already? I got the latest update, but the soudn still is too loud. :/

7. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Everyone needs to remember that the this pistol sound is an option in the installer, you voluntarily installed it. :P

Anyway, the sound will be much softer in 2.1, so no worries there.

8. Raakiszh Siraahtze

Apr 10, 2008
    No, the menu won't allow me to install twice.

Thanks, but I found the Megamod to be too much of a hassle (IE it didn't work for me).

Now I've got another problem, this time specifically RP-related. I got this error while using a pistol for the first time, missing a rat. It's on the Keeng Rat map.
    http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/9611/fallouterror.jpg

9. stormtrooper2161

stormtrooper2161 First time out of the vault

Jun 12, 2010
    Hello

First of all, great job with this restoration project thing. Made a big game bigger, which was basically what Fallout 1 needed badly.

On topic though, I played it thought with the D and apart from the obvious bugs (some of which, as I noticed, seem to have been fixed in E) there are a couple more.

Not exactly sure though, but it seems like the Floaters are too much of a pain the buttocks, weak but nigh indestructible, not really a complaint, but since they can't harm us, what's the point of having to waste zillions of ammo then.

Moving on, had minor party disappearing bugs when I wanted to clear a location on my own (and to save ammo, as party really loves to burst on rats et al.) but when i returned, there was no party in sight. Happened more than once......

Also, how compatible this thing is with other things. I found somewhere that dog(meat)s and Marcus CAN have armour with some sort of special mod thing, would that work without a fresh install, same question goes to all other mods (for example, the E upgrade to D, while waiting for 2.1)

Which brings me to my final question in this post. Beware, there ARE spoilers.

In the Enclave, the President was supposed to have with him that keycard thing. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but, you probably guessed, there was NOTHING of the sorts, both on the living president (steal) or the dead eqvivalent. The latter causes swarms of grunts to storm in his office and (eventually) burn me, and since the super stim death didnt work, I for now have no idea how to finish that other than the way I did it before which is to go all out on Frank while his turrets target that Enclave crack team.

10. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    - The floaters may poison you very badly, they CAN harm us. Besides, with one or two well-aimed shots, you may dispatch any nasty floater. Save your ammo! :)

[spoiler:a2ed5f7557]- In the final battle without passkey: if the enclave troops join you, try pump them with jet/psycho and watch the show. Especially sgt. Granite can do miracles with his pulse gun, so give him some superstims during the battle and keep him alive.[/spoiler:a2ed5f7557]

11. HarpsS1ngh

HarpsS1ngh First time out of the vault

May 4, 2006
    Don't use the menu. Manually install fallout into a seperate folder. It works.

12. lucas.

lucas. Still Mildly Glowing

Jun 7, 2010

13. smilodom

smilodom Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 17, 2008

14. Recon Rover Rick

Recon Rover Rick It Wandered In From the Wastes

Aug 21, 2008

15. killap

killap Bear Dude Moderator Modder

May 16, 2005
    Yeah, that was a mistake with the enhanced maps. This has been corrected for 2.1.

@everyone
    I may just release 2.1 next week, even if I don't get the fix I wanted in. The issue at hand is having the quest log properly scroll for more quests than can fit on one page. The current implementation in sfall has a bug that is being looked into. We'll see what happens.

16. MapHtH

MapHtH First time out of the vault

Dec 24, 2004
    Umm, please don't. I mean, if we could wait for 2.0 as long as we have, so can we wait for a bit longer for 2.1 to be more perfect. I'm willing to wait some longer until all the things are settled. It would be a bit dumb to release a small fix just after 2.1 has been released to address that issue with sfall.

But then again, this is just my personal opinion.

17. valcik

valcik So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs

Dec 20, 2008
    Agreeed. Take your time, killap, don't rush! All nasty bugs must be squashed. :falloutonline:

18. Golan2072

Golan2072 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Sep 1, 2005
    I prefer to wait a few more weeks (or even months) for v2.1 but have it solve more bugs than have it released next week with some unsolved bugs. Take your time, Killap, you're doing an excellent job! :)

19. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    I don't. I'm glad killap will release it next week. I mean, you can still wait a bit for this 2.1a quest bugfix which will prolly be released after. It's good if there's a choice of playing it or waiting for 1 bugfix.

20. Sephis

Sephis It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 29, 2010
    Which ever choice you make Killap I'm sure you'll give it the same love and care that makes your releases something all of us wait for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.