Fallout 2 mod Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.3.3 (Unofficial Expansion)

It is also possible to get the above-Stage 5 NPC protos in vanilla, if you enable the parameter in ddraw.ini for it... Maybe it'd have been better to have the companions always start at Stage 1 (Lvl. 2) to avoid the problem altogether?

When I'm playing the game at 1920x1080 with 2x scaling, the screen seems to be divided into squares with a thin border around each one. Is there any solution to this?

Does your monitor support such a resolution, perhaps? I know I can go up to 1680x1050 on mine... but not higher, it wouldn't make sense to use a screen resolution higher than what your monitor supports! :wink:

Okay, I'm not sure whether to put this here or in the Unofficial Patch thread, but I plan to do my every-few-years replay of Fallout 2 later this year and I was wondering if the NPC placement in random encounters has been altered at all from its completely weird formations of wedges, straight lines, hexagons, etc.? It was just so much more realistic in Fallout 1 (except Radscorpion encounters)

I found a fix to my problem, and it was to just switch the graphics mode from DirectX9 to Direct Draw 7. Has anyone else had my problem with DirectX 9?

That's weird, I thought it'd work. Does it work for me because I use DirectX 9 mode?
i use it too
i figured out that it needs to be edited by the button "manually edit config" in exe of f2res
thanks a lot, man :wink:

btw can someone give an advice about unarmed fight, is it better to use special attacks like jab or to take spiked knukles?

Last edited:
That's weird, I thought it'd work. Does it work for me because I use DirectX 9 mode?
i use it too
i figured out that it needs to be edited by the button "manually edit config" in exe of f2res
thanks a lot, man :wink:

btw can someone give an advice about unarmed fight, is it better to use special attacks like jab or to take spiked knukles?
Heh, I guess problems like this arise from the use of UAC. I personally don't use it in addition to not installing in Program Files.

Special HtH attacks are up to you, though taking the Bonus HtH Attacks perk lets you perform any such attacks at a -1 AP discount.

I think the Duntons are bugged. Sometimes the Dunton I click says he's Buck, sometimes he says he's Chuck (I'm sure I'm not repeatedly clicking the same one). Also they seem to share inventory, whether I trade with one or another, their inventory items are the same.
I'm not using anything else except 2.3.3 RP.

I think the Duntons are bugged. Sometimes the Dunton I click says he's Buck, sometimes he says he's Chuck (I'm sure I'm not repeatedly clicking the same one). Also they seem to share inventory, whether I trade with one or another, their inventory items are the same.
I'm not using anything else except 2.3.3 RP.
No, it's not. Because they both share the same script, and the script sets their name randomly when you talk to them.
Check KCDUNTON.SSL from script sources if you have any doubt.

Back