Fallout 4 Launch Trailer

Discussion in 'NMA News and Information' started by 13pm, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Walpknut

Walpknut This ghoul has seen it all

Dec 30, 2010
    Pillars sold 10 million dollars in copies on the first week or something like that. That's the opposite of not doing very well.

2. phipboy

phipboy Newly elected overseer

Oct 2, 2015
    Chris Avellone is doing stuff for Divinity Original Sin 2 at the moment so perhaps after that he'll do something different. Maybe he will join Obsidian who knows.

It would actually be cool to see Obsidian do a new post-apocalyptic game similar to Fallout. I don't even care if it won't be perfect, just a decent post-apocalyptic isometric RPG would be cool.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  3. AskWazzup

AskWazzup Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Aug 21, 2008
    "As of October 2015, the game has sold 500,000 copies". Is this good for a kickstarter?

4. sampson70

sampson70 Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2009
    Exactly! This trailer should have come out least a month ago.pretty bad marketing imo,but I'm sure it will sill sale like crazy. Thing is ,I'm noticing people who were on the fence are now team FO4 after this trailer dropped tho.

5. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    20 Million on STEAM sales alone from a 4 million dollar budget. The numbers on that page don't take GOG into account so the number must be even higher. It was among the Top Sellers on Steam for a full month too.

6. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
    I did hear that their linux port wasn't selling a lot but the game in general should be doing fine. They even said that it saved them from shutting down pretty much.

7. kostjamoscow

kostjamoscow It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 22, 2015
    Pillars is an amazing game. Really deserves all the money it makes.

8. Joshua

Joshua Hate Newspapers

Nov 5, 2015
    After watching the trailer, I cannot believe that there was a time where I thought Fallout 4 would be great because it would built on all the improvements made in New Vegas.

The naivety of youth.

• [Like] [Like] x 2
  9. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    Apparently the game reached 500,000 global sales 2 weeks ago(including the people that supported kickstarter). It may seem bad but considering it is a kickstart game with a pretty low budget, it is good.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pillars-of-eternity-reaches-new-sales-milestone/1100-6431677/

10. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
    Apparently John Gonzalez did leave Obsidian after the release of New Vegas it seems.

11. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015
    he is working on Horizon Zero Dawn now

12. sampson70

sampson70 Still Mildly Glowing

Dec 1, 2009
    Actually not at all,especially since it connects to one of the better side quest in 3.Maybe you know more about the story from leaks,I only watched the perk reveled video,so maybe you can tell me why you feel it's story is forced?

13. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    We don't know the specifics of the story yet, if we are going to go from premise alone then every story is stupid. I don't have much hopes for it being great or allowing for much options, but we gotta be fair. We do know that the start of the game lacks any kind of narrative direction until you reach Diamond city because of the lack of any other real settlement.
    At the very least we know there is some for of conspiracy going on in Diamond City. We have to wait until the leakers get farther in or until we play it to judge it.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  14. banned85

banned85 First time out of the vault

Jan 16, 2015
    i will be playing it and masturbating second hand.

15. Kilus

Kilus Not Australian Orderite

May 3, 2003
    Those sorts of questions are like "would you like to go *insert your favourite holiday destination*", of course the answer is always yes. Want isn't a limiting factor but ability(in a project management sense). Obsidian has a lot of projects is the air and they will only do another Fallout game if they can balance that with what they are doing.

16. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015
    Finally somebody who understands it

17. Jedasd

Jedasd It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 31, 2015
    I bet a big percentage of the players will feel the need. Both versions of the Sole Survivor had a perfect bottom in the trailers.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  18. Walpknut

Dec 30, 2010
    Eh... White people asses, they are like the Mcdonalds of asses.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  19. phipboy

Oct 2, 2015
    "Forced" in a sense that they try to make the player care for the story or "force" the player to be a part of it. To fit into it. There's constantly gonna be some talk of this synth bullshit related to the player or close to the player that also interrupts gameplay. I guarantee it. These lines speak for themselves...

Female protagonist: "Everything can change in an instant, whether or not you're ready"

Male protagonist: "This wasn't the world I wanted, but it was the one I found myself in" "This time I'm ready"

etc.

There was a scene from one of the leaked videos which also appears to be in the Launch Trailer where there was this guy who was held at gun point and insisted that he wasn't a synth. This type of stuff happens during normal gameplay too it seems.

The way the story is presented just feels overly dramatic, that's all.

• [Like] [Like] x 1
  20. kostjamoscow

Oct 22, 2015
    http://youtu.be/oEWLrZgjaq0

A fan made this about Godd Howard.

(I know most people here hate Todd Howard, but it's just a small fun video.)