Fallout D20 - is fan-made on-line RPG, based on NWN2

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by MrNixon, Jan 24, 2011.

1. x'il

x'il Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Mar 3, 2009
    Shi, 'space' Enclave, Aliens, Ceasar's Legion... some of the worst ideas ever on the Fallout setting... i'm sorry but it sounds very bad. :shrug:

2. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Hopefully its the first draft... :wink:

3. MrNixon

MrNixon It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 24, 2011

1. Don't worry, the majority of common player would not even found Enclave military base... That I mention concerned faction scripting. Enclave and Shi stuff is for hi level players... u need play months before get into it.
    2. This is all about Van Buren setting.
    3. U can aways build your own Fallout ) That one I do and spent time/money - is just for my fan :wink:

4. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011

FALLOUT D20: INSTALLATION
    1. Install "Neverwinter Nights 2" to directory named "Fallout D20".
    2. Run "nwupdate.exe" at "Fallout D20" folder and autoupdate your NWN2 up to the last version.
    3. Install "Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of Betrayer" expansion pack.
    4. Run "nwupdate.exe" at "Fallout D20" folder and autoupdate your NWN2:MoB up to the last version.
    5. Install "Neverwinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir" expansion pack.
    6. Run "nwupdate.exe" at "Fallout D20" folder and autoupdate your NWN2:SoZ up to the last version.
    7. Clean "FalloutD20\portraits" and "FalloutD20\Override" directories (if there are any files).
    8. Download "Fallout D20" core versions with "Save as…" option.
    9. Extract core versions of "Fallout D20" to "Fallout D20" folder one by one rewriting original "Neverwinter Nights 2" files.
    10. Create shortcut from "nwn2main.exe" at "Fallout D20" folder, name that shortcut "Fallout D20" and place whatever you like… Then just click it and join the club :)

FALLOUT D20: CORE VERSIONS – LINKS TO DOWNLOAD
    - Fallout D20 v.001 (1,44 GB): http://falloutd20.zlo.in/FalloutD20v001.7z

5. Asmodan

Asmodan First time out of the vault

Sep 2, 2009
    It is absolute enough to install nwn2, then MoB and SoZ and finally patch it once to the latest version.

6. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    Right, man!

7. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
  8. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Carbon Dated and Proud
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009
    Pretty impressive stuff Mr.Nixon...

9. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    .Pixote., Thanks!

Btw, we will change temporary loading screens art to in game cinematic scrinshots. But not due to any reasons except for - we've made some tests and out screens cooler than art )

10. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    The Twin Mothers area in progress:

11. sydney_roo

sydney_roo Still Mildly Glowing

Nov 24, 2008
    Hey, MrNixon! That's some very impressive stuff you've posted there, sir! I myself can't wait to play it. Don't know if I'm very fond of the story told by your team but I am sure it's just an initial draft. Hell, when I look at those screens I thought "Man, that's how Fallout 3 should've looked like. Best luck to ya in future endeavors.

PS: Awful nice credits video. I'm a total bitch for Dylan's music.

12. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    sydney_roo, thanks! Hope, in a month or so - you can feel this place by yourself during tests.

13. Asmodan

Asmodan First time out of the vault

Sep 2, 2009
    Very nice screenshots. Good Work. :ok:

14. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    Hello, guys! For those, who don't follow my blog yet: we've completed the work on player available armors and clothes. Here they are below for your fun :)

Keep in mind, that head-gear we will create separately and it could be equipped separately to armor. Except for full-armor, like Radiation Suit. Moreover keeping - power armors need Power Armor perk to equip them, and that perk, in general, is only available for prestige-classes (faction based), like Enclave or BoS, or for special hi-level builds (I'll be watching on really hi requirements to take that perk by non-faction char).

15. RoseKilla

RoseKilla First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2009
    Agreed. No offence MrNixon, the screenies are fabulous, i really want to see how it turns out.

But the story which you provided.... I just don't know, it doesn't seem right, it sounds like...."Fallout 3 2" to me. I just want you to give advice, don't flame on me if don't like it. Just develop new factions. Recycling the old ones maybe is easier, faster path, but I rather play a fallout mod that is better even then officially made game, than something that clones Fo3 in spirit.

16. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    RoseKilla, agree. You've understood me wrong. Just look at storyline of Fallout World in 15 y. after Fallout 2, select New Mexico 4 states and you will know the general situation about game storyline.

I don't like F3 either and I'm trying to keep in F1/2 concept.

17. RoseKilla

RoseKilla First time out of the vault

Aug 7, 2009
    This is good.
    Well I checked VaultWiki & still doesn't seem to get it. Maybe I'm just stupid. I understand that 4-states is Legion's teritory, but that's about it.

(btw, if it's in NewMexico, is there a chance of seeing the Reservation? Also isn't the city of Roswell in the real-life NewMexico?)

18. MrNixon

Jan 24, 2011
    Of course! This is one of the 3 next inhabitable places we are working on.

19. SHADOW-XIII

SHADOW-XIII First time out of the vault

Nov 19, 2007
    damn, I might end up buying NWN2 for that :)

20. smilodom

smilodom Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Apr 17, 2008
    There is no weight indicated what about that?