Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

My guess was that these files are already there, because - well, they are used in the et Tu encounter map. But maybe Fo2 (or the RP) assigned them differently... So it's not as simple as I thought... like everything else this far, so I shouldn't be suprised. :D

Last edited:
Nope, there are some Fo2 scenery missing - different rock types which don't exist in Fo1.

1 single missing proto (scenery, critter, item, or anything) is already enough to make the map crash. Sadly the debugging tools aren't exactly Captain Obvious-style, so finding and fixing issues like that is hard work.

Last edited:
@Lexx
I've seen in github today that You've enabled ObjCanSeeObjShootThroughfix=1

Be aware it has rather *unpleasant* consequences in Fallout1 /1in2 game.

In the Old Town Hub map there are some raiders in building next to spawn point. The building has two windows at the spawn point, Luckily when player spawns He/She is covered by party members so when the objcanseeobjshoothroughfix is enabled the fight doesnt start right away. but simply mooving few hexes without high sneak on causes the raiders to attack ( even on first map load). This is sort of hard especially at first visit, when one is still undergeared. Those raiders use 10mm SMGs and Combat Shotgun. The Combat Shotgun guy can shoot twice per turn. for Low level player this means certain death unless avoided. Those raiders are meant to be tackled at a later point by design ( at least after shopping at Jake's shop and after getting *at least* Combat Armor). Also getting the initiate too early might prevent you from getting the Power Armor for this quest (as You wouldn't get the quest at all).

I had fixed the Oldtown and Heights map issues when enabling ObjCanSeeObjShootThroughfix. I reverted it later for other reasons, though (I didn't like taking away the ability to shoot through the windows).

Rescuing the initiate shouldn't block you from getting the power armor. I always free him way before I'm anywhere close to the BoS (usually at ~level 4, before I head to Necropolis). Don't remember if there was a bug in Fo1, but here you still can get the power armor as reward.

Well, perhaps I screwed something in the dialogue that only time I took care of raiders before taking the quest waay back in Fo1 (didn't even read Per's walkthrough back then to actually know that i can get this quest and how to get it) even though did not care much, as back then NPC's couldn't change armor.

EDIT:
In current iteration rev.1791 Vance seemes to be still selling stuff cheaper than nominal value, rest of the merchants seem to be doing ok. the exception of Vance might be due to the fact that he has no barter skill set as he has no original proto and uses a common thug proto:

00000223 proto id (thug) is the model used by vance. Btw merchants in random encounters ask the divine rulers of modding, to help them too, to make a profit on bartering as right now they the random encounter merchants realize they themselfs are retarded and sell cheaper than purchase.

Last edited:
Started a new run yesterday and noticed that I couldn't tell Razlo about Tandis kidnapping - there was no dialogue option for it. He normally provides you with some minor items to help you out. Was the script changed recently?

I just tried it. Talked to Seth first, then went to Aradesh who mentioned it right away. If I then say "I'll do it... for a fee.", followed by "Okay. Who could have taken her?" Aradesh is giving me a spear.

Tried that as well right now. Talking to him after Aradesh with "Tandi has been kidnapped." will get you one option if your INT is >= 4, and two additional options if your INT is >= 5.

He gives you items if you chose "Many people, including myself." when asked who is looking for her (INT >= 5 required).

Strange - didn't happen to me (INT 9). I came back from the radscorpion caves after clearing them out. Seth informed me that Tandi got kidnapped in the meantime. I went to Aradesh, received the spear, then went to Razlo and only had the option to give him a radscorpion tail to create an antidote (which I did). I then talked to him a second time to get to the topic of Tandis kidnapping, but nothing was available. Maybe the state of the two quests can get in the way somehow?

Could be. The Fo1 dialog start procedures are completely retarded at times.

What I'm actually way more worried about is that the Tandi quest started right after returning from the caves. There should be a delay.

Don't know what the triggers are here, but it took a while before I reached Shady Sands for the first time, as I was traveling criss-cross over 3 quadrants vertically instead in a straight line. So if it's an ingame timer, that might be the cause. If I travel to Shady directly, I usually get the quest after returning from Vault 15.

Yeh, found out what the issue was. The whole Tandi thing is a complete mess, even with all my simplifications and shit that I did with the code. It's really no surprise the game was as buggy as it was when it got released back in 1997.

Could be. The Fo1 dialog start procedures are completely retarded at times.

What I'm actually way more worried about is that the Tandi quest started right after returning from the caves. There should be a delay.

Two days, to be precise. In a "natural" playthrough one should kill the radscorpions (obligatory prerequisite for getting Tandi quest), go to the Vault 15 and on the way back visit again Shady Sands to find that Tandi was captured.

Can you implement some of these features from these? I prefer involving a mole rat hole of sorts and the hidden figurine. Also, an explanation about the vault entrance design would be sorely appreciated, I keep finding the ladder entrance irksome for some reason.

Interesting, I didn't know any of that.
What's also interesting is that most of this stuff still exists in unused scripts. I was wondering about the chair and the key (there are barely any keys in Fo1). Also the item under the bed script.

The part about the respawning rats is already in et Tu - I restored it a while ago, because it felt fancy and ultimately doesn't influence the player a lot.

Generally I feel very picky about adding such stuff, though, because I don't want to stray away too far from the original. This is exactly what I don't like about Fixt - over the years it started to become something like the Megamod for Fo2 and less of a fix-mod.

I'll think about it some more.

Last edited:
I understand your point about maintaining the feeling of originality to F1, but even then, there are some gaps that someone wishes that the original developers spent more time on and implemented rather than being an unconceived idea in the Fallout Bible here.

It's a fine line I think. For my part, I really like stuff like the Restoration Project, but I am not a big fan of the Megamod. I welcome added/restored content that was intended to be in the game, but didn't make it in due to time restrictions or similar problems in the development cycle - stuff that wasn't cut because it seemed completely out of place (Burrows... Also hate the talking deathclaws in Fo2, but oh well...) I personally think Fixt does a good job in this department and in general would prefer more restored content in addition to the benefits of the Fo2 engine. In cases were a feature can be toggled on or off, depending on preference, there is no problem at all. Fallout 1 is a great game, but it's fairly short and empty at times, so it'd be cool to have a bit more to see and do in my opinion.

I'm not aware of what content can be toggled in Megamod and what not or if every single aspect can be toggled, so that - if you want to - can disable everything and play the game without any alterations at all. If so, then where is the problem? Let's say someone modded the Burrows into Fallout 1 and I find this silly and don't want it in my game experience. I simply toggle it off. But anyone who wants to enjoy this, can do it. Win win for everybody.

(That it is a s*** ton of work to do such stuff is on a completely different page and I don't want to shoulder my hopes and wants on any modder here - I'm simply grateful to be able to enjoy their hard work and maybe give my two cents here and there.)

Last edited:
Back