Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Like I said, it's the expanded worldmap feature that increases the interface size. If your resolution isn't big enough to support it, or the feature was disabled in the ddraw.ini, the game will crash.

Guess I will disable the upscale mod as default. Kinda pains me, because the game looks a lot better with it.

PS: You aren't using the window-mode, so why the x2 upscale? Might as well just set a lower resolution to begin with.

Last edited:
So, will the number of companions you can have be determined by your Charisma like in 2? I'd imagine not since there isn't that many in this game, but I am curious.

It is, but you can disable it in the /config/fo1_settings.ini file. My personal advice is to keep it on, because it's more fun to be limited. Besides, party members now level up and get stronger, so there isn't really a reason anymore to run with the full crew.

It is, but you can disable it in the /config/fo1_settings.ini file. My personal advice is to keep it on, because it's more fun to be limited. Besides, party members now level up and get stronger, so there isn't really a reason anymore to run with the full crew.
Awesome! One of my favorite features in 2 was Charisma playing a bigger factor, so that's good to know.

Quite a promising mod.

Any plans to add:

1. Alternate ways to complete some old quests?

2. Some extra sexual encounters and/or sex titles like one could get in Fallout 2?(with some use for said titles/perks or different dialogues)

3. New conversations unlocked thanks to high enough Intelligence, Perception or Charisma?

4. Restored content like NPCs, quests, endings or weapons?

5. New perks or ones from Fallout 2?

6. Some weapons from Fallout 2?

1. No or very unlikely.
2. Hell no.
3. No.
4. Likely not. The stuff that is currently cut from the game is of very sketchy quality and really shows why it was cut in the first place. Take the Followers spy-quest as example... the writing is horribly unfinished.
5. Already in.
6. Already in.

At this point generally the idea is to keep the game as "clean" and true to the original as possible. Bigger additions can / should be put into into extra mod folders whenever possible. Personally I very likely will not work on any big expansions, because I don't have the time for that, even though I have plenty ideas for stuff that could be done.

1. No or very unlikely.
2. Hell no.
3. No.
4. Likely not. The stuff that is currently cut from the game is of very sketchy quality and really shows why it was cut in the first place. Take the Followers spy-quest as example... the writing is horribly unfinished.
5. Already in.
6. Already in.

At this point generally the idea is to keep the game as "clean" and true to the original as possible. Bigger additions can / should be put into into extra mod folders whenever possible. Personally I very likely will not work on any big expansions, because I don't have the time for that, even though I have plenty ideas for stuff that could be done.

I see, are then any plans to add some new encounters (like fights with new bosses) or new original quests? Maybe use enemies that appear only in Fallout 2? Any plans for further graphics improvement like adding extra stuff to places to make it look more "alive"?

Sorry about so many questions but I was curious what to expect for now and what might yet come in the future.

I haven't read the thread as a whole, but bloody hell for some reason I got trouble downloading the latest build. Anybody knows what's up? Using ethernet cable is very slow, while wifi is better but still getting to a point where no data is being download (it just shows 0 B/s).

Edit: Fuck it, I just tethered my laptop to my phone's hotspot and used my 4G data to download it, a small price to pay for incline. Thank you, and see you later build(s)/full release.

Last edited:
I see, are then any plans to add some new encounters (like fights with new bosses) or new original quests? Maybe use enemies that appear only in Fallout 2? Any plans for further graphics improvement like adding extra stuff to places to make it look more "alive"?

Sorry about so many questions but I was curious what to expect for now and what might yet come in the future.
I've added Geckos and Spore Plants into the random encounter pool. I figured they don't hurt the vanilla Fo1 experience.
They aren't as common as the Fo1 stuff, but will show up from time to time.

I'm not going to add new quests, etc. but the project is open source, so if someone wants to make a mod for it, nothing is in the way. Unlike the Fallout 1 engine, we can now do almost anything we want.

@Black Angel I did also noticed some god awful speed from Git the past few days. No idea what's up with that.

I've added Geckos and Spore Plants into the random encounter pool. I figured they don't hurt the vanilla Fo1 experience.
They aren't as common as the Fo1 stuff, but will show up from time to time.

I'm not going to add new quests, etc. but the project is open source, so if someone wants to make a mod for it, nothing is in the way. Unlike the Fallout 1 engine, we can now do almost anything we want.

@Black Angel I did also noticed some god awful speed from Git the past few days. No idea what's up with that.

Thanks for the answers and looking forward to future versions of Fallout et tu :ok:

A few questions I had from exploring the project so far:
1. Is ddraw.rotators.dll loaded as is, or is it included as an alternate option (i.e. the default ddraw.dll should be removed, and ddraw.rotators.dll should be renamed to ddraw.dll)?
2. Is ddraw.fo1in2.ini used at all, or is it just included as a reference for the relevant values in ddraw.ini?
3. Is there any way to get fully smooth cursor movement in game? In all honesty, it's been forever since I've played Fallout 1 or 2, so I might simply not remember the cursor movement being as jittery as it is.
4. Is there any way to get movies working with sfall's dx9 graphics mode? Is there any real reason to use sfall's dx9 over f2res's? (The main reason I've been playing around with them is I've noticed some screen tearing, so I was hoping for a way to eliminate it)
In any case, I'm very glad I found this before starting a new run of the game, and love what I've seen so far!

1. Is ddraw.rotators.dll loaded as is, or is it included as an alternate option (i.e. the default ddraw.dll should be removed, and ddraw.rotators.dll should be renamed to ddraw.dll)?
It's a nightly build which is autocommited to repo, and might not be even (fully) tested by us yet. It might crash/freeze game, it might break scripts, etc. Once we confirm nothing of that happens, it's copied to ddraw.dll.

In future we might go back to ddraw.dll being vanilla sfall and ddraw.rotators.dll being more or less customized version (or completely gone). In all cases, it's never included in any official release, and should be ignored if you simply want to enjoy a game :)

2. Is ddraw.fo1in2.ini used at all, or is it just included as a reference for the relevant values in ddraw.ini?
Just reference.

Last edited:
With Lexx's latest commit (https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/commit/ab0acc4b6f1b7ead836509889858d418d29204ec), the default config given now is fullscreen windowed. However, unfortunately, this configuration (in my experience at least, on Windows 10 with an RX 580 at 1080p) has many potential issues:
1. Without changing anything, the game fails to start with the message "Error initializing video mode [f2_res.ini resolution]"
2. Changing graphics_mode in f2_res to 2 gets the game to run, but only at native res (which, for most modern resolutions, is far too small)
3. At 1080p, enabling scale2x to work around 2 breaks the interface mod
4. Changing graphics_mode in ddraw.ini to 4 or 5 instead, and leaving f2_res at 0, allows stretching lower f2_res resolution to fullscreen windowed, but breaks movie playback (see screenshot)
Maybe this is just an issue on my end, but assuming people have to deal with one of these issues, I don't know if the current defaults should be kept

Attachments

• Fallout2_2020_01_20_23_28_48_902.png
    Fallout2_2020_01_20_23_28_48_902.png
    42 KB · Views: 647
I just switched to win10 and it's the first time I had to deal with this stuff. Based on some google research it seems many are suffering the same issues as I (alt+tab is broken on win10), thus I considered changing the default behavior. The way it is now on the repo is how it runs as good as it gets on my machine.

Truth told, this looks like a can of worms where whatever you do, it will not work correctly for some, which is annoying as hell.

For example, running the game in window mode with a manually resized window made it so the TMA interface gets misaligned... never had this issue with win7.

The interface issues could be fixed with creating them based on existing window coordinates (PipBoy / Dialog interface), but as far as I am aware, that is currently not possible.

tldr - I don't know what to do about this.

I'm guessing I could revert the setting changes and if someone has alt+tab issues, they have to set it manually.

@Lexx This conversion mod will contain whole "Fallout Fixt" by @Sduibek so you are working together (or in cooperation at least) on this project, is it correct?

No, that's not correct. When I was starting with it, this mod used FIXT(2) as a base, but by now it's very different. There are still some Fixt-features in it, but lots has been changed and / or reverted to vanilla Fo1 behavior.

At this point it doesn't have much in common with the Fo1 Fixt mod.

Last edited:
Keeping them seperate is a good idea, people who like lots of extras can go to FIXT, and people who prefer a more authentic experience can use Fallout et tu...

Now for some music.

Will you add "baby radscorpions"? I was thinking it might be a good low tier enemy. And then you get to meet the bigger radscorpions later.

Like say for example that the radscorpion cave would mostly contain the small ones and a few big ones.

Also, ants?

Will you add "baby radscorpions"?

Already in the game since a few versions. They have a lower chance to appear in random encounters. I was thinking about adding them to the scorpion cave, but felt it would change the difficulty too much, as they are much weaker. Just replacing the visuals for the sake of it would be lame af, imo.

Ants as critters are in the game, but not used anywhere right now.

I've been musing recently and I came to conclusion that something shoud be done about shady sands trader.

1. He is FIXT addition ( not present originally in vanilla Fo1 )
2.He has loads of stuff in his backpack ready to be pickpocketed from.

So I figured eigther he and his bodyguard should be removed completely, *or* his stock get's mooved offscreen and not reside in his backpack.
The latter seemes to be the option of correct implementation of him in the first place. He's sepose to be trades man for the village, and not another source to hoard stuff from.

On a side note, were there yesterday (thursday) some problems with git repository? as I couldn't download tortoisesvn update error 504 whatever that was... also got a BSOD while downloading the update. (critical system component shutdown)

Back