Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You do realise I'm not the guy whining about problems after stealing?
I'm just saying that after the point this guy is in game, aredash is still important to talk to.

I am well aware and my point still stands. There is nothing I can do about it right now - blame Interplay folks for writing crappy scripts left and right.

Hightower's box is fixed. Don't know what to do with the Armor Destroy mod, it works for me right now.

/Edit: Neal is fixed as well. He's just missing the dialog strings, otherwise he really gives out free drinks without any limitations. Guess I should think about adding a limit to this in some way.

Last edited:
Of the top of my head:
- Shivs, Sharpened Spear, etc.
- Pipe Rifle
- .44 revolver
- the Jackhammer
- Fn-Fal
- p90
- Grease Gun
- Bozar (super rare)
- Pulse Pistol (nerfed a lot - intended as high-end energy weapon for one-handed players)
- Solar Scorcher (special encounter)
- Laser Rifle (ext. cap - intended as high-end energy weapon alternative. Fits well, especially because the turbo plasma is so op, it dwarfs everything)

The weapons aren't exactly hidden, so if you don't run through the world being 100% blind, you should stumble over them. Except for the Bozar, which is super rare. The chance to buy that one from the Gunrunners increase dramatically after finishing the game, though.
Additionally, the weapon names and descriptions have been adapted based on a mod made by Tagaziel years ago so they will fit better into the world of Fo1. Example: The Fn-Fal is now the Advanced Assault Rifle, etc.

Last edited:
I saw pipe rifle sold at Shady Sands trader.

EDIT: Killian can sell sawoff shotgun. My first visit there doesnt find it, but on 2nd return, 80 days later, he spawned that. No doubleshot mode for that one or pure shotguns though.

Khans got two sharpened spears, which is the only group got this kind of weapon so far.

The Raiders at Irwin Farm got .44 revolver, which is the reliable place so far for it.

Grease gun in the hand of Boneyard's combatants, and sold in Gunrunners. I dont remember the Hub's merchant like Jacob stock it. This is the upgrade after SMG, though you can find or buy combat shotgun at The Hub. The somewhat rare encounter with gangs around Boneyard can spot one or two guys wielding grease gun. A rare chance (require very high luck) can have Adytum merchant stock this. But the bottleneck is .45 caliber bullets. It's rare as hell and you are going to stock this for quite a while just to burst it all off in a few battle.

Jacob and Gunrunners quite rarely stock jackhammer. And with my single digit barter, I have to sell almost all of my inventory to get one~ They never stock Bozaar in my two games of trading with them. But turn out it's a matter of high luck, as Luck10 build get this twice in a short period.

Saw Laser Rifle ext cap at Military Base, no earlier. Its extended range does provide alternative to where the Turbo Plasma Rifle cant reach, like, to shoot at Rocket/Minigun Super Mutant from extended range. So there's a chance the rockets/minigun would miss.

The pulse pistol, also at Mariposa, is of lesser utility to my Jinxed Luck2 game even without the nerf: we quite likely meet destroyed weapon events. Katja lose 2 so far. So without spares, this usage of pulse pistol is numbered in days~ Also ONE laser pistol with magneto lens.

A small thing of note is assault rifle with expanded mag. i dont remember it's from a locker, or from a robobrain. but I got out of Mariposa with a couple of them. Also highest luck can have gunrunners spawn this.

Zip Gun, which is basic energy gun, is in the hands of random encounter gangs around Boneyard, which I dont meet anywhere else. But at that time we probabbly already had plasma pistol from Necropolis, or Gunrunner. Zip gun will only be useful if player ever do a straight run from the Hub to boneyard AND get a Zip gun gang right then. So it's of use from there until necropolis.

Last edited:
so, er...any hints on where to get started for that motorcycle? It seems I need to put some parts together like the car in Fallout 2. I found something I thought would fit into the bike but the game ain't letting me do squat with it.

You can buy it from the ghoul. If the ghoul is dead, then
go into the building next to him and walk around near the red armchair until you get a message log entry.
It's a bit non-obvious right now. I'll improve it some day in the future.

You know there is an event/encounter in Fallout 2 mark the car running out of energy?

Why not make an encounter zone on the map marking "bike out of energy" north of Necropolis? And when we getting out of Necropolis, we can discover in that zone Griffit getting eaten by giant radscorpions (say 20) beside an empty-fuel bike?

Because if we help Griffit but not getting anything in return, you are punishing players on the Good path.

You get lots of good karma and 1k experience points in return for a small energy cell. Besides, players "on the good path" get rarely punished for what they do, so I see no reason not to for once. Your idea would go down the same way - suddenly it is the best path, because it costs you nothing but an energy cell. No money, no negative karma, nothing. :>

The whole thing will be reworked some day. Right now I don't have the time.

Last edited:
In which case, you could have balanced it somehow.

Griffit stranded on a town somewhere, say the Hub with Harold or Boneyard. Then he sold you the location where he hid that out-of-fuel bike for 2000 (he should have given you that, but well, a lone ghoul in a strange town gotta make a living).

So the player still get the bike in his good path, paying for it all the way. A long and winding road but with good end. Instead of just forking out 2k right there and then and end that portion of quest.

1000xp, some karma, bah~ You said it as if it's some deserving reward for good deed.

Last edited:
In which case, you could have balanced it somehow.

Griffit stranded on a town somewhere, say the Hub with Harold or Boneyard. Then he sold you the location where he hid that out-of-fuel bike for 2000 (he should have given you that, but well, a lone ghoul in a strange town gotta make a living).

So the player still get the bike in his good path, paying for it all the way. A long and winding road but with good end. Instead of just forking out 2k right there and then and end that portion of quest.

1000xp, some karma, bah~ You said it as if it's some deserving reward for good deed.

C'mon man
it's a brand new feature, never seen i Fo1 before, and You complain it's not exactly how You dreamed it out...
Be gratefull the devs implemented it in the first place instead of whineing.
We could've got nothing at all, but theese guys volunteered to do some charity work for us all, and yet all You do is whine.
Go on a bug/glitch/issue hunt playthrough, If You want to do something usefull to contribute to the project.

As it goes for me I'm sort of ready to start farting with rainbow whenever i moove, because of the fact I'm beaming with joy, thanks to this feature, and lot's of otheres beeing in the game.

Not all things in life turn out as we want them to be. Same with Fallout, it wasn't sepose to be all black and white like in Starwars games or like Bethesda made Fallout to be. On the contrary the moral choices were sepose to be hard and sometimes with no good ending at all.

This is not so much complain as just a honest feedback on a new feature/quest.

If I want that bike that much, I would have reloaded right then and there, no need to follow further on that path.

If I dont state my criticism with that much commitment, how strong would my point be?
---------------
On a separate note: Unarmed. Seem new unarmed attack mode doesnt provide bonus damage.

IIRC, Fallout2 unarmed skill change the damage (show in inventory) of the new strong punch/hammer punch when the new attack mode become available right?

Like, punch was shown in inventory as 1-4 dmg (because my char has bonus melee dmg 2)
and hammer punch should show as 1-9 dmg (because bonus melee dmg 2, and hammer punch add a bonus 5)
and jab should show as 1-7 (because bonus melee dmg 2, and jab add a bonus 3)

But as of now, inventory show from start as 1-4. WHich mean it show the calculation with bonus melee damage only. NOT the new bonus add with new attack mode. I also feel that the unarmed attack is coming WITHOUT the new attack mode damage bonus.

IIRC, Fallout2 unarmed skill change the damage (show in inventory) of the new strong punch/hammer punch when the new attack mode become available right?
No, the bonus damage from special unarmed attacks is never displayed in inventory as an addition to your "max" damage. They are applied during damage calculation.
The only thing changed is the bonus from Bonus HtH Damage is now applied in the same way as Bonus Ranged Damage (+2 damage during calculation), not just increase the max damage by 2 (equals to only one point on average for each level). So without enabling DisplayBonusDamage in ddraw.ini, your unarmed damage displayed in the inventory will stay the same no matter how many levels of Bonus HtH Damage perk you have.

things in life turn out as we want them to be. Same with Fallout, it wasn't sepose to be all black and white like in Starwars games or like Bethesda made Fallout to be.

What? The original Fallout is pure black and white morality, unless you think choosing between siding with a genetic monstrosity who wants to rule the world or killing him is some kind of grey moral choice. You should probably take advantage of the fact Et Tu is now on version 1.0 and replay Fallout 1 if you don't believe in that.

No, the bonus damage from special unarmed attacks is never displayed in inventory as an addition to your "max" damage. They are applied during damage calculation.
The only thing changed is the bonus from Bonus HtH Damage is now applied in the same way as Bonus Ranged Damage (+2 damage during calculation), not just increase the max damage by 2 (equals to only one point on average for each level). So without enabling DisplayBonusDamage in ddraw.ini, your unarmed damage displayed in the inventory will stay the same no matter how many levels of Bonus HtH Damage perk you have.

I mean the bonus from Hammer Hand type and Jab type of unarmed attack, not BHTHD perk.

I remember, once upon a time, I was quite excited with the new shiny attacks.

I didn't change anything related to HtH combat, so what you're seeing is how it's done in Fo2.

There seems to be a lot of new encounters compared to vanilla Fo1 : I just met a merchant who took me to Adytum even before reaching Junktown for the first time... Or maybe my memory betrays me?

Back