Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Changes to the ddraw.ini take effect after restarting the game.

fo1_settings.ini changes take effect after reloading a savegame / starting the game. Except for timer changes, because these would break the game.
Changing the car settings works as long as you did not visit a map with it yet. Otherwise it will break the game.

Restart a New Game with Jinxed Unarmed Luck2 Gifted build.

This time, weirdly enough the bad effects with Jinxed turn up quite a big notch. Crit missed and cripple my arms/legs are quite common. (Which is why I tagged Doctor).

Rescue Tandi. I chose to buy her release instead of fighting Garl for her. The last time I did that, Garl disappeared from the zone (logical, I agree, because he lose face among raiders for that). But that means when I massacre them, there's one missing, which is annoying.

I buy Tandi release, get out of the raiders zone (for 500xp reward). Then I reverse-steal her with a 10mm pistol and a Vault 13 suit to see if she would use that... No luck, it seem (@Lexx, can it be possible? I thought the armors.ini has her capable of that?) Do we have any mod that turn Tandi into a controllable NPC like Katja or whomever~

The massacre itself require a bit of tactical thinking because Tandi is quite aggressive, running forward to stick it in raiders. What with her paper AC and paltry knife, I chose to go from the back door, through the 2 guards, into the house. Cleaning up nicely, then I go back the way I came in. This time we go from the camp smith on the leftside, to the right side. Slow and steady We (PC, Tandi, Ian, Tycho, and Dogmeat) sweep the place clean.

(@Lexx, can it be possible? I thought the armors.ini has her capable of that?) Do we have any mod that turn Tandi into a controllable NPC like Katja or whomever~

There is no mod for that right now. Technically anything is possible, just needs someone to do that.

Doctors bug??

It seems no doctor can heal crippled injuries right now. I havent checked generic COC healers, but all teh name doctor (minus Lorri in BoS) plus V13 medic cant heal cripple.
--
Note: Tandi count against the companions. The rescue mission force her onto our party, and if you send her back right away, so it's not apparent. But once I bring her to Boneyard to get Katja, it's a No for my Charisma9 character (7+2Mentat).

EDIT: actually Katja is a good template for Tandi, I think. We only need her to fight, carry inventory, customize for combats and that's it. How about copy all Katja's protos files for Tandi, change the name and call it a day?

Last edited:
Semi-bug about Gunrunner merchant (and Hub's Jacob to a small extent)

They sell high class weaponry so some items can be very pricey. But in some particular case, like a low-carryweight character at middle game, teh customer just cant bring enough items to trade for, due to low weight plus low price items. BUT they do have enough items, carried in their companions' inventory.

That issue can be solved by increase spare bottlecaps in that shop. So such customer can sell items in several turns until they have enough spare caps to buy.

With Gunrunner, they might need at the level of 15k minimum.

Last edited:
What do you mean the bike cant carry all of my party?

What's the point of buying a motorbike that can not take all my large party?

I tell you what, it is to buy a muscle machine to carry all that loot.

See this?
114a8c2f45ad1711636221c045a7e15a.jpg

Failing that, we have this
a-person-rides-a-scooter-with-a-very-heavy-load-of-goods-commonly-M624YF.jpg

Or this
maxresdefault.jpg

With huge load like that, speed is at crawling level, which is fine, because POST APOCALYPTIC world baby~ High speed equal hitting obstacles equal death.

Please note that Fallout 2 party is much larger than can fit into a highwayman car. Marcus alone equal three humans, and Goris 2.

@Lexx can you tell me how energy weapon skill of both Katja and Ian?

I am thinking of setting themselves up with plasma pistol and maybe later on with laser rifles.

I note that at level 3, Ian shoot straight with normal guns, but the plasma pistol is sometimes off the mark.

Because Ian isn't skilled to use energy weapons, same as in Fo1.
I've only added energy weapons skill points to Katja every few levels, because otherwise she is quite useless when you get her.

@ghost2238 I'm running exagear rpg on android. I'm able to run alot of programs especially win XP types, but not .net and i've tried till my eyes bleed to get mono, which I guess emulates mono, to work to no avail. It's not a big deal, but i'd like to play fallout 1 on the fallout 2 engine. Is there something preventing having an undat program made without the .net requirements?

@ghost2238 I'm running exagear rpg on android. I'm able to run alot of programs especially win XP types, but not .net and i've tried till my eyes bleed to get mono, which I guess emulates mono, to work to no avail. It's not a big deal, but i'd like to play fallout 1 on the fallout 2 engine. Is there something preventing having an undat program made without the .net requirements?

Nothing prevents it, in fact most of the undat tools are not written in .NET. The reason why the graphical extractor was written with it is that I'm very familiar with C# and WinForms and thus able to work fast with it. It's also a rather thin wrapper around the native Win32 API, meaning it's not so bloated compared to a lot of other solutions.

dat2.exe was written in C++, not .NET. Maybe you can do the extraction on a Windows or Linux system and then copy the files to the exagear filesystem somehow?

If not, try some other tools (F1 Dat Explorer or F1 Undat maybe): https://fodev.net/files/mirrors/teamx-utils/!_INDEX_en.html#dat

Apparently Fixt changed the "strikes" from 2 to 1, so after stealing from him once, he will be aggressive the next time you talk to him. I'll change it back to 2 strikes + on third time he will attack. Other than that the code looks fine to me... the voiced floating text feels odd, though. Guess I never tried stealing from Aradesh before.

tl;dr - you kinda fucked up. Luckily Aradesh isn't exactly important, so you're not missing out anything with not talking to him anymore.

Just to clarify what happened, i tried to steal from him, he said something like "Hey dont touch that" i went shit, saved and stole again, succeded. then talked to him o get the radscorpion cave quest, all worked fine and went and cleared the cave, when i came back for "reward" that wierd message happened and he was agressive.

As Far as I'm aware You won't be able to play certain Fallout games on ExaGear RPG. as some ( including Fo: et tu *require* the use of ddraw.dll and f2_res.dll and unless I'm missing a piece of the puzzle ExaGear RPG is unable to load ddraw.dll and f2_res.dll as additional libraries. As far as I know such override is only possible using winecfg in ExaGear Windows Emulator. Besides Eltechs pulled all of their stuff from playstore so if one wants to get something they made then it's Varez talk. I assume such talk is only via PM as Varez stuff is strictly prohibited by forum rules. One guy already spoke with me on how to run Fo:1.5 Resurrection on android and i explained him how to do it, however aquiring ExaGear Windows Emulator was something between him and google to search for as I don't provide piracy links.

Now I don't know how many other .dll's is Fo:et tu also dependant from, however they all need to be added in winecfg override tab.

Besides Installing dx9 Net frameworks and VC++ libraries under Exagear Windows Emulator is a piece of cake it can even emulate windows 10 if you wat it to. although don't expect to run modern games at decent speed. Also dx11 and dx12 and dx3d or vulkan are only possible via 3rd party hacks and don't run 2 well.

tl:dr

as far as I'm aware Runing Fo1in2 is something ExaGear RPG can't do.

Last edited:
This mod needs Sfall. If you can't run the ddraw.dll, then it simply won't work. Same goes for almost all Fo2 mods nowadays, by the way. Some are hit harder than others, but generally tl;dr is - if you can't run Sfall, don't even try running new Fo2 mods.

Back