Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You can tell Dogmeat to wait right? Also do companions level up like in the fixt?
Obviously. That mutt wait right on the surface. Not because I dont have enough CHA, but because he's dog meat to super mutant's minigun fire, or rocket, or plasma fire, or gatling lazer, or electricfying force field.

Seriously, that mutt's bites are 2-5 damage in case the hit go through. Its' only use is to attract enemies attention and block their way.

Mutt is strictly early-middle game only. Keeping it alive is a challenge, no more.

NOTE: these penalties will also apply/work for your party members and your enemies. :)
I could be mistaken but enemies don't have enough skill points even with vanilla penalties to go for called shots on you, anyway :P

I can't even recall the last time an enemy precision shot actually killed me. On the other hand, plenty of deaths came from enemies with high tier weapons or even Ian's SMG shenanigans.

So in the end, I'm confident this will almost exclusively affect the player.

Note: energy weapon exploding is the coolest~

The plasma pistol exploding? it's blue fire dancing of death.
The turbo plasma rifle exploding? it's blue fire dancing of death for the whole party. 50 damage each when they are crowding together. it's the highest exploding effect I've experienced.

I bet not a lot of people seeing this unless they purposefully play a Jinxed Luck2. normal rate of occurence would be too slow.

With a tiny delay, because death is trying to get to me, v1.1 has just been released.

mI3M6pk.png

Changelog:
  • Added: Fo2-styled cavern mountain maps with random enemy and loot spawn (Optional).
  • Added: A new mining site cavern encounter map with various sets of scenery types.
  • Added: Fallout 1 barter formula mod. If you don't want to play with Fallout 2's barter formula, then this mod will revert it back to the mostly broken Fo1 version.
  • Added: More german dialog files translated, thanks to NMA user @Matt Drax
  • Added: Additional warning message for the Interface Upscale-mod, in case 'Scaling x2' is enabled and the screen resolution is too low.
  • Added: The game will end itself after critical warning popups (using Interface Upscaled mod with wrong resolution, etc).
  • Added: Blue cave wall variants of Fo2's mine interior walls.
  • Added: Blue colored cobweb, cave <-> desert transition tiles, and "water on cavewall" scenery objects.
  • Added: Fo1-styled German party member control settings interface graphic.
  • Added: Fo2 Deathclaw Spawn critter (used in random cavern encounter).
  • Added: Healing at doctors now also heals crippled limbs.
  • Added: The Gecko Skinning perk can now be obtained from a random encounter.
  • Added: A new toggle option for Fallout 2 critter in encounter maps (Geckos, etc) can be found in the fo1_settings.ini file.
  • Added: Using Nuka-Cola gives a bottle cap.
  • Added: Critical failures in dehydration-type encounters will add temporary debuff effects to the player.
  • Fixed: Armor Destroy mod will now destroy critter armors on map enter and not on critter death.
  • Fixed: Added some generic "I don't know"-lines for Harold when asking keywords he knows nothing about.
  • Fixed: "Aradesh is furious" dialog string was something about human armor. Probably another Fixt-remnant.
  • Fixed: "You see: x" for party members.
  • Fixed: A possible crash when attacking Adytum with the Blades while a caravan is still in town and about to be deleted (Issue #31).
  • Fixed: After defeating the Khans Raiders and returning to their location, the player would get negative Karma.
  • Fixed: After getting the "Free Drinks"-reward from Neal in the Skum Pitt, his dialog options would still show caps, even though the drinks are free.
  • Fixed: Ant critters are now unaffected by the Animal Friend perk.
  • Fixed: Aradesh will grant the player two strikes for stealing from him, not just one + whatever was going on.
  • Fixed: Blowing up generic metal doors would print a wrong message log entry.
  • Fixed: Brahmin in special encounter should behave and float text correctly now.
  • Fixed: Breaking all limbs in a random mountain encounter event would show the wrong message string.
  • Fixed: Broken colors of the death screen when using Sfall mode 4 or 5.
  • Fixed: Caleb had a couple dialog lines mixed up.
  • Fixed: Disabling the Fo2 group restriction didn't work after telling party members to wait.
  • Fixed: Fortune Finder perk was broken in so many places. It's now reverted to vanilla Fo1 behavior + removed the Fixt setting.
  • Fixed: Hightower's strongbox would explode when using the traps skill, even though the trap has been disarmed before.
  • Fixed: Honorable fight with Garl could temporary break Hero Appearance
  • Fixed: Mr. Handy companion would spawn inside the Raiders combat arena when fighting Garl over Tandi.
  • Fixed: No animation would play when attacking the Overseer and missing.
  • Fixed: Punk Girl critter death / knock down animations would revert to the default woman critter.
  • Fixed: Renamed zone Rad. Desert -> Radiated Desert
  • Fixed: Renamed zone Rad. Mountains -> Radiated Mountains
  • Fixed: Re-Enabled the TMA lines for Avellone, the bounty hunter.
  • Fixed: Smitty in Adytum would still join the player team at the wrong time.
  • Fixed: TMA "up" button effect would play the wrong sound file.
  • Fixed: Tandi will remain correctly in Team Shady Sands™ when the player first enters the town, and also switches back correctly once returned home from the Khans.
  • Fixed: The well scenery in Adytum was misaligned.
  • Fixed: Traveling merchants will now remember if their party is full or not.
  • Fixed: Traveling with NPCs was advancing waaaay too much time.
  • Fixed: Vault 13 door terminal description was showing the wrong text. (Issue #40)
  • Fixed: Waterfall on cave walls now correctly uses the animfrvr.int script.
  • Fixed: Fo1 videos will now correctly play in Sfall mode 5 (window mode - Fo2 engine bug).
  • Fixed: Looking at dead critters with "no stealing"-flag in combat would remove action points if the player is close to them (Fo2 engine bug).
  • Fixed: Money display bug in dialog screen after leaving the barter interface (Fo2 engine bug).
  • Tweaked: After getting caught stealing by Aradesh, the dialog interface will open instead of a floating text.
  • Tweaked: Morpheus' voiced "you were warned"-line will now appear in dialog and not as a float anymore.
  • Tweaked: Doubled poison damage of small radscorpions.
  • Tweaked: Nuka-Cola gives a tiny health boost.
  • Tweaked: Slightly increased encounter chances again.

As before, find the new release on GitHub / check the first post of this thread or just go here.
IMPORTANT: Because this update is adding a new worldmap location, a new game must be started, otherwise cavern / mining site maps will not work!

The Interface Upscaled-Mod is now disabled by default. Too many folks simply ignored the warning messages that would pop up and then wondered why their game was crashing. Now you'll have to enable the mod yourself in the ddraw.ini file.

About the added caverns:
This feature probably still need some better balancing. I did lots of tweaks when toying around with it, but it's still more or less just guesswork. Will see how / in what way I am adjusting it going forward from the current base.

Also worth to note:
It's now possible to use other Sfall versions (sFall-Extended, etc) with et Tu. This won't disable certain features anymore.

Last edited:
Okay, after Cathedral I would restart with a new game for this 1.1 . I must say this Jinxed Luck2 build is quite a success because it's sooooooo very different from the usual games.

note: I havent met any ant critter yet. Is it because ant is newly added to 1.1, or is that another effect of Jinxed Luck2?

Note: I might just try the old F1 barter mode. I played two games with Gifted and no investment on Barter (so it's single digit), so I wonder if it's any more broken than that.

The next game I should try Luck9 Finesee Throwing. Because throwing sounds like quite a difference as well.

Note: I might just try the old F1 barter mode. I played two games with Gifted and no investment on Barter (so it's single digit), so I wonder if it's any more broken than that.

Fallout 1's barter formula makes the barter skill so powerful, you can clean out every merchant you find. It is extremely abusive and I refused to increase that skill in the original game.

I dont raise Barter just so middle game I dont swim in loot-disposal money, broken or no broken formula.

As it is, we swim in money in late game, which is an acceptable result.

The price in Jacob's shop is not funny, especially if you are lucky enough to get a riot shotgun there. One combat armor is 16k, just for example. Gunrunner's price is better with the discount, bestest is 12k.

Last edited:
EMPHASIS: I've been getting ZERO special encounters in my two games of Luck2 Jinxed.

Conditional: I dont know if ONE single instance of brahmin herd count. I know I meet twice a brahmin driver with brahmins encounter, dont know if it count in that SE category or not.
AND my Luck10 game is swimming with good stuffs: red ryder LE, alien blaster, solar scorcher, 10k bottlecap in that SE...

Conclusion: Based on my experience, that mean SE has strong dependency on either/or Luck and/or Jinxed.

My hypothesis: Jinxed = Zero SE.
2nd hypo: low luck = low SE but the rate is too ridiculous. It mean Luck 2/3 dont meet any. I'd appreciate reports from other players with same level of luck.

Recommendation: Jinxed Luck2 is a game for veterans who know before hand of no Special Encounters. For normal players, choose either Luck2 or Jinxed, not both.

Last edited:
My hypothesis: Jinxed = Zero SE.
No, Jinxed has no effect on special encounter chance, only Luck affects the calculation.
For LK 2 you need to have Explorer w/ Ranger or Scout perks to have approximately the same chance as normal (LK 5) character w/o perks.

The price in Jacob's shop is not funny, especially if you are lucky enough to get a riot shotgun there. One combat armor is 16k, just for example. Gunrunner's price is better with the discount, bestest is 12k.
What if armor WAS supposed to be so hard to get? It's not a coincidence that Black Isles radically changed the barter skill in Fallout 2. Or that Lexx implemented armor destruction in Et Tu.

I think he is talking about the normal et Tu merchant prices there. It's Fo2's barter formula with some crazy modifiers applied to the merchants. 16k is not hard to get, though. I usually end the game with ~30k caps and I'm not even trying hard.

The problem with the Fo1 barter formula is that it's just highly broken. Take Albert the premade character and even on level 1 you can legally steal money from merchants with just selling and buying the same item over and over again because his 85% barter skill will make it possible. No idea how QA was able to overlook a serious flaw like that. Guess none of Interplay's testers every used the merchants.

I dont particular care that armor is hard to get (aside from PA and HPA). If anything, it make sure we know where the proper stuffs are, how to get it, and dont have to rely on silly shortcut to kill enemy and get his blood-stained armor for free (even Garl metal armor is not easy to get if you dont have reasonable unarmed skill and buffout). The other importance from that is the reduction of bulky loots we have to carry back to shops.

And late game? The only reason we dont swim in bottlecaps is that we used that money to clean out chems at Vance and Mitch.

The reason I stress Jacob is that when we hit a double lucky situation of a great weapon plus a combat armor, it empty our purse and loot, which make for a memorable situation.

The BoS trio of crack troop paladins in Military Base? They automatically leave once we enter level 4. So the ramification is unknown. thus we get back Dogmeat by the gate after set up base destruction with no problem

But the quartet of FoA warriors who join us once we choose to attack Cathedral? They all seem to occupy our companion slot. Thus after expending GREAT effort to keep some of them alive in the Master's Lair, it mean we can NOT take back Dogmeat. If behoove us to use petty trick to send them to their death, or LEAVE the Cathedral map once...

I know this is pretty late to be asking but @Lexx, can you set the FoA warriors to leave once we enter the level that has Master? Or once we enter level 4 with that nuke? Kinda similar to how BOS helpers withdraw?

But the quartet of FoA warriors who join us once we choose to attack Cathedral? They all seem to occupy our companion slot.

The paladins do as well. It's an engine thing.
I thought the FoA scouts would already leave when entering the Master's Lair. Guess not then. I'll add it some time in the future.

@Lexx, urgent question

Still v1.0 here and I have a problem with 4 prisoners on level 2, Master's lair.

I can not hack their forcefield, even with tagged Science at 187 (I reserve a perk and 50 skill points for emergency).Try on all panels and computers on level 2 and 3. Kill all other than Master.

Drop 6 TNT on the forcefield outside the single talkative guy. It does break that yellow field and he run out screaming free... But explode a few steps outside of his cage. And seem to have no option to talk or reverse-steal the psyche nullifiers we stole from the failed experiment guys

So based on THAT situation, how do we save those prisoners?

----------

On a separate note, about installing v1.1

Can we extract that v1.1 content over the original v1.0? Or do we have to delete v1.0 entirely, and do 1.1 in a fresh undat action?

Last edited:
No! I cant accept it!

What if I kill Master, return to level 2. Drop 4 TNT/plastic on each emitter ( I have more than 16 in total). Then run outta the elevator. Since they are to be exploded when we leave the map, that means the prisoners cant have gone out of the cages when we leave.

Lemme check my note... after my work is done in two days.

Or just use the terminal on the wall?

Even if your roleplaying works, technically the prisoners would still die. :>

Not if I can help it.

1. Science or Repair doesnt work on that terminal. Even 187 science doesnt work.

2. IT's critical to set up bomb AFTER you kill Master. Set up before, even if you successful, you still get the 4 message prisoners get killed once you retreat to level 1.

3. AFTER you kill Master, run like hell to level 2, drop explosive with default timer of 1 min each beside the emitters. To ensure success, I get the final perk to be Tag and tag Traps (10) then invest the final 50 skill points there. 4 emitters were destroyed without we hearing they prisoners say they are free.

But we know in our heart they are free~

We got a few seconds left to run the heck outta Cathedral zone.

FUCK IMPOSSIBLE MISSION!

Back