Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You sure you didn't borked anything? Because these messages should not show up at all. enddeath.txt doesn't have any of those.

/Edit: Seems like some of the conditions aren't working... these death messages should never trigger... On the other hand, I personally have never seen them, so no clue what's up again.
Downloaded the latest repo with the updated enddeath.txt, but still just got "You have have died. You'll never know what happened to your kidnapped village." or something like that. And yes, I'm pretty sure I didn't mess with anything that could have caused this.

"You have have died. You'll never know what happened to your kidnapped village."

Do you get this always or just sometimes?
I just started 5 new games and had myself get killed in various places, but I never trigger Fo2 death screens.

Can you send me your savegame?

Not even sometimes - it's either super rare or depends on some special condition. I only got it three time over I don't know how many deaths. In fact, I just tried to reproduce this: Wandered around the wasteland without any armor for about an hour, getting killed a bazillion times in several of my save games - and nothing. So, I don't know. I'm 100% sure that I got one after I pasted the updated enddeath.txt over the old one, but since then I simply cannot reproduce this. Maybe my game glitched in a weird way. I only fiddled with some item protos and inventory art (in my own separate mod folder), but remember playing with the editing tools open in the background, which sometimes caused some weird slowdown. If I get this bug again, I'll make sure to take note of the circumstances, but for now it seems like a waste of time to me to investigate it further.

Another minor thing: The holodisk you receive to enter the military base is assigned the wrong proto file. It's description is from 46600 (Password Paper) instead of 5800, so the text is wrong (although the inventory art correctly depicts a holotape).

Nah, the item description is wrong. 58 is a generic holodisk. I changed it months ago for technical reasons. But now I saw that the original proto apparently was 231 ...
I've reverted the stuff to 231.

Version 1.2 is now available. Not as big as v1.1 but I figured it makes no sense to sit on these changes any longer.

release_v1.2035.png

Changelog:
  • Added: A new "Fo2-style environmental lighting"-option has been added to the fo1_settings.ini file (Winter days are shorter, summer days are longer, etc ... disabled by default).
  • Added: Alternative item rewards from Talus and Mathia can now be toggled in fo1_settings.ini file (enabled by default).
    - Laser Pistol -> Magneto-Laser Pistol
    - Power Fist -> Mega Power Fist
    - Ripper -> Super Sledgehammer
  • Added: It is now possible to enabled/disable the Shady Sands merchant (added by Fixt) in the fo1_settings.ini file (enabled by default).
  • Added: Flares now respawn on the Shady Sands merchant.
  • Added: The Cathedral merchant is now also affected by the "Fo2-style merchant restocking" option.
  • Added: Using the science skill on the prisoner terminal in the Master's Lair will now also toggle the force fields on / off.
  • Added: Wild Dogs now have a chance to spawn as hostile mobs inside caves.
  • Added: Zip-Gun (low-tier energy pistol) is now available at Jacob in the Hub and the merchant in Shady Sands.
  • Fixed: After returning the water chip, "Calm the Rebels" and "Find the Water Thief" quests will only show as completed if the player actually started them.
  • Fixed: Destroying the Cathedral / Military Base will now always correctly strike out the quest entries in the PipBoy.
  • Fixed: Cost calculations of the CoC doctor in Junktown wasn't rounding the result.
  • Fixed: Dogmeat will now correctly start with 50hp.
  • Fixed: The duplicated beginning/end frame of the male leather jacket critter running animation has been removed. (Issue #62)
  • Fixed: Fire Geckos now get their flame breath from critter script instead of the map script on critter creation. (Issue #53)
  • Fixed: Lorraine in Adytum was showing odd dialog when the player talked to her again.
  • Fixed: Marcelle in Junktown won't spawn a new shotgun on ever map enter.
  • Fixed: Mutants in Mariposa would not be removed correctly from the entrance map when applying the "radio trick" and leaving the map early.
  • Fixed: Saul in Junktown had wrong mood / reaction values set.
  • Fixed: Cabbot at the Brotherhood of Steel had wrong mood / reaction values set.
  • Fixed: Some doors in the Brotherhood bunker were using the wrong script (door.int -> metldoor.int).
  • Fixed: Super Mutant Lieutenant proto didn't have the "special death"-flag set.
  • Fixed: The traps behind Set in Necropolis create a fireball and area-damage effect again when exploding.
  • Fixed: Wu in the Children's Cathedral won't sell his emblem anymore.
  • Tweaked: Changed the way the "Fo2-style merchant restocking"-mechanic works: The default Fo1 inventory will always load first, later the restocking is applied.
  • Tweaked: Added Vault doors as "metal"-type to generic door scripts.
  • Tweaked: Mrs. Staple in the Hub will now respawn her books in vanilla-style again. With the Fo2 merchant restocking mode enabled, her money amount will follow the new restocking rules. The related Fixt-settings have been removed.
  • Tweaked: Spore plant encounters now have a chance to additionally spawn a group of mantis.

That's it. As always, find the new release on GitHub / check the first post of this thread or just go here.
Oh and of course Sfall has been updated to the latest release.

Last edited:
Fixed: Wu in the Children's Cathedral won't sell his emblem anymore.
Actually I'm not sure if this really is a fix. After all, one could argue that it is a viable way of obtaining the key (if you can't steal it somewhere for whatever reason). IMO it would not go against Wu's character to just sell his emblem for some money.

So I'm considering to revert this.

You failed the check, no chance for you.
You need > 3 charisma and have to win a speech skill roll.

You failed the check, no chance for you.
I knew this was going to happen so I saved before talking to the cops. But everytime I tried they say get out of here. Did I failed the check with Bob or the check is with the cops? Also I'm having a trouble with invasion days. I can't disable the necropolis invasion. I changed the days before I started the game yet necropolis still gets invaded is there something I can do about it? And final question can I upgrade the bike?

Edit: popped tons of mentats and got it done thanks for telling me about charisma check

Last edited:
The check is with the sheriff.

About Necropolis, did you kill Harry and his friends at the Watershed? I just realized that this might activate the timer again (30 days) because of the way the mechanic works.

About the bike,
talk to Smitty in Adytum.

The check is with the sheriff.

About Necropolis, did you kill Harry and his friends at the Watershed? I just realized that this might activate the timer again (30 days) because of the way the mechanic works.

About the bike,
talk to Smitty in Adytum.
Yeah I did kill Harry I always do. I didn't know about the 30 days thing.

The normal Necropolis timer is 110 days. Harry and Co. are the vanguard of the invasion - if you kill them, the timer will be lowered to 30 days (unless the timer is already at < 30 days). Right now, this will set the timer even if you disabled it in the settings. It'll be fixed in the next version.

That's interesting. I always read that the second necropolis timer was a new one that was always 30 days. So it just lowers it to 30 if it's greater?

Speaking of the invasions, the only stop condition is killing the Master, correct? Destroying the military base doesn't affect the invasions?

Hey It's me again sorry for bothering. How can I complete the followers of the apocalypse spy quest? I talk to the ghoul but he doesn't give me the quest for the spy

There is no spy quest. The writing was abysmal, so I removed whatever Fixt added.

To get the good FoA ending, you have to
keep Nicole and Laura alive. That means, before you blow up the Cathedral, you have to identify Laura as a FoA contact and make her leave the Cathedral.

That's interesting. I always read that the second necropolis timer was a new one that was always 30 days. So it just lowers it to 30 if it's greater?
It doesn't really make sense to increase the timer if it is < 30 days.
Don't remember how it was in vanilla Fo1 -- if this was indeed the case there, then I'd consider it a bug fixed.

There is no spy quest. The writing was abysmal, so I removed whatever Fixt added.

To get the good FoA ending, you have to
keep Nicole and Laura alive. That means, before you blow up the Cathedral, you have to identify Laura as a FoA contact and make her leave the Cathedral.

It doesn't really make sense to increase the timer if it is < 30 days.
Don't remember how it was in vanilla Fo1 -- if this was indeed the case there, then I'd consider it a bug fixed.

@Lexx
the two timers for necropolis were originally:
first timer:
-110 days from the begining of the game

second timer:
-30 days *after* killing Harry&co. This is *not* 30 days from beginning of the game down from 110 after killing Harry&co. but instead if 110 days haven't passed (and won't within the next 30 days) the second timer get's triggered.

Fixt had the option to disable both timers in the installer.

Back