Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@Lexx
after the Fix to the bug unlimited party members can't join party when told to wait, Now I'm having an issue to recruit IAN after telling him to wait (and I'm CH10 and no other party member present.. WTF?!). Latest svn revision.

Attachments

Haven't tested Katja yet. Currently I'm in hub, so far I've checked Ian and dogmeat (while safecracking killians safe), and it seemes to work well.

EDIT:
Man the speed that reported bugs get's fixed is awesome ... thank You.

This is great! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

It makes me very happy to see the engine conversion finished, opening Fallout to the larger modding community of Fallout 2 modders! (and the various new possibilities/features/functions that come along with Fallout 2 engine of course).

@Lexx:
1) Is there any reason for me to leave up and accessible the old engine conversion files? i.e. Jordan's and mine from the old threads.

2) I'm thinking it might be better to just make the OP of that thread point to this thread. (http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fo1-to-fo2-conversion-for-real.179809/)
Seems cleaner in the long run to just link to this one, since it's actually finished. No reason for me to keep working on that one since this exists now.

3) Should I delete https://github.com/Sduibek/fo1tofo2 ? Again I don't see any reason for leaving it up, other than accidentally causing confusion / duplicate work.

4) Saw your comments about some (most? all? lol) of my code being awful and I totally agree. There's a reason I didn't become a programmer as my day job. :wall::lol:

Last edited:
This is great! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Thanks, it was a lot work.

1) No, this is all garbage now. Throw it away. /Edit: Wipe noted that deleting repos is "meh" - so maybe if you have the space or don't mind it, the files could stay up.

2) Probably a note in the beginning of the thread. The rest should stay as a remainder from things long ago.

3) Yes, like in 1), all deprecated now.

4) No offense, but truth told, this was one of the biggest pains, because there is so much stuff that wasn't clear or just confusing and I had to rage from time to time. We fixed a lot of that in the past two months - while the code is still not "up to Fo2 standards", I think it's a much better base now. Honestly, the most infuriating thing was the lack of headers for *anything* even after all those years. :>

It was also buggy - bugs that I've noticed before even in my last Fo1 playthrough.
Some of the fixes I did could possibly also be moved back into Fo1, like the missing Blades when attacking Adytum (before talking to Zimmermann), or the issue with the Junktown fight ring not starting at 14:00, etc.

At the end of the day, though, without the Fixt sources it woul have been much harder to get a first version *running* at all.

PS: I'm likely moving this project into beta status next weekend.

Last edited:
1) Is there any reason for me to leave up and accessible the old engine conversion files?
3) Should I delete https://github.com/Sduibek/fo1tofo2 ?
How about archiving repo(s) [Settings -> Archive this repository] and adding big red this is not a repo you looking for? There still might be something useful out there. Maybe some docs, maybe some tools, i have no idea what's there honestly :D (except old Rotators doc and encounters map which was quite useful when working on our worldmap implementation).

I wouldn't throw it all away; i still keep finding repos abandoned years ago, but having that one little thing (tiny function, comment, actual exe instead of dead links, etc.) which saves my butt when working on something more or less related. Or the other way around - stuff which i forgot i wrote is used in some new project for any reason.
One man's trash is another man's treasure; we was able to track lot of old stuff back to over 10 years old threads on obscure russian forums - would be a shame to brake that chain now :)

4) Saw your comments about some (most? all? lol) of my code being awful and I totally agree.
Oh man, i could write a book or two with simple "WHY?!" as a title ;>

For example, i'll never understand why someone went thru hundreds of scripts leaving comments about values, instead of simply replacing them with defines...
But here's the thing - that forced us to automate such changes, just to understand what author had in mind. Those comments was pretty valuable when our tool was still in early stage, and helped to squash dozens of bugs, just by being there -- it's like you wrote tests for app which didn't exists yet :>

Long story short - awful fixt code helped to create a tool making decompiled scripts readable by actual humans. At this point we're able to take most of random [decompiled or not] scripts and automagically rewrite them to be compatibile with defines/macros used in our mod. Quite a time saver when we had to include vanilla scripts, wouldn't be possible without fixt being fixt. I'm planning to release it soon, so hopefuly it will help others to save time when remaking/fixing mods which never released script sources.

Last edited:
@Lexx
got some bugs.

1. Hightower's strongbox displays trap disarmed constantly after continously searching for traps instead no traps found (One can't actually tell whether strongbox's trap has been disarmed or not)

2.In BoS Bunker Level 3 there are some scribe and knights quarters. Locked lockers and footlockers display .error at an attempt to unlock them before trying to open them first. (if one tries to open them first and sees the it's locked info then it is possible to open them without the error message).

/vanilla bugs

3. I lost the Bike in V13 caverns map (there was no bike on arrival and i was traveling on the upgraded bike with full crew) when traveling from necropolis to V13 to return the water chip.

4. in V13 level 3 around 6:00 AM npc's that are gone during the night flash ocasionally (they appear for fraction of a second and vanish) when advancing clock to 7:00 the bug is gone.

5. on many ocasions i encounter merchant and guards. Some of the guards have weapons in ther inventories which their model can't use likely due to no animations for it (like SMG for black male in metal armor model or desert eagle for red hair female in metal armor model).

6. I have Ranger perk and 200% in outdoorsman and still can't avoid random encounters if i choose to. simply the pop-up never comes on, like it used to in earlier revisions.

7. The stone ring special encounter is encountered more than once, but i cannot enter temple of trials more than once. Is this correct?

8. Some of the new quests don't cross out. Like the Join Skullz after the skullz are dealt with for Lars, and in latest revision the V15 quests don't get crossed out.

9. Something needs to be done with Barter modifiers. It's too easy to purchase cheaper than sell the items especially for Mrs.Stapleton. Rest is Ok'ish since they bug out only at very high barter levels and Master Trader perk, which nobody would pick during normal playthrough.

Honestly, the most infuriating thing was the lack of headers for *anything* even after all those years. :>
For example, i'll never understand why someone went thru hundreds of scripts leaving comments about values, instead of simply replacing them with defines...
My understanding is Fallout scripting, unlike Fallout 2, does not actually support headers or proper defines. There were no headers or defines in the original scripts (all GVARs, localvars, and mapvars were referred to numerically) and no structure for that (such as *.h files) like Fallout 2 had. Everything was manual, which honestly is a horrific ill-advised time-consuming way to code it and I have no idea why they ever did it that way, but I'm not aware of another way to do it unless we modified the Falloutw.exe to read scripts differently. :shrug:

It was also buggy - bugs that I've noticed before even in my last Fo1 playthrough.
Yeah, unfortunately with a large amount of changes plus many added features and functionality, along with me not being an actual programmer, comes new bugs. :cry:

How about archiving repo(s) [Settings -> Archive this repository] and adding big red this is not a repo you looking for? There still might be something useful out there. Maybe some docs, maybe some tools, i have no idea what's there honestly :D (except old Rotators doc and encounters map which was quite useful when working on our worldmap implementation). I wouldn't throw it all away; i still keep finding repos abandoned years ago, but having that one little thing (tiny function, comment, actual exe instead of dead links, etc.) which saves my butt when working on something more or less related. Or the other way around - stuff which i forgot i wrote is used in some new project for any reason.One man's trash is another man's treasure; we was able to track lot of old stuff back to over 10 years old threads on obscure russian forums - would be a shame to brake that chain now :)
Fair enough! I'll clean up the repo and make sure it's labeled clearly, along with leaving binaries intact.

But here's the thing - that forced us to automate such changes, just to understand what author had in mind. Those comments was pretty valuable when our tool was still in early stage, and helped to squash dozens of bugs, just by being there -- it's like you wrote tests for app which didn't exists yet :> Long story short - awful fixt code helped to create a tool making decompiled scripts readable by actual humans.
It was all part of my master plan. :salute::lol:

EDIT: I've now updated the old engine conversion thread to point to this one, archived the old repo, and marked both as obsolete / For Reference Only.

Last edited:
1. Hightower's strongbox displays trap disarmed constantly after continously searching for traps instead no traps found (One can't actually tell whether strongbox's trap has been disarmed or not)

Should be fixed now, but I had no time to test it.

2.In BoS Bunker Level 3 there are some scribe and knights quarters. Locked lockers and footlockers display .error at an attempt to unlock them before trying to open them first. (if one tries to open them first and sees the it's locked info then it is possible to open them without the error message).
Ugh. I simply replaced the scripts with the Fo2 locker scripts. Most of the containers are empty anyway. Not sure if there was any reaction behavior by the surrounding critters, but generally I don't think it matters much here...

4. in V13 level 3 around 6:00 AM npc's that are gone during the night flash ocasionally (they appear for fraction of a second and vanish) when advancing clock to 7:00 the bug is gone.
Yeah, known issue. I don't know yet how to fix that. Will investigate some day later.

5. on many ocasions i encounter merchant and guards. Some of the guards have weapons in ther inventories which their model can't use likely due to no animations for it (like SMG for black male in metal armor model or desert eagle for red hair female in metal armor model).
You mean the yellow pants metal armor (there is no metal armor redhead)?
I've added new frames for the black metal armor dude. They were part of the unfinished black player character mod - now they allow these NPCs to wield club, spear and smg weapon, so that issue should be "fixed".

6. I have Ranger perk and 200% in outdoorsman and still can't avoid random encounters if i choose to. simply the pop-up never comes on, like it used to in earlier revisions.
Not much I can do about that. For me personally the popup never shows up anyway, unless I'm using the car. Don't know what's the mechanic behind it.

7. The stone ring special encounter is encountered more than once, but i cannot enter temple of trials more than once. Is this correct?
I already noticed that special encounter reappear... even though they really should not. They also ignore the level requirements now and I have no idea what is causing this. My current theory is that the game somehow gets confused because the worldmap.txt is in /mods/fo1_base/data/ .... but still that makes no sense, because everything else works.
Really don't know what is broken here now.

For now I have re-added the "spawn a single rock"-item to the special encounters. Who knows, maybe removing this was causing it... (generally makes no sense to me, but whatever).

Should be fixed now, but I had no time to test it.

Ugh. I simply replaced the scripts with the Fo2 locker scripts. Most of the containers are empty anyway. Not sure if there was any reaction behavior by the surrounding critters, but generally I don't think it matters much here...
You mean the yellow pants metal armor (there is no metal armor redhead)?

I don't know if the model's pants are yellow however the hair is red ponytail on metal armor, although i belive it is called yelow pants metal armor. Vic's daugther "Valerie" uses this model in Fo2 in Vault City.
this model has spear and knife animations only no pistol or smg. and they spawn with desert eagle and caps in their inventories in the described above random encounters along with eigther black male metal armor or dude metal armor which have only caps in inventory and actually wield the desert eagles.

One other thing.. if You brought Fo2 Locker scripts to Fo1in2, does it mean that finally the lock can be destroyed by shooting it or kicked to death? can lockers be finally opened by crowbar now? If so could you please add this functionality to all lockers on all the maps (at least the locked ones), and at least some wooden locked doors? for example the ones BoS initiate prisoner in Hub is behind? it always troubled my mind that it's only lockpick or explosives to deal with those pesky doors. no doorkicking shooting or crowbar burglery in Fo1 engine :p

EDIT:
and what about bug #3 #8 and #9?

EDIT2:
As for the deactivate security systems in the glow.. wouldn't it be enaugh to cross out that quest off the list, if the player deactivates robots by issueing the command to ZAX? ( the option pops-up in ZAX's dialogue after primary power has been restored. (one needs to travel back to level 4 from level 6 to do this before attempting level 5 in a pacifist playthrough).

EDIT3: I'm not so sure about level requiremet for any special encouters except "Flying Saucer"
(not "Flying Sauser" as it is now, yeah I know it's not nice to point such things out especially when lecture comes from a guy with such poor language skills as mine :p but I'm telling this for the sake of the game). I mean most stuff you get from special encouters is meh including Red Ryder LE BB Gun. The stone ring only gives zip-gun, which is useless at the very moment it is found. Perhaps if the footlocker had APA Mk.I or Mk.II in it :D the encouter should have a level requiremet, but it desn't.

Last edited:
and what about bug #3 #8 and #9?
Had no time to investigate that yet.

One other thing.. if You brought Fo2 Locker scripts to Fo1in2, does it mean that finally the lock can be destroyed by shooting it or kicked to death? can lockers be finally opened by crowbar now? If so could you please add this functionality to all lockers on all the maps (at least the locked ones), and at least some wooden locked doors? for example the ones BoS initiate prisoner in Hub is behind? it always troubled my mind that it's only lockpick or explosives to deal with those pesky doors. no doorkicking shooting or crowbar burglery in Fo1 engine :p

Crowbar, etc. should work on them. There are also already two or three doors that support the crowbar (I think the hidden door at Seth's place, don't remember right now). Generally all these scripts could be brought to Fo2 standard with no troubles. It's just tedious to do, because there are quite a few different door scripts. I had planned to do this at some point, just couldn't find the motivation yet (because it's so tedious).

Nope, I want to keep it the same as in Fo1. However, as with everything else, someone can make a separate mod for that if they want to.

The "F1Undat-UI" was made by Ghosthack for this project. It's part of the alpha release package and installation instructions.

The "F1Undat-UI" was made by Ghosthack for this project. It's part of the alpha release package and installation instructions.
Absolutely right. I do not argue. For all I know, F1Undat-UI by Ghosthack, based on netframework 4.7.2... version of the above, on the basis of netframework 4.0.

Damn.. I was really counting that this weekend would be like the few previous ones, where i denounce bugs and they get squashed.. however it's been quiet. No updates on svn this weekend. sitting at v773. What happened?

EDIT: I still loose the motorcycle when going to V13 caves on it. The Bike simply doesn't show anywhere on the map, and it's gone for good (or rather for 'bad').

Last edited:
I had plans to finish the beta release this weekend, but then got distracted with other stuff. Sadly the new bug reports didn't help it either, because it means I will have to spend more time on that first.

Generally there will be fewer updates from now on, as most of the important stuff I wanted in is done now (except for the high level stuff I can't do myself - needs outside help that is very hard to come by). So it's mostly really only fixing bugs every once in a while.

By the way: It would be cool to create the possibility to merge this with Fixit at some point - maybe via an Installer with several "restoration" options to choose from. I have a pretty hard time deciding wich version I want to play. :)

(Not really, FO1 in the FO2 engine is far better, but I miss some of the small features and restored quests that were intended to be in the game. I tested Agatha in Shady Sands (useles, but easily availabe for testing purposes) and turning in Iguana Bob by messing with the ini files, but although I'm quite confident that I set it up correctly, it didn't work.)

Did you disable the "bugfixes only" option in the fo1_settings.ini? This is required for most of these "sub-options". I mostly didn't touch these bits of code, so it should work like in the Fixt version that we used as base (from 2015 I think).

Then again, I didn't test any of that, because I don't play with them.

Did you disable the "bugfixes only" option in the fo1_settings.ini? This is required for most of these "sub-options". I mostly didn't touch these bits of code, so it should work like in the Fixt version that we used as base (from 2015 I think).

Then again, I didn't test any of that, because I don't play with them.

I completely forgot to report that one..
Although I've set both can_turn_bits_bob=1 and bits_bob_goes_to_jail=1 in Vault13.gam they do not seem to work as well as couple of others Sex with Tandi and Lorri and CHA operation by Lorri instead of Patrick the Celt, and as mentioned above Aghata desn't show up eigther. The new way for good ending for Followers does not work eigther. I've set invasion timer to 99999, recruited Folower-macho help, Let Laura go after conversation, (waited till she leaves map before bloodbath), and still nothing. Followers got pwned by mutants said the endgame slide. Hub too although invasion timer was 99999 and I've killed Decker and been kind to Harold (always paid him high and listened to his story, before deathclaw chat).

Back