Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

BTW, I noticed that the INI files in the config folder allow you to configure, among other things, the behavior of the Skills system.

Including the ability to disable the x2 skill point bonus to Tagged skills.

Is that a potential way to, le gasp, make Skill perks useful? :O

Whenever I set my resolution to 1920x1080 the game crashes with a generic "memory could not be read" error on launch. Any smaller resolution works. It will play the splash screen then immediately shit itself.

No idea, we didn't change anything with the High-Res patch. It's exactly the same as in the RPU and other mods. You can try to disable the Dx9 mode or something.

That being said, you should not be setting the screen resolution this high anyways, unless you want a game with graphics for ants.

@Lexx
I found several NPCs that use generic "tell me about" texts instead of their own "tell me about" texts.
(I'll check a few more characters and give you a list here)

Next I would have two questions:

1) In the BoS bunker, there is a female paladin (right at the entrance on the first floor) who has a virtually complete romance written in her texts, which has never been activated.
Do you think you could reactivate it?

2) This is more of a personal question: How hard would it be to add a few new holodisks to the game?
"Hundreds of years ago" one of the original F1 translators (to my language) added a few holodisks to the game with a few extra texts and I would like to restore them in my translation of et tu. I know that the holodisk, which must be able to be read in pipboy, is probably a lot more complicated than an ordinary item, so I'd rather ask if it makes sense to try at all.

A small note about the region Warehouse in Boneyard.
(The place where deathclaws live.)

It's not a warehouse... :wtf:
It's an old cinema.

This is clearly visible from the layout of the building, movie posters on the walls and about a dozen mentions in dialogues where everyone says that Rippers had a base in an old cinema. Wouldn't it be much more logical to rename the whole area to "cinema" or "old cinema"? This thing has got on my nerves for almost twenty years...

It's how the devs original set it. As a total conversion mod, I doubt Lex would change content. Outside of project's scope.

I don't want to change details like that. However, as this is the Fo2 engine and we have lots of possibilities, it would be easy for someone to make mods for stuff like that.

1) In the BoS bunker, there is a female paladin (right at the entrance on the first floor) who has a virtually complete romance written in her texts, which has never been activated.
Do you think you could reactivate it?
I checked the dialog and there seems to be lots of missing lines. I hate these romances in general, so it is very unlikely that I will write the missing text.

2) This is more of a personal question: How hard would it be to add a few new holodisks to the game?
"Hundreds of years ago" one of the original F1 translators (to my language) added a few holodisks to the game with a few extra texts and I would like to restore them in my translation of et tu. I know that the holodisk, which must be able to be read in pipboy, is probably a lot more complicated than an ordinary item, so I'd rather ask if it makes sense to try at all.

Well, for me it's easy to add new holodisks, because I just have to check some files and probably figure it out quickly. Can't really judge how difficult that is for other people. I remember having seen a holodisk editor some years ago. Don't remember the name of the tool, though, and don't remember where it can be downloaded. With that it's probably becoming easy for everyone.

@Lexx
All characters have been checked and these show problems:

1) Three stupid mutants in a waterworks in Necropolis - They have their own dialogues and their own "tell me about" texts, but both is unused.
(Although it may be remnants of unused texts from the original game.)
2) Bouty hunter Chriss - His "tell me about" texts will give you errors.
3) Seth in Shady Sands - He uses generic "tell me about" texts, instead of his own, original ones.
4) Water Guard in Vault 13 - He uses generic "tell me about" texts, instead of his own, original ones.
(But in his defense, his own "tell me about" texts are not very extensive.)

@Lexx
This does not directly relate to et tu, but is it possible to copy the "doors close automatically" option from et tu and use it regular Fallout 2 (wit the RP installed)?

You will have to edit all Fo2 / RP door scripts for that. @burn did a door overhaul a while ago, I guess it should be easy for him to add it as option into the RPU / UPU.

Remind me in ~2 or 3 months about the doors and I might be able to do it.

There is a bug in version 1.6 that caused swapping description of two items.
I checked it in version 1.5 and everything is fine there.

Zip Gun was change to Day Pass.
Although I do not deny that the pistol can open a lot of doors and allow you to enter many places :D

{30000}{}{Zip Gun}
{30001}{}{A handmade laser pistol. Min ST: 3.}

{25500}{}{Day Pass}
{25501}{}{This slightly crumpled piece of paper grants you access to all areas of Vault City, except the Vault itself, during daylight hours only.}

Something is wrong with your installation. I checked latest files and 25500 is
Code:
{25500}{}{Zip Gun}
{25501}{}{A handmade laser pistol. Min ST: 3.}

Considering 300 is the laser pistol for you that means you are still using the v1.5 files instead of the new v1.6 file.

Something is wrong with your installation. I checked latest files and 25500 is
Code:
{25500}{}{Zip Gun}
{25501}{}{A handmade laser pistol. Min ST: 3.}

Considering 300 is the laser pistol for you that means you are still using the v1.5 files instead of the new v1.6 file.

You're right. My mistake.
I thought you were just adding new texts to the end, and I didn't know you were changing existing ones.

If I may, I have one more question about an error during a duel with Garl.
I remember this error well from the original Fallout 1 and therefore I am surprised that it is also here.
Was it not possible to fix it?

Attachments

• email.seznam.cz.jpg
    email.seznam.cz.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 293
I don't have any crashes in the Garl fight. That being said, memory errors can be caused by god knows what and they alone are rarely helpful with finding out what's going on.

Back