Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

then perhaps Lexx made an oopse somewhere during code refinement, last time I played this it worked fine, although the first time the robot lost power i had to reload an earlier save and redo all of this agin, since he died on such a hex that the options to save him didn't work. it is a mod after all..

how do you get this mod to run in Gog Galaxy? Also, I have questions after going through the config file:

-what exactly is meant by party member requirements?
-can you get the good ending for the Hub and Boneyard if you enable cut characters and change the number of days until the invasions? Or do I need to download the Restored Good Endings Mod for that?
-where could I find the motorcycle? Will it need fuel?
-will enabling the critters from Fallout 2 increase the difficulty of the game?
-where can I upgrade weapons?
-how much tougher are the endgame super mutants?
-what is debug mode?
-are the added caverns good for farming experience?
-how much radiation will I receive in the areas around the glow?
-what are the satellite quest locations?
-what better rewards will I get from Talus or Mathia?
-exactly who will be put back into the game if I enable cut characters?

Getting an error then trying to launch the game : "The instruction at 00fdd783 referenced memory at 00000000. The memory could not be read from". Any idea what is causing this? Trying to play this on Manjaro Linux operating system.

Last edited:
Yeah, please remind me again in a month or two. :D

That said, my project has been released today:

Well, it's a long shot and I guess you're super busy right now, but here's your reminder. :)

@Cerebro AFAIK the fancy 'auto close door' after several seconds is indeed work of @burn but not a part of UPU/RPU, but a different fallout project also made by @burn.
it's called fo2tweaks, and is also available on github. it's modular and you can enable or disable all or single features of it. it's mostly cheats, but among all it has doors auto close feature too I think. besides fo2tweaks's highlight feature is a major painkiller in this game, it's waaays better than the standard stuff, however legit players may not like some of the features. however if You don't like them You can simply disable them, if the urge to use them is not too big, as i said it's modular, you can disable or enable each one of the features separately.

so why engage @Lexx into this? He's a busy man, and shouldn't be bothered wih the features that are already out there..

if you have conflicts or crashes with fo2 tweaks running, than you have a mod conflict. look up fo2tweak scripts gl_g_*.int and find all other stuff starting with gl_*.int to what's in fo2 tweaks scripts, and remove similar global scripts from the data\scripts folder of your game. this should fix it. i also had scripts conflict with fo2tweaks before, usually it was actually the gl_autodoors.int, it's already there, but only has function to open the doors while running through them, but not close automatically. Fo:EtTu is an exception, so it functions exactly like the gl_autodoors.int, so the game crashes with default fo2 tweaks setup on many ocasions due to both scripts runing simultaneously, especially when party npcs run through auto closing door.

@Cerebro AFAIK the fancy 'auto close door' after several seconds is indeed work of @burn but not a part of UPU/RPU, but a different fallout project also made by @burn.
it's called fo2tweaks, and is also available on github. it's modular and you can enable or disable all or single features of it. it's mostly cheats, but among all it has doors auto close feature too I think. besides fo2tweaks's highlight feature is a major painkiller in this game, it's waaays better than the standard stuff, however, legit players may not like some of the features. however if You don't like them You can simply disable them, if the urge to use them is not too big, as i said it's modular, you can disable or enable each one of the features separately.

I know of fo2tweaks - I have it installed. The door function there opens the doors, but they don't close again after a few seconds like they do in et tu. You may find this rather insignificant, but I personally like it. As for the "busy man" stuff: I think Lexx can decide for himself what he lets himself be bothered with. If he doesn't want to do it, then that's totally fine. I'm just asking - I'm not demanding. ;)

I know of fo2tweaks - I have it installed. The door function there opens the doors, but they don't close again after a few seconds like they do in et tu. You may find this rather insignificant, but I personally like it. As for the "busy man" stuff: I think Lexx can decide for himself what he lets himself be bothered with. If he doesn't want to do it, then that's totally fine. I'm just asking - I'm not demanding. ;)

ok "whateva"...

hey everyone, i've recently decided to do a new playthrough of Fallout 1 with the Fallout Et tu mod. I got everything up and running on Linux using Wine, but for some reason, the game is exiting to the main menu whenever I end combat.

I'm in the caves right outside of Vault 13, very beginning of the game. I'm fighting the rats and combat ends in anyway - whether I press spacebar, click "end" or it ends automatically - the screens fades to white and takes me back to the main menu.

There is no windows message box that pops up or anything, the screen just fades to white.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or have any pointers?

*Edit: Still trying to leave the caves, and this seems to happen moreso when the system automatically ends combat or ends a turn. But there is no 100% discernible pattern to what is causing the white screen...

*Edit 2: Managed to make it out of the cave, but when I enter the world map and click a square to travel, the screen fades to white immediately. Drops me back at the main menu. Debug log is attached.

Attachments

Last edited:
@xnzs: Looks like your game wants to play a video that was disabled. Not sure what is going on but either your installation is borked or your Linux stuff does something. I have no idea.

@Lexx I guess I am possibly SOL then. :/ Both Fallout 1 and 2 run fine with no white screens, so something must have happened with the mod install.

I ran undat.exe again to see if it would help - it didn't. I will do another fresh install to see if the white fade goes away, if not, I'll hop over to Windows to see if it runs fine there.

I really appreciate you taking a look.

Query: I've been wanting to get back into this mod, is there any mod compatible with it (or any FO2 mod) which nerfs all the insane laser resistances? A lot of enemies in FO1 use laser weapons like Laser Rifles and Gatling Lasers,, and Hardened Power Armor pretty much makes them harmless.

Can I choose to use the restored content with the installation or there's an unique installation that includes all whether you want it or not?

EDIT: well yeah, it seems, you can change things on the .ini file.

Next question: if i have fallout 1 moded (FIXT) it will causes issues on the install of Fallout et Tu? Because It's suposed you must have both game installed, but It's not specified if there will be a problem if either game installion is modded. I could think that to install this mod I have to clean install both games, but it is only recommendable, almost obligatory or not needed at all?

Last edited:
No, ettu doesn't care if you use vanilla Fo1 or Fixt. Also ettu comes in its own folder and doesn't touch vanilla Fo2 either, so here it also doesn't matter if it's modded or not.

No, ettu doesn't care if you use vanilla Fo1 or Fixt. Also ettu comes in its own folder and doesn't touch vanilla Fo2 either, so here it also doesn't matter if it's modded or not.
Well I forgot to say that I have Killap's Unofficial patch installed. Should I clean install or it doesn't matter either?

Thanks for the help

As I wrote, mods on either Fo1/2 don't matter for ettu. It comes in its own folder.

Back