Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

By default the one in ettu has LOS check enabled, make sure the stuff you want to highlight is within your player character's line of sight.
Every time I've checked my character was staring at whatever was supposed to be highlighted. Didn't work. Neither did reloading or leaving the location and coming back. The corpse outside the Vault where you start is very much within the line of sight, again, nothing happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, it got fixed, somehow. I had the color set to purple and LOS on. Unchecked the LOS and set the color back to yellow and it worked. Set the color to purple and LOS on again, and it works now. I have absolutely no idea why it didn't in the first place, the settings now are exactly the same as before.

Last edited:
He will spawn randomly in one of the three maps. Maybe he is in a different place this time?
Does that mean that he spawns in one of the sewer maps, stays there and you have to find him or whenever you enter a map he has a random chance to spawn in one of the three locations and you just have to get lucky? I'm running circles right now and being barely able to make the ghouls out of the background certainly doesn't help. Cannot see him anywhere in the sewers, but there's no corpse left of him there either. The only difference I've noticed so far is that the so called Sever King spawned and that's that. There's no quest entry in Pipboy either.

Or do you mean one of the three maps above ground?

His body is next to the sewer king.
Thanks, didn't even notice. Although, zombie guard?

If you give him any energy cell(s), he will use them to leave. However, he still needs the Controller, which he has hidden nearby. Now you have three options: 1. you wait for him to pick it up, then kill him, 2. wait for him to pick it up and then steal it while he walks back, or 3. you find the Controller yourself (perception check / binocular) and steal it.

You can also combine 2 and 3 ... Find the Controller, drop it somewhere else, then give energy cells to him so he leaves the bike alone. Pick up the Controller again and make ways before Griffith has returned. In any case, you're an ass, because you likely took part in his future death in the city. :>
What do I need to pass the check? I have 8 PE and looking at pretty much every lookable object on the watershed map gave me nothing. Do I need to check walls or something? Didn't get any insight text like with the hidden doors in Seth's temple.

EDIT: Nevermind, bike works fine.

Attachments

• 2022-03-12 20_39_19-Fallout Et Tu - remains of Zombie Guard.png
    2022-03-12 20_39_19-Fallout Et Tu - remains of Zombie Guard.png
    418.9 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:
When I recruited Tycho my party was already full, so he declined. He's not at the bar anymore, where can I find him now?

What do I need to pass the check? I have 8 PE and looking at pretty much every lookable object on the watershed map gave me nothing. Do I need to check walls or something? Didn't get any insight text like with the hidden doors in Seth's temple.
This post is old and references stuff that isn't in the game anymore. The way to get the bike was changed later.

When I recruited Tycho my party was already full, so he declined. He's not at the bar anymore, where can I find him now?
He isn't going anywhere. Are you sure you visit the bar at the right time?

Is it a Fallout Fixt thing that you are transferred to the Scrapheap by using that desk computer in Necropolis? Is it supposed to be some sort of simulation?

@Proletären
initially it was a Sduibek's Idea ( not sure if He implemented it) however Lexx improoved upon the idea.. and make it look good, it was ment to be a way to implement scrapheap into Fo1

and yes it is sepose to be a sort of game played on a computer within a game :p

Sort of like playing paintballl in form of a computer game: simulation of life within a simulation of life..

Fixt had a text-adventure-like gimmick there. We just threw in the demo for lolz.

My original idea was to change the visuals of the map and add it as completely new location to the game, but in the end it would have just been meh anyways ... I think the current implementation is better.

Fixt had a text-adventure-like gimmick there. We just threw in the demo for lolz.

My original idea was to change the visuals of the map and add it as completely new location to the game, but in the end it would have just been meh anyways ... I think the current implementation is better.

don't just say "You think".. it actually "is" better that way. ;)

Thanks!

Well I like the idea of the generator powered by brahma dung and two gangs fighting for control over the towns energy supply. The problem with the location is that it looks too much like Junktown. It definitely need some changed visuals if it's going to be a location in the game.

Maybe it could just be merged into Junktown? There's some empty houses there and the location feels very barebones as it is. Then the Skulz would get some rival gangs in form of the Fools and the Crypts. And you would get to see where Junktown receives it's energy from. But maybe Lars should be in control of the generator instead of Rayze.

Last edited:
Well, I can say with 100% certainty that I would not work on such an idea. :p The content really isn't that good and it would need lots of changes to other NPCs in the location.

Funny enough, the writing quality of the demo is on-par with most of the cut content in Fo1, which tells me that it was probably written in a day or so. It's really barely anything.

Agree the only good bit is Lenny who look over the brahma pen. It's a funny piece of dialogue and it would be nice to explore where people in the wasteland get their energy from. I could very much see the brahma dung and the generator being included somewhere in Fallout 1, like in the Hub or Shady Sands. Shady Sands would be the best place I think as it's there you will first encounter brahmas. You just need a brahma pen, Lenny and a generator room. No quest, just that funny bit of dialogue. Then the player would get a sense of how energy is being made and how useful brahmas are.

But it's fine as it is now as well. It was cool to explore the little content that is in the demo.

Last edited:
I find it funny how obvious it is when a writer got more time to spend on a dialog. The difference is night and day.
My wild guess is that Lenny was one of the first to be written for the demo, and then everything else was cobbled together quickly. Dialog in Fo2 feels so different - it clearly had more planning and a higher focus.

Oh, also interesting - many of the dialog files in Fo1 have between 150 and 250 strings only. That's probably what was their target line count to keep size in check. Really wish I had realized those things about 10 years earlier, then I would probably have been able to finish my other Fo2 mods ...

/edit: Most NPCs in Fo1 have no more than 150 lines maximum. Location important NPCs have up to 200 to 250 lines ("information vendors"). Major characters have about 300 lines. Even the Master only has 300(!) lines.

Last edited:
As we know, FO1/2 laser resistances are unbalanced as hell - laser is the worst damage type in the game. I don't know who balanced the armor resistances but he clearly bungled it up with lasers. A lot of enemies use lasers, especially end-game enemies like Super Mutants. Both the Lieutenant and The Master use Gatling Lasers, which clearly means Gatling Lasers were meant to be OP end-game weapons.

Question: Is there any Et Tu compatible mods that fix laser resistances values? Or will I have to literally mod the armor values myself?

I think I recall FIXT had an optional option that changed laser resistances, or am I imagining things?

Btw... talking about Scrapheap, I remember thinking about a "FO1 extension" mod and one idea I had was Scrapheap being extended and developed into its own location. Not sure which part of the game it would be in, but considering the miniguns and the reference to Necropolis, I think it would clearly fit post-Junktown, as somewhere found either before or after Hub. I really ought to post that thread one day, I had some wacky ideas.

Even the Master only has 300(!) lines.

That's because He's The Master and He does not answer to you.

Question: Is there any Et Tu compatible mods that fix laser resistances values? Or will I have to literally mod the armor values myself?
You will have to do it yourself. However, I suggest to not edit the proto files, but do it in script similar to how the tougher super mutants setting works.

I think I recall FIXT had an optional option that changed laser resistances, or am I imagining things?
Yes but it was completely broken and made you not use power armor in the end. Tesla Armor was the new king of everything.

Tycho can now use everything but big and energy weapons. However, his allowed weapons are still limited to sledgehammer, spear, pistol, smg, and rifles (sledge and smg are new).

Technically the critter can also use knife and club weapons, but I kept it disabled to stay a bit more true to the original. Other non-party member critters of the same type will be able to use those weapons now, though. (For example the skullz in Junktown are equipped with knives but were never able to use them due to lack of animations)

/Edit: I'm wondering now if I should allow knife and club weapons. Though I do like that party members have limited arsenals ... makes them feel more unique if they can't just use anything.

Last edited:
You will have to do it yourself. However, I suggest to not edit the proto files, but do it in script similar to how the tougher super mutants setting works.

But how? I do not know how to make scripts in FO2.

Yes but it was completely broken and made you not use power armor in the end. Tesla Armor was the new king of everything.

How so?

To be fair, does anyone even use Tesla in FO1? Sure, it makes you pretty much ignore energy attacks, but enemies still have plenty of miniguns, flamers, rocket launchers and melee attacks in the late-game.

Back