Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.9

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Alphons

Alphons National Beholder

Aug 9, 2017
    Possible, as I first unloaded the cargo.

Happened both at the Adytum with Crimson Caravan and Junktown with Far Go.

Thanks for explanation.

2. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    which some of it was a part of Sduibek's FIXT as well...

3. Kaadovah

Kaadovah First time out of the vault

Apr 20, 2018
    First and foremost, feeling a bit too lazy at the moment to either read through the thread or experiment myself, so I'll just ask outright.
    1. Can I play F2 from the directory that this mod is piggybacking on? And by extension, can I cram the Restoration Project in there and expect both games being playable? In theory I could just install another F2 just for RP, but I kind of have little disc space to play around with right now.
    2. Do I need to keep F1 installed?
    3. Is there a possibility of adding the "press shift to highlight items/containers" mod (the name of which continuously escapes me)?
    4. Same as above but inventory sorter.

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    1. Yes, ettu is installed in its own subfolder, doesn't interfere with the original F2 or RP.
    2. No after you run undat.exe and extract necessary files from F1.
    3. Yes, the function is already included.
    4. Yes, but you need to install it separately.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    3. Doesn't want to work. There seems to be a typo, since ctrl is assigned number 28, while its key=29. Fixed that, doesn't work. Tried enabling other keys, one at a time, neither works. Tried the same on a new game, doesn't work. Weird, all other stuff and edits seem to function properly so far.

6. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    By default the one in ettu has LOS check enabled, make sure the stuff you want to highlight is within your player character's line of sight.

7. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Item highlighting without LOS check is lame. IMO it should have always been on by default. Now people got used to the whole-map cheat and can't live without it anymore.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 3
  8. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    Every time I've checked my character was staring at whatever was supposed to be highlighted. Didn't work. Neither did reloading or leaving the location and coming back. The corpse outside the Vault where you start is very much within the line of sight, again, nothing happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, it got fixed, somehow. I had the color set to purple and LOS on. Unchecked the LOS and set the color back to yellow and it worked. Set the color to purple and LOS on again, and it works now. I have absolutely no idea why it didn't in the first place, the settings now are exactly the same as before.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    Does that mean that he spawns in one of the sewer maps, stays there and you have to find him or whenever you enter a map he has a random chance to spawn in one of the three locations and you just have to get lucky? I'm running circles right now and being barely able to make the ghouls out of the background certainly doesn't help. Cannot see him anywhere in the sewers, but there's no corpse left of him there either. The only difference I've noticed so far is that the so called Sever King spawned and that's that. There's no quest entry in Pipboy either.

Or do you mean one of the three maps above ground?

10. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    His body is next to the sewer king.

11. Kaadovah

Apr 20, 2018
    Thanks, didn't even notice. Although, zombie guard?

What do I need to pass the check? I have 8 PE and looking at pretty much every lookable object on the watershed map gave me nothing. Do I need to check walls or something? Didn't get any insight text like with the hidden doors in Seth's temple.

EDIT: Nevermind, bike works fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2022
  12. The_Proletarian

The_Proletarian Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    When I recruited Tycho my party was already full, so he declined. He's not at the bar anymore, where can I find him now?

13. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    This post is old and references stuff that isn't in the game anymore. The way to get the bike was changed later.

He isn't going anywhere. Are you sure you visit the bar at the right time?

14. The_Proletarian

Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    You are right. Thanks.

15. The_Proletarian

Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Is it a Fallout Fixt thing that you are transferred to the Scrapheap by using that desk computer in Necropolis? Is it supposed to be some sort of simulation?

16. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    @Proletären
    initially it was a Sduibek's Idea ( not sure if He implemented it) however Lexx improoved upon the idea.. and make it look good, it was ment to be a way to implement scrapheap into Fo1

and yes it is sepose to be a sort of game played on a computer within a game :p

Sort of like playing paintballl in form of a computer game: simulation of life within a simulation of life..

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Fixt had a text-adventure-like gimmick there. We just threw in the demo for lolz.

My original idea was to change the visuals of the map and add it as completely new location to the game, but in the end it would have just been meh anyways ... I think the current implementation is better.

18. gustarballs1983

Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    don't just say "You think".. it actually "is" better that way. ;)

19. The_Proletarian

Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    Thanks!

Well I like the idea of the generator powered by brahma dung and two gangs fighting for control over the towns energy supply. The problem with the location is that it looks too much like Junktown. It definitely need some changed visuals if it's going to be a location in the game.

Maybe it could just be merged into Junktown? There's some empty houses there and the location feels very barebones as it is. Then the Skulz would get some rival gangs in form of the Fools and the Crypts. And you would get to see where Junktown receives it's energy from. But maybe Lars should be in control of the generator instead of Rayze.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2022
  20. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Well, I can say with 100% certainty that I would not work on such an idea. :p The content really isn't that good and it would need lots of changes to other NPCs in the location.

Funny enough, the writing quality of the demo is on-par with most of the cut content in Fo1, which tells me that it was probably written in a day or so. It's really barely anything.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1