Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Tesla Armor was still king if you wanted to fight the Master or Lou, etc. Power Armor didn't felt like it was worth it. Fun fact, Wasteland 2 did exactly the same balance mistake - in late game it was more effective to equip your team with low-tier than high-tier armor, as the later was more vulnerable to energy weapons ... which appeared more often on enemies near the end of the game.

How does radiation on the world map work? In a walkthrough for Fallout 1 I read this:

Walkthrough said:
The deal with the Glow is that you'll be exposed to radiation only on the actual Glow maps, but not anywhere on the world map (except for the occasional random encounter hot spot). So when you're going here, click on a nearby square just next to the Glow circle, take two Rad-X (or one if that gets you to 100% Radiation Resistance) and save if you like. Then leave to the world map, cross into the Glow square, and you should have plenty of time remaining of Rad-X duration.

Is this the same in Et Tu? No radiation on the world map I mean.

In et tu, the zones around the Glow on the worldmap will actually radiate you. This is a feature that can be disabled in the settings, but doing that is lame. :> (Those zones are defined as "Radiated x" if you stop and move the mouse over the green triangle)

Also you get rads in encounters around the Glow. This was an addition by Fixt (vanilla only has 1 glow map with radiation, with Fixt it's in all of them), but I kept it because why not.

That's great I think! It would be too easy to cheat otherwise, as described in that walkthrough I quoted.

I mean, it's still not really hard, it just feels more gradually than the instant 0 radiation, 100 radiation. :p

I'm at the BoS bunker and you're supposed to be able to watch Thomas train the initiates. However he just stands on the middle of the training ground with the initiates on their respective place. It says "Thomas ignores you" when you click him and the initiates just say "Can't you see I'm in training?". When will they start the actual training that you can watch?

Talus however sometimes shouts things like "Watch your form", even though they are all standing still.

e: I have the same problem as this guy had.

Don't remember, but I think it starts at a certain time. Maybe wait till the morning and / or change maps.

try talking to talius about getting better weapons or more ammo Just don't use the line "Climb the highest mountain" as that won't lead to a quest and no extra PA for them party NPCs. the training usually initiates after enterig the level 1 of the bunker going straight to trainig room and talking to talius, any attempt to exit map, or theft savescumming for the loot b4 the training lesson ends in broken training lesson. so get a save from b4 entering BoS bunker lvl1

Tesla Armor was still king if you wanted to fight the Master or Lou, etc. Power Armor didn't felt like it was worth it. Fun fact, Wasteland 2 did exactly the same balance mistake - in late game it was more effective to equip your team with low-tier than high-tier armor, as the later was more vulnerable to energy weapons ... which appeared more often on enemies near the end of the game.

I understand... well, I have to think of something. Hardened Power Armor is still too cheesy in FO1 because lasers don't even scratch the paint, and most late-game enemies use lasers.

You said it can be done by scripting, but how? I am not a Fallout (2) modder. Can I use FIXT's fix and change it somehow or will I have to start from zero?

By default, Et Tu uses Glovz's damage formula and ammo mod, which already tried to address the problems with laser weapons and AP ammo.
You might want to check that before starting to work on porting FIXT's fix.

the training usually initiates after enterig the level 1 of the bunker going straight to trainig room and talking to talius, any attempt to exit map, or theft savescumming for the loot b4 the training lesson ends in broken training lesson. so get a save from b4 entering BoS bunker lvl1
So I had to reload a save from before entering the bunker and then run straight for the training room without talking to anybody, as you said. Previously I had talked to a few people before reaching the training area.

For watching the training I received 5% unarmed and 5% melee as well as 500 experience points.

The whole thing feels quite fragile. I reloaded my save from outside again and ran straight for the training room, this time however I did only receive 4% unarmed and 4% melee. And I didn't get 500xp for watching. I think that might be because I moved my character slightly, not far and still adjacent to the training.

Could this be looked into in order to minimize the risk of fucking this up. Most people will probably talk to some BoS members before reaching the training room and maybe even walk about while the training is in session.

Don't know. This scene is very complicated and right now I can't see anything wrong with it. But that said, there is leftover code of knife training. Looks like it was more than just unarmed at some point.

/Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it. Another vanilla Fo1 bug off the list.

I think originally it was split into unarmed and armed (knife) lessons. My guess is the scene was shortened and both +skills were merged into one thing.

Last edited:
How do you get an extra PA for the party NPC:s? I got one for myself from Talus and then I helped Kyle fix the broken one.
Uh sorry I mixed up Talus with Talius ( While I mend to say Talus. but Talius is actually a ghoul in boneyard library sublevel..)
Anyways, You already got what's available for common mortals. However if You're on to powergaming and min-maxing your character there is a way to obtain more than two sets.

However it requires Fixt-enabled, shitload of sneak and lockpick skills ( probably around 150 sneak + stealthboy and 200 sneak could get you through after several reloads, Electronic Lockpick won't do the trick, as the door are sepose to automatically open themselves, and with lockpick they don't).

I'm talking ofcourse about hacking BoS armory door. You have to succed on first attempt, or BoS folks go hostile. Save b4 is adivsed. This is FIXT addition, as originally it wasn't possible. There are extra PAs inside ( two exactly) so a total of four PAs in game to be owned. Exactly the number to outfit player's team.

@Proletären Forgot to ask before -- lots of people instantly start to cry when they read about the Fo2 weapons in ettu. What's your opinion on them? How do you feel about the distribution, etc?

@Proletären Forgot to ask before -- lots of people instantly start to cry when they read about the Fo2 weapons in ettu. What's your opinion on them? How do you feel about the distribution, etc?

First of all I really like the idea of having Fallout 2 content in Fallout 1 because why not? The addition of Geckos and lesser Radscorpions is great I think.

You have implemented the Fo2 weapons in a careful way so that they don't come in abundance and disturb game balance too much. I didn't get that many Fo2 weapons but I were really glad when I found them, they feel special in some way when they are rare.

I paid the Gun Runners 10k but completed the game before I had the time to check out their updated inventory, so the new weapons aren't that necessary, but I still like the idea of them.

My character didn't use any Fo2 weapons, I only found ones that were suitable for my companions. I got the Wakizashi for Ian even though he rarely used it. I also got the M3A1 "Grease Gun" SMG and a Pancor Jackhammer. On another playthrough I would probably find different ones and that's the charm I think.

I would say keep them!

Thanks for your feedback on that. So it's pretty much working how I intended it -- they should be seen more as bonus items. They are never crucial and you aren't drowning in them.

Hey @Lexx, got some questions:

1. do you have any plans for a "Purist Mode" that is pretty much indistinguishable from the OG Fallout 1 aside maybe from some quality of life additions from FO2? Because I keep seeing posts about going to play FO1 for the first time and I'm just chomping at the bit to recommend Et Tu as THE Fallout 1 experience in 2022.

2. Any plans for more "higher difficulty" settings? I loved Tougher Mutants, with party members being stronger than ever, I think it would be neat to have some optional boost (extra numbers? Better stats?) to earlier mobs and certain encounters - Khans, Skullz, Decker and co, Regulators, etc.

3. Any chance you will ever add some different 9mm ammo for the Mauser? Even in vanilla it was already mostly useless due to its rare ammo and low damage. With the Magnum being around, now its pretty much obsolete from the onset. Something like a few 9mm JHP bullets purchasable in say, The Hub, could add some new life on it - at least as a party member gun.

4. I wonder if someone ever tried making a proper "Party Tandi" NPC implementation?

1. Just disable everything in the fo1_settings.ini file

2. Not right now, no. Was thinking about making the Khans a bit stronger, because IMO they were never supposed to be early-game enemies but when you return with the water chip. But didn't really had the time and mood to do that so far.

3. Not from me, no. Someone else would have to do that.

4. Yes, something like that exists for Fixt and isn't hard to do. I just never liked it and reverted Tandi to vanilla Fo1.

Back